Checked out today from the Hilton.
First the one good point. The breakfast was first class.
Now to the negatives. I bought a business package which cost 252 Euros per night, the first room I checked into was small and the window was small and dirty, made the room seem like a prison cell! I changed room and although the room was brighter it was still very small, for 252 Euros I didn't even get a free bottle of water!
Also out of 5 nights at the hotel I was woken up 3 times with the housekeeping cleaning rooms at ridiculous hours, the first night the hoover was going at midnight in the next room, as the room has a wooden floor this was echo-ing, the worst one started at 2130 and lasted until 2300, 3 adjacent rooms being cleaned and the cleaning ladies were shouting to each other outside my room despite me having do not disturb on it.
Finally at check out, despite me having a business package including internet the cost was on my bill, surely this should be flagged up when they put my details in!
I am staying in Rome for a further 3 weeks from Monday have booked a different hotel, I won't be coming back here despite it's good location for my work project.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Rome Airport is directly connected to Leonardo da Vinci Fiumicino Airport via a covered overpass with a moving walkway, just 7 minutes walking ditance. Stylishly appointed and modern in design, this contemporary hotel offers upscale amenities, fine dining and warm hospitality, supported by friendly and professional Hilton Team Members. 35 minutes from downtown Rome by complimentary shuttle bus 8 times a day, free wi-fi Internet access in public areas, swimming pool with Jacuzzi and Fitness Centre featuring the latest generation of cardio and strength training equipment, will help you to feel your best during the stay. 517 stylish and soundproof guest rooms including 108 Executive Rooms and 15 Suites with access to the Executive Lounge (serving complimentary breakfast and refreshments all day). On site Le Colonne Restaurant serving Buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner and Caffe Tevere Bistro with a delicious selection of pizzas, pastas, burgers and creative salads. A Kids Menu is also available, offering chicken nuggets, mini burgers and ice cream. An In-Room Dining menu is located in each guest room and offers a variety of food and beverage items for you to enjoy. Hilton Rome Airport is located 8 miles from the Parco de Medici business district and 6.5 miles from Fiera di Roma Exhibition Centre. Parco Leonardo shopping mall is just one train stop from the Airport station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Priceline, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Hilton Rome Airport Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton International Fiumicino
- Hilton Fiumicino
- Rome Hilton
- Hilton Rome Airport Hotel Fiumicino