“Comfortable, convenient, and surprisingly quiet”

Hilton Rome Airport Hotel
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Fiumicino
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I'm really amazed to see the number of lukewarm reviews. First of all, the hotel is less than 200 meters from the main airport, connected by a series of four moving sidewalks (going past the airport parking lots). I can't imagine anyone taking 15-20 minutes to make this distance. I didn't meet a single staff member who wasn't polite, helpful, and fluent in English, including at the fitness center (only spoke with one person at the fitness center, though). We stayed here overnight after a flight from Palermo, waiting for our late AM (11:45) flight to Philadelphia the next day. We had planned to spend the afternoon in Rome, but decided instead to veg out (our flight from Palermo came in late). We did have a late a la carte lunch at the hotel. I can't speak for the buffet, but the lunch we had was tasty. The evening reception and breakfast in the executive lounge were also great.
The room was not only clean, well-maintained, and comfortable, but also surprisingly quiet. The hotel is well away from the flight paths, and there was no airport noise whatsoever. We also never heard any hallway noise or noise from other rooms. The fitness center does seem to be open to membership for non-hotel guests, but is ample in size and there was plenty of equipment. The internet connection in the room was fast and reliable, and the TV had ample foreign-language channels.
Just a note of caution for those with a flight TO the U.S. or Israel. The walkway does NOT connect to the special "Terminal 5," from which passengers to the U.S. and Israel check in. You have to take a shuttle bus to Terminal 5, check in, then get shuttled back to the main airport, which adds another 20-30 minutes. So allow for extra time if your destination is the U.S. or Israel (one does not go via Terminal 5 when arriving at Rome).

Room Tip: If you'll be able to attend the evening reception and breakfast, the executive floor is a nice b...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank lebelgo
HiltonRomeAirport, Direttore generale at Hilton Rome Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Dear Guest,

What a pleasure to read your positive review! Thank you for taking the time to post in on TripAdvisor.
I am happy that you found the hotel to be conveniently located and also enjoyed the accommodation and all the services provided. I am glad that the stay totally met your expectations and look forward to welcoming you again very soon.
Thank you for being our guest.
Kind regards.

Andrea Carnevale

Write a ReviewReviews (4,641)

Reviewed June 2, 2013

A long indoor trek from the airport terminal (15-20 minutes, with moving sidewalks but no luggage carts) but it's still more convenient for a morning flight than trying to take the Leonardo Express or a taxi from downtown Rome. Service in the bar and restaurant was great, but check-in and check-out was slow. Room was adequate but the hallway carpets looked suspicious and the tub in my room wasn't sufficiently clean. Amazingly soundproof though! Wifi was free in the public areas but logging in was somewhat problematic (fixed by staff at reception but only after I had to wait in the check-in line). Over-priced for the quality but worth it to me for the ease of access for my flight.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing the Hilton Rome Airport on TripAdvisor. I am glad the stay was satisfactory and that you enjoyed the convenience of our location.
We do value the genuine feedback of our guests . Looking forward to welcoming you again very soon.
Kind regards.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Only stay here if you have to. After 8 glorious nights in Rome and the Amalfi Coast, this hotel was a very disappointing last night. We stayed here to make catching our morning flight more pleasant. The hotel certainly is convenient, but that's about it. We had a non smoking room, which didn't smell like smoke, but the entire floor and hallway had the strongest smell of smoke I had to plug my noise from the elevator to the room. Really gross. The room was ok. The bed was comfortable, but the room was not up to my standards of clean. It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't great. The hotel food is atrocious to say the least. We ate at the buffet, which at 30 Euros a person was excessive. The food was disgusting. The vegetables tasted like they all came out of cans. The food at this hotel is not indicative of Italian food! I had never had a bad meal in Italy until staying at this hotel. I have stayed at a lot of hotels all around the world, of all types and prices, and this is the worst hotel I have stayed at in a very long time. The best part of our stay was the lounge singer, a young girl with a very pretty voice singing songs like Que Sera Sera, and Quando Quando Quando. I felt like I was in the Twilight Zone. I was SO happy to leave this hotel.

Room Tip: I imagine every room looks exactly the same.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lhippocampe

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor. I am very sorry to learn that the overall experience has not been satisfactory and the stay far below your expectations. In particular, I am sorry about the restaurant experience which does not reflect the high levels of standards we aim to deliver to our guests. Rest assured that I have shared your comments with the Executive Chef to make sure that corrective actions are taken where necessary.
Guests’ feedback is really important to us and will surely help us to improve our services in the future.
We hope we will have another opportunity to serve you better in the future.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Very handy, and and a difficult walk to the Hotel from the airport. I had to wait a long time to book in - there were not enough staff at the reception desks. I also had a longer wait to check out. The water pressure and temperature in the shower was very poor. The room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank HoracioSydney

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property on TripAdvisor.
Guests’ comments are very important to us as they will surely help us to improve our services in the future.
Looking forward to welcoming you to the Hilton Rome Airport in the near future.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

I have had several meetings at this hotel and each time I go with high hopes and leave incredibly disappointed.

- Hotel is NOT near airport. It is a 15-20 minute walk from the terminal. It is near the airport, but don't be fooled. If you have a lot of luggage, get ready for a hike.
- Staff is not friendly, which really surprises me time and again. I use the Hilton Honors line, and it is never adequately staffed.
- Rooms are so-so. Despite always saying that I am a single traveler, I keep getting two twin beds, smaller than I remember having when I was a child. They aren't comfortable.
- There are never the correct amenities, and no wash cloths - despite me asking every time prior to check in
- The fitness center is a JOKE. Cramped, broken machine, hot, and filled with tons of people at all hours (I think outside people have memberships). The staff who work there don't speak English and are also rude and unhelpful. The fitness center also only opens at 7am. I asked for it to open earlier and was told that an external vendor managed it and they couldn't help me. What kind of airport hotel has such limited hours for a fitness center?!
- Internet service is expensive and spotty at best in terms of functionality
- Windows don't open and the air is not very good; I get sick every time I stay there and end up waking up on fire
- The food is marginal. There is a breakfast, lunch and dinner buffet but quantity doesn't equal quality. More healthy options would be appreciated.

Room Tip: I'm not sure if there is such a thing... maybe be insistent you want a king bed, but don't e...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank aliavoyage11
HiltonRomeAirport, Direttore generale at Hilton Rome Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I have taken note of all your comments and sorry to learn that your experience is never totally satisfactory. Let me address your concerns one by one. The hotel is directly connected to the Airport terminals through a covered overpass featuring moving walkway. It is at walking distance (approximately 5-10 minutes, depending on the Terminal). I do apologize if the Team is not delivering the level of service you rightly expect . I will certainly review your comments with the relevant management team for their action and follow up. Next time you will be visiting us, please let me know and I will make sure that you are allocated with a king bedded room. I will also make sure that all standard amenities are available upon your arrival. Although the Fitness center is managed and run by an external vendor, we make sure that Hilton standards are maintained at all times for our guests. As to the opening hours, these will probably change in the next coming months with an earlier opening at 6:00 am. I have taken note of your request for more healthy option in the menus.
Once again, thank you for your precious feedback. Much appreciated. I really hope we will have the pleasure of serving you better in the near future.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Large Airporthotel and it was only few minutes walk away from Arrival and Departure. It was pretty expensive in comparison we got only a "middle Class" Room in a old Design (they need update, to new Hilton Standard). We had been there with some Travelfellows and they also say, that this Hotel have not the new Hilton Standard. Room was clean. Breakfast good and very good Selection hot Beverages.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank colaandbeervodka

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review! Glad to know that the overall experience has been satisfactory and look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

it was convenient, because it is directly located at the airport. but in comparison withthe price, the room are very oldfashioned and need urgent a renovation. but although at the airport, it was calm in room. breakfast was good. friendly service at checkin and checkout

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SunnyCornbread

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Rome Airport and for posting your review on TripAdvisor. Guests’ feedback is very important to us and I am happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay and the services offered.
Looking forward to welcoming you again in the near future.