“One of the better airport hotels”

Hilton Rome Airport Hotel
Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Fiumicino
GreenLeadersGold level
The Netherlands
“One of the better airport hotels”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

We had to fly out of Fiumicino early in the morning and decided to stay overnight at the airport Hilton. This was a nice surprise. It turned out to be one of the modern Hiltons with all the modcons and good restaurants and cafés, which is needed as the airport itself only has self-service restaurants. The room was good and sleeping was no problem.
While we were there the hotel was sold out, and this showed a bit with staff being very busy and showing less attention to customers than usual for a Hilton. Nevertheless, our stay was great. As usual it helps if you are an HHonors member, as you will get additional perks (like free wifi if you are a Gold member or up) that make your stay more pleasant, but it was in any case one of the better airport hotels that I stayed in.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Wintberg53
HiltonRomeAirport, Direttore generale at Hilton Rome Airport Hotel, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for posting your positive review on TripAdvisor. It is very rewarding to know that you enjoyed your stay and appreciated the accommodation and all the services provided.
We look forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Andrea Carnevale

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (394)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Beirut, Lebanon
Reviewed November 26, 2013

We stayed in Hilton Rome hotel because we had a flight early morning and it was convenient to stay at proximity to the airport with a baby...
the hotel is very standard...
we moved the bed coz we ended up in a twin room.. there was lotttttt of dust underneath!!!
i had to clean the floor at night worried that my baby gets any allergy...
the resto of the hotel is not bad...
we were quite disappointed that the elevator that links the airport to the hotel is not working and no one bothered to put a sign at the begining of the alley (leading to the exit) to use another elevator...it was quite cumbersom to go down the stairs with baby and all suitcases!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your views on your stay with us. I have carefully read all your comments and glad to know that the overall experience has been satisfactory and that you appreciated the convenience of our location. Please accept my sincere apologies for the issue you reported. I have shared your comments with the Executive Housekeeper for her review and action. I also apologize for the inconvenience caused by the tunnel elevator being temporarily out of service. This was caused by a technical issue which had been immediately reported to the Airport Authorities who are in charge of airport premises maintenance. In the meantime my Team strived at its best to reduce the inconvenience to a minimum for our guests organizing shuttle transfers or providing luggage assistance if required.
We really hope we will have another opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Oslo, Norway
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Stayed here for one night during a airport stayover. Service was absolutely magnificent, as a HHonors member I was upgraded and felt like a valued guest. Had dinner at the hotel restaurant which was nice, so was the breakfast the morning after.

This is really a perfect hotel if you need to stay over close to the airport in Rome.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
HiltonRomeAirport, Direttore generale at Hilton Rome Airport Hotel, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for posting your positive review on TripAdvisor. I am very pleased to know that the experience has been up to your expectations and that you enjoyed the service delivered by my Team. In particular, I am extremely glad that you felt recognized as a valued guest and look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed November 25, 2013

My husband and I flew out of Rome at 6:10am and wanted to sleep somewhere near the airport-- Hilton Rome Airport fit the bill. It was an average hotel with an above average price tag. After two weeks of travelling in Italy with free WiFi in each of our hotel rooms, we were appalled that the Hilton wanted us to pay for WiFi in our room. The proximity to the airport can't be beat (about five minutes to the terminal). My final note- the hotel had a weird smell. Like they were pumping air freshener through the ventilation system.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
HiltonRomeAirport, Direttore generale at Hilton Rome Airport Hotel, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor. Guests ‘feedback is really important to us. I have taken note of all your comments and they will surely help us to improve our services in the future.
Looking forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

toronto
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I seem to have had a really different experience at this hotel than some of the recent reviewers.
I found it to be excellent in every way.
The location was perfect, near enough to the airport so as not to require transport, though there is a shuttle.
For me, the rather long walk on moving platforms was a good workout, even hauling a fifty pound piece of luggage with my hiking and kayaking gear inside.
The staff was incredibly efficient and friendly.
There was a glitch at the front desk when I was checking in--the computer suddenly went down and the staff did not know if my room was ready. I was really tight on time as I needed to catch the noon shuttle downtown. Though I was nervous, the staff handled things quite well and got me into the room just in time to quickly switch clothing, retouch my makeup from the eight hour plane ride and scramble downstairs in twenty minutes, fastest change time ever
I was upgraded to the executive floor for being a Hilton Gold member, and it made my stay.
I did not have to go looking for bottled water before I left--I just grabbed something from the lounge--which was one of the reasons I was able to make the shuttle.
The shuttle to downtown Rome was a godsend--it gave me the opportunity to see many of the main sights in the one day I was in Rome before I flew to Naples to join a group hiking the Amalfi Coast. One thing that almost gave me a heart attack, though---the shuttle stop is not labeled at all. A bunch of random buses of all types line up on a block. When I got to the place I had been left off many hours earlier, about twenty minutes before the appointed time and as darkness was rapidly falling, I had no clue if I was in the right place, or on the right side of the street. I went from person to person asking if anyone was heading for the Hilton and no one was. I went from bus to bus asking if anyone knew where the Hilton bus was--no one did. Finally, just as it was about to pull away, I chanced to connect with the right bus--it was the very last in the long line and we had been dropped much further ahead on the block. A sign would be oh so helpful.
I did not eat at the hotel--I just grabbed coffee and breakfast in the morning at the lounge, so I did not encounter problems with the food, though the cleanliness of the lounge was not terrific, now that I am remembering.
The hotel was pricy, but with the shuttle, it was decent value for the money.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank ShifraToronto
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your detailed review on TripAdvisor. Overall, I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay and all the services provided. It is very rewarding to know that we made our guests happy and delivered the exceptional customer service they expect from the Hilton. I am sorry for the troubles with the shuttle. It is not possible to put a sign but our usual shuttle is easily identifiable by the Logos on it. It might happen that, for maintenance reasons, the usual bus can be temporarily replaced. In this case, there is no logo on it but only a plate at the front which can be a bit difficult to spot.
Thank you once again for your precious and constructive feedback.
We look forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I stayed here on a business+leisure trip. I wanted to rebook for December but coudn't get accommodation as the hotel is booked out. This is a Hilton property so there are a lot of good things to say about this hotel so I am just going to put down the great things:
1. The shuttle bus that runs every 2 hours takes only 40 min in non-traffic time to get you to center of Rome city, right next to the Colosseum
2. The bathroom mirror has magic behind it so when you get out of hot shower the mirror is not covered in vapors
3. Very pleasant staff, specially restaurant staff
4. Amazing buffet breakfast, lots of variety

There are some improvements I would suggest:
1. Very nice dinner menu but you don't serve chicken soup. The vegetable soup was great too but please try to include chicken soup.
2. The swipe card door lock doesn't open easily. It really became irritating in the end.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your taking the time to post your precious feedback on TripAdvisor. I have taken note of your suggestions and will surely take them into the greatest consideration to improve our future service. I am very happy that the overall experience has been very satisfactory and that you enjoyed the friendly service of my Team and our buffet breakfast.
Thank you for being our guest. We look forward to welcoming you again very soon.

istanbul
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I have never seen a rude, angry staff before. And also cleaners are dirty. I saw the cleaner putting the new towels to the closet. Never and never to come Rome fuimicino hotel except it is free. Because you can easily find better hotel. I don't like it. There is a shuttle bus driver WHO is shouting the guests. I am putting his face.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank sercan k
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor. I have taken note of your comments and apologize if the overall experience has not been up to your expectations. Regarding the issue with the shuttle driver, I am aware that our Director of Operations has personally addressed your concerns and you were totally satisfied with the response of the Hotel. Rest assured that the episode will be investigated and your comments shared with the bus company management for their follow up. Thank you for being our guest!

Andrea Carnevale

Travelers are raving about these Fiumicino hotels