“Very nice stay”

GreenLeadersGold level
Kent, Ohio
“Very nice stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

My husband and I stayed here after getting off our cruise for 1 night before flying home the next day. The hotel was very clean, the staff is friendly and the restaurant food was very good. The best part was the day we left we only had to walked accoss the street to the airport.

The only negative comment I have is the lack of TV channels. I know when going to Rome, watching TV should not be on the top of the "to do" list but I had a terrible head cold and spent the day at the hotel instead of sightseeing. So, watching TV was the only thing to do in the room.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
HiltonRomeAirport, Direttore generale at Hilton Rome Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review. I am very happy to read that the stay has met your expectations and you enjoyed your accommodation and the services provided.
I really hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Andrea Carnevale

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (391)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Stockholm, Sweden
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

The hotel itself looks and feels a bit Soviet, but the room I got was large and newly refurbed. The pool area a disaster full of mildew, poorly maintained and filthy changing room and a general confused state of staff. Restaurant and lobby not much better, completely anonymous. So good place to sleep but not to spend anymore time than necessary in. Internet confusing and took long call to customer service to et going

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
HiltonRomeAirport, Direttore generale at Hilton Rome Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. I have carefully reviewed all your comments and I do apologize for the unsatisfactory conditions of the pool. I will certainly share what you reported with the management of the Fitness Center (independently run and managed by a third company) to make sure that the highest standards of quality and service are kept at all times for our guests.
I really hope we will have another opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

Our stay at this hotel was very pleasant. The staff was extremely friendly and accomodating. The hotel room was very spacious and clean! The breakfast buffet was huge and delicious. The hotel is very convenient. A walking bridge connnects it to Terminal 3, or they offer a shuttle to Terminal 5 for International flights. They also offer a free shuttle to and from Rome (near the Colosseum). Unfortunately for us, the shuttle leaves every 2 hours, so we missed it, but were able to easily take the Leonardo Express train to Termini station that left from Terminal 3 so that we could have 1 last night in Rome. The morning of our flight, we enjoyed breakfast at the hotel and then had a very easy trip to our terminal via their shuttle. Wonderful property, very convenient, would definitely recommend for easy airport access!

1 Thank Lindsay D
Dear Guest,

What a pleasure to read your review! Guests’ genuine feedback is always much appreciated and I am extremely happy that the overall experience has met your expectations.
I am also glad that you enjoyed the convenience of our location, the room and our breakfast@hilton.
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvior.
We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Boston. MA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

Landed late at FCO and stayed  at the airport Hilton to catch the early morning flight.  The hotel room was spacious and comfertable. I could not hear the airport. The staff was very accommodating.

As it was late I went to eat at the hotel's restaurant.   What a mistake!    I ordered the anchovies pasta with pecorino cheese and a glass of red wine.   The wine was basic Tuscany chianti, not bad, drinkable.  The pasta, won my worst pasta (ever) award.   It was an overcooked pasta with some unidentified sauce that had a very strong chili paper taste that was overwhelming and burned my tongue.   It tasted so bad it was uneatable.   I asked the waiter to taste it and he appologized perfusly, he was super embarrassed , took the dish away, and generously comp. me with another glass of wine.  I asked for a mixed salad instead .   The vegetables were fresh.

I always thought that only in the USA many overcook the pasta.   I was surpriszed that at the high end ITALIAN hotel's restaurant the chef has no clue how to prepare a simple pasta dish.   He should be fired.

On the upside, i commend the waiter for handling the tough situation very well.

Overall, I liked the hotel and I will not eat at the restaurant

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank EarlDGrt
HiltonRomeAirport, Direttore generale at Hilton Rome Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your views on your stay with us. Guests’ feedback is much appreciated and I am glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay.
Please accept my sincere apologies for the unsatisfactory experience at the Restaurant. I have shared your comments with the Executive Chef to make sure that actions are taken to avoid similar episodes in the future.
We really hope we will have another opportunity to serve you better in the future.

Andrea Carnevale

Travelers are raving about these Fiumicino hotels

Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

The airport Hilton has one of the best breakfasts we have had in our Italy travels. The hotel is conveniently located a 15 minute walk across the skyways. The rooms are standard and computer access is limited and very costly. We booked well ahead of time and found the price reasonable for this hotel. We took advantage of upgrading to the executive floor and had access to snacks and bar service. The pool is very nice as is the gym. We also took the shuttle into downtown Rome. It leaves every two hours and the pickup in Rome is near the Piazza Venezia. A great location, close to everything. If you plan to take a taxi back to the airport, it will cost you around 45 Euros.

3 Thank CanadaHumblepie
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Rome Airport. I would also like to thank you for taking the time to post your positive review on TripAdvisor. Your feedback is really important to us.

I am glad the overall experience has been satisfactory and you enjoyed the convenience of our location, the services of our Executive Floor and Lounge as well as our shuttle service to the City Center.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Midwest
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

First, the signage from the terminal to the hotel is horrible. We arrived via cruise transfer to terminal 3 and asked 3 different people how to get to the hotel. Twice we were sent down outside the entire length of the terminal dragging our luggage. Once we were sent across the street. Finally, a taxi deliver explained how to get to the elevator to the walkway and then saw the only symbol for the hotel over the elevator. It is about a 10 minute walk through a skyway. Our room was very basic and had a rollaway bed taking up 1/3 of the room even tho we booked it for 2 people. I asked for a shuttle for the next morning and was told we had to walk(I asked in the morning and was told"of course"). Internet is only for diamond or gold customers I was told with a disapproving sniff. The major benefit of the hotel is the free shuttle to city center that drops off on the even hours and picks up on the odd. Would only stay there again for the shuttle and only if I just had one day in Rome.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cabinluvn48
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. I have carefully read your comments and I am very sorry to hear about the troubles you encountered to reach the Hotel. We are currently working alongside the airport authorities (who are in charge of airport premises) to improve the signage and make it easier for our guests to reach the hotel from the airport terminals. I am very confident that the situation will greatly improve in the coming months.
Being directly connected to the Airport Terminals, transfer is not a standard service we provide. However, we are always very happy to accommodate guests who require special assistance but the service is subject to the availability of the shuttle and/or driver and must be arranged with the Front Desk directly. However, I am glad that you appreciated the convenience our shuttle service to the City Center.
As to the internet charge, free wi-fi connection is available for all our guests in hotel public areas when using their own devices.
We really hope we will have another opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

stayed at Hilton Rome Airport night prior to 6am flight. It is connected to the airport via a walkway. Great hotel for a quick overnight stay prior to an early flight out of Fiumicino Airport. Front Desk staff was friendly offering assistance with luggage and wake up call. I only spent 5 hours there so was not able to experience much of the hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank viaggiaresempre73
HiltonRomeAirport, Direttore generale at Hilton Rome Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am glad the overall experience has been satisfactory and you enjoyed the convenience of our location, as well as the friendly service of my Team.
We look forward to welcoming you back very soon!