Golden Tulip Rome Airport
Best Western Hotel Rome Airport(Fiumicino)(Great Value!)
$116
$84
$178
$142
1,932 results
All reviewsone nightrome airportshuttle servicelovely poolpizzalast nightnice restaurantper personnext morningwould highly recommend this hotelclean hotelovernight stayincluded breakfastlong flightflight homeshort stayback home
Reviewed December 31, 2013

We often fly out of Rome and almost always stay in Fiumicino the night before. This is the first time we have stayed at the Golden Tulip. In the future, we will never stay anywhere else. This hotel is wonderful.

The only thing better than the hotel is the hotel's restaurant. The dinner and breakfast were fantastic.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Eric M
Reviewed December 30, 2013

This is the ideal place to stay if you have an overnight transit at FCO airport, Rome. Understand the place was taken over by the Golden Tulip and renovated.

Rooms are pleasantly appointed, functional, with wifi. The hotel restaurant was very good with good food and service.

Hotel has an airport shuttle from 6 am to 10 pm. I had an early morning flight and had to take a cab which was rather expensive - 25 euros for a 4-km ride less than ten minutes.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank AVIDTRAVELLER53
Reviewed December 27, 2013

I stayed here for one night as I had arrived early for a group trip and needed to be close to the airport. The hotel is excellent and very friendly for sole female travellers. I ate in the restaurant on site and didn't feel uncomfortable at all.

The rooms are clean and provide everything you may need.i would happily stay there again. I got a really good rate on hotels.com which was an extra bonus.

One thing that I would advise is that y make use of the airport shuttle service offered by the hotel. It's 6 euro each way....I went from the airport by taxi which was a costly mistake. It cost me 40 euro one way!!!! The hotel website gives you advise on where to get the transfer from the airport. I sadly didn't see that until after I arrived.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I believe a hotel’s primary function is to provide the guest with a room in which he or she can sleep in which is why I should give the hotel a 2 star rating but most will probably not have a similar experience to mine so I will settle on 3 stars. Falling asleep was rather difficult because the hotel had decided to hold a reception outside for dozens of people; a reception that didn't get started until 9pm! Naturally loud conversation and laughing in an outdoor environment will carry and be heard quite clearly in the rooms. You would think that at an airport hotel many people might have a flight in the morning therefore would want to sleep at a decent hour.
I don’t know if the party caused us to wait over an hour to get a table at the restaurant (we were told it would only be a half hour) but if you are staying here and require dinner you might want to make a reservation ahead of time or research other options. We found the food decent but as we experienced with other restaurants in Italy, the wait staff did not check up on us after we made our order unless we flagged them down. We were told we could sit outside and order drinks while we waited for a table and no one came to take our drink order for half an hour yet several of the staff were standing around chatting – they were obviously working the dinner reception so were just waiting for guests to arrive.
We were aware of this when we booked but as others have mentioned, if you need to get to the airport before the shuttle starts running, a taxi will cost about 25 Euros. The airport is not far but the meter had 12 Euros on it already when we got into the cab.
The room was surprisingly large and wifi was included so those were positives.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I arrived late and was leaving fairly early the following morning. There is a hotel shuttle bus for a fee (Euro6 I think) but it does not run frequently and therefore most likely a taxi will be required. A taxi will all charge about the same amount (I spoke to many) which is about Eur20 – Eur25. For a 3km journey this is a lot!

The rooms in the hotel are basic but clean and comfortable. The communal areas are however very nice and the outside bar area overlooking the pool is very relaxing.

Complimentary wifi was good and drinks prices were reasonable.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo