I'm really amazed to see the number of lukewarm reviews. First of all, the hotel is less than 200 meters from the main airport, connected by a series of four moving sidewalks (going past the airport parking lots). I can't imagine anyone taking 15-20 minutes to make this distance. I didn't meet a single staff member who wasn't polite, helpful, and fluent in English, including at the fitness center (only spoke with one person at the fitness center, though). We stayed here overnight after a flight from Palermo, waiting for our late AM (11:45) flight to Philadelphia the next day. We had planned to spend the afternoon in Rome, but decided instead to veg out (our flight from Palermo came in late). We did have a late a la carte lunch at the hotel. I can't speak for the buffet, but the lunch we had was tasty. The evening reception and breakfast in the executive lounge were also great.
The room was not only clean, well-maintained, and comfortable, but also surprisingly quiet. The hotel is well away from the flight paths, and there was no airport noise whatsoever. We also never heard any hallway noise or noise from other rooms. The fitness center does seem to be open to membership for non-hotel guests, but is ample in size and there was plenty of equipment. The internet connection in the room was fast and reliable, and the TV had ample foreign-language channels.
Just a note of caution for those with a flight TO the U.S. or Israel. The walkway does NOT connect to the special "Terminal 5," from which passengers to the U.S. and Israel check in. You have to take a shuttle bus to Terminal 5, check in, then get shuttled back to the main airport, which adds another 20-30 minutes. So allow for extra time if your destination is the U.S. or Israel (one does not go via Terminal 5 when arriving at Rome).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Rome Airport is directly connected to Leonardo da Vinci Fiumicino Airport via a covered overpass with a moving walkway, just 7 minutes walking ditance. Stylishly appointed and modern in design, this contemporary hotel offers upscale amenities, fine dining and warm hospitality, supported by friendly and professional Hilton Team Members. 35 minutes from downtown Rome by complimentary shuttle bus 8 times a day, free wi-fi Internet access in public areas, swimming pool with Jacuzzi and Fitness Centre featuring the latest generation of cardio and strength training equipment, will help you to feel your best during the stay. 517 stylish and soundproof guest rooms including 108 Executive Rooms and 15 Suites with access to the Executive Lounge (serving complimentary breakfast and refreshments all day). On site Le Colonne Restaurant serving Buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner and Caffe Tevere Bistro with a delicious selection of pizzas, pastas, burgers and creative salads. A Kids Menu is also available, offering chicken nuggets, mini burgers and ice cream. An In-Room Dining menu is located in each guest room and offers a variety of food and beverage items for you to enjoy. Hilton Rome Airport is located 8 miles from the Parco de Medici business district and 6.5 miles from Fiera di Roma Exhibition Centre. Parco Leonardo shopping mall is just one train stop from the Airport station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Rome Airport Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton International Fiumicino
- Hilton Fiumicino
- Rome Hilton
- Hilton Rome Airport Hotel Fiumicino