Unbelievable - I just received a response from Andrea Carnevale General Manager to a Hilton online survey that is not acceptable.
I stayed at the Hilton 4/28/13. I had the same experience as Bodiplmr who posted on 4/28/13. The room was musty, dank needed a dehumidifier. It was like sleeping in New Orleans in August with no a/c - laying in a pool of sweat. However it was a nice refreshing cool day/evening outside.The laminate floor was sticky with crumbs etc. The hotel is reminiscent of an old folks home.
The gym is only open from 7am-10pm. The gen. manager's response is "Our fitness center is independently run and managed by an external company. However, operating hours are in compliance with Hilton standards."
The pool was not open. After reading posts apparently it needed cleaning. It too is external company.
Come on this is an INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT. Do a quick survey! Most airport Hiltons have 24 hr workout facilities.
Unlike others I found the signage to be adequate. Do note that there is no direct link to terminal 5.
I was willing to pay for::
1) convenience - not if you are flying out of terminal 5. I beat the Hilton shuttle that one gal was waiting for by walking to terminal 3 and taking the airport shuttle. Her anxiety, while waiting for a shuttle to catching her plane, was all over her face.
2) a heated indoor pool - seems closed much of time if you read through posts
3) a workout facility before a long flight - hope your flight is not before noon.
If you want to go to into Rome the train is right there express €14 - regional - €8.
The check in was adequate. I was warned of the automatic charging mini bar (charged every time it is opened) and asked to keep my credit card open. No need as I needed to workout and sleep.
Normally the facility is what it is and the staff is off the charts great. This hotel facility fails as does some of the staff.
I am posting because of the manager's response and to allow travelers to make their own informed decision.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Rome Airport is directly connected to Leonardo da Vinci Fiumicino Airport via a covered overpass with a moving walkway, just 7 minutes walking ditance. Stylishly appointed and modern in design, this contemporary hotel offers upscale amenities, fine dining and warm hospitality, supported by friendly and professional Hilton Team Members. 35 minutes from downtown Rome by complimentary shuttle bus 8 times a day, free wi-fi Internet access in public areas, swimming pool with Jacuzzi and Fitness Centre featuring the latest generation of cardio and strength training equipment, will help you to feel your best during the stay. 517 stylish and soundproof guest rooms including 108 Executive Rooms and 15 Suites with access to the Executive Lounge (serving complimentary breakfast and refreshments all day). On site Le Colonne Restaurant serving Buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner and Caffe Tevere Bistro with a delicious selection of pizzas, pastas, burgers and creative salads. A Kids Menu is also available, offering chicken nuggets, mini burgers and ice cream. An In-Room Dining menu is located in each guest room and offers a variety of food and beverage items for you to enjoy. Hilton Rome Airport is located 8 miles from the Parco de Medici business district and 6.5 miles from Fiera di Roma Exhibition Centre. Parco Leonardo shopping mall is just one train stop from the Airport station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets and Agoda so you can book your Hilton Rome Airport Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton International Fiumicino
- Hilton Fiumicino
- Rome Hilton
- Hilton Rome Airport Hotel Fiumicino