“Average in every way”

GreenLeadersGold level
San Antonio, Texas
“Average in every way”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

This is the only hotel connected via walkway to the Fiumicino Terminals and thus the most convenient.
Access from the food court level of T3 via a long walkway. (From T1/2, follow the train station signs.) Walkway finally ends abruptly and at night will seem confusing because there is no Hilton sign - take the elevator down to the ground floor and take the covered walkway to the hotel entrance. Airport signage is pretty inefficient. Additionally at night the walkway and elevator feel lonesome and isolated.
Room: Standard Hilton room with amenities though a spartan feel. Comfortable enough bed.
Food: Buffet style breakfast with everything. Average menu and room service menu with nothing to shout about.
Staff: Very helpful and obliging staff on all levels. Hilton worldwide seem to have a knack of finding friendly people !
Transport: Runs a complimentary shuttle bus to central Rome which stops behind the Forum / Piazza Venezia area. Very convenient - every 2hrs in each direction Airport/Rome 8,10,12 etc, return 9,11,1pm etc.
Gym: Well equipped gym is available to guests but is an 'outside' facility and thus can get very busy.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
HiltonRomeAirport, Direttore generale at Hilton Rome Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing the Hilton Rome Airport and for taking the time to share your views on your experience with us. Your constructive feedback is much appreciated. I have taken note of all your comments and glad to learn that you enjoyed the convenience of our location, the friendly service of my Team, our breakfast and the courtesy shuttle to the city center. I am sorry about the poor airport signage. We are currently working alongside the airport authorities (who are in charge of airport premises) to improve the signage and make it easier for our guests to reach the hotel from the airport terminals.
We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.
Thank you for being our guest!

Andrea Carnevale

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (405)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Athens, United States
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Room standards meet the Hilton brand, so from that point of view there were no problems. Ambiance missing in the lobby, perhaps because the lobby adjoins the conference space. My biggest complaint relates to the difficulty in internet connectivity, something that we experienced throughout Italy. Even the free wi-fi in the lobby was extremely temperamental and it took me 20 minutes to get a connection.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

San Diego
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We usually stay at the Hilton on our way out of Rome, but when I arrived late in the evening, it was a welcome place to stay before heading out on my journey north. It is standard issue Hilton, with clean beds, nice shower/bath, and amenities, and the bed was comfortable, but after 14 hours in the air, it was just nice to relax here. The fact that you can walk across the bridge from the terminal is the biggest plus, no waiting for a mini-bus, just roll your luggage across the bridge and you are there.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank fooddr
HiltonRomeAirport, Direttore generale at Hilton Rome Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review and sharing your experience with other travelers. I am glad to read that your stay has been satisfactory and that you enjoyed your accommodation, the services provided and the convenience of our location.
Thank you for being our guest. Looking forward to welcoming you again very soon!

Kent, Ohio
Reviewed April 19, 2013

My husband and I stayed here after getting off our cruise for 1 night before flying home the next day. The hotel was very clean, the staff is friendly and the restaurant food was very good. The best part was the day we left we only had to walked accoss the street to the airport.

The only negative comment I have is the lack of TV channels. I know when going to Rome, watching TV should not be on the top of the "to do" list but I had a terrible head cold and spent the day at the hotel instead of sightseeing. So, watching TV was the only thing to do in the room.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review. I am very happy to read that the stay has met your expectations and you enjoyed your accommodation and the services provided.
I really hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

The hotel itself looks and feels a bit Soviet, but the room I got was large and newly refurbed. The pool area a disaster full of mildew, poorly maintained and filthy changing room and a general confused state of staff. Restaurant and lobby not much better, completely anonymous. So good place to sleep but not to spend anymore time than necessary in. Internet confusing and took long call to customer service to et going

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
HiltonRomeAirport, Direttore generale at Hilton Rome Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. I have carefully reviewed all your comments and I do apologize for the unsatisfactory conditions of the pool. I will certainly share what you reported with the management of the Fitness Center (independently run and managed by a third company) to make sure that the highest standards of quality and service are kept at all times for our guests.
I really hope we will have another opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Our stay at this hotel was very pleasant. The staff was extremely friendly and accomodating. The hotel room was very spacious and clean! The breakfast buffet was huge and delicious. The hotel is very convenient. A walking bridge connnects it to Terminal 3, or they offer a shuttle to Terminal 5 for International flights. They also offer a free shuttle to and from Rome (near the Colosseum). Unfortunately for us, the shuttle leaves every 2 hours, so we missed it, but were able to easily take the Leonardo Express train to Termini station that left from Terminal 3 so that we could have 1 last night in Rome. The morning of our flight, we enjoyed breakfast at the hotel and then had a very easy trip to our terminal via their shuttle. Wonderful property, very convenient, would definitely recommend for easy airport access!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lindsay D
Dear Guest,

What a pleasure to read your review! Guests’ genuine feedback is always much appreciated and I am extremely happy that the overall experience has met your expectations.
I am also glad that you enjoyed the convenience of our location, the room and our breakfast@hilton.
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvior.
We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.
Kind regards.

Boston. MA
Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

Landed late at FCO and stayed  at the airport Hilton to catch the early morning flight.  The hotel room was spacious and comfertable. I could not hear the airport. The staff was very accommodating.

As it was late I went to eat at the hotel's restaurant.   What a mistake!    I ordered the anchovies pasta with pecorino cheese and a glass of red wine.   The wine was basic Tuscany chianti, not bad, drinkable.  The pasta, won my worst pasta (ever) award.   It was an overcooked pasta with some unidentified sauce that had a very strong chili paper taste that was overwhelming and burned my tongue.   It tasted so bad it was uneatable.   I asked the waiter to taste it and he appologized perfusly, he was super embarrassed , took the dish away, and generously comp. me with another glass of wine.  I asked for a mixed salad instead .   The vegetables were fresh.

I always thought that only in the USA many overcook the pasta.   I was surpriszed that at the high end ITALIAN hotel's restaurant the chef has no clue how to prepare a simple pasta dish.   He should be fired.

On the upside, i commend the waiter for handling the tough situation very well.

Overall, I liked the hotel and I will not eat at the restaurant

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank EarlDGrt
HiltonRomeAirport, Direttore generale at Hilton Rome Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your views on your stay with us. Guests’ feedback is much appreciated and I am glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay.
Please accept my sincere apologies for the unsatisfactory experience at the Restaurant. I have shared your comments with the Executive Chef to make sure that actions are taken to avoid similar episodes in the future.
We really hope we will have another opportunity to serve you better in the future.

Andrea Carnevale

Travelers are raving about these Fiumicino hotels