We had a morning flight home after a cruise and have stayed at many Hilton properties in the USA so we thought this place would be ideal - even though the nighty rate was quite high. Check-in worked fine and we checked our bags with the bell-hop to be picked up the next morning. We were unable to find any outlets that would work for our US-type appliances. This surprised us as we felt a large portion of the clientele would be US citizens heading home. When we asked at the front desk about an adapter, they told us they would sell us one. Even a small hotel in the port city of Civitavecchia had a US-style outlet for shavers and loaned us an adapter for my wife's curling iron.
We did not sleep well as the room was too warm even though we turned the thermostat way down. When asked at checkout how we slept, I mentioned the warm room. I received a shrug from the desk clerk.
This is one hotel I will never return to. There are other choices and I will take advantage of them in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Rome Airport is directly connected to Leonardo da Vinci Fiumicino Airport via a covered overpass with a moving walkway, just 7 minutes walking ditance. Stylishly appointed and modern in design, this contemporary hotel offers upscale amenities, fine dining and warm hospitality, supported by friendly and professional Hilton Team Members. 35 minutes from downtown Rome by complimentary shuttle bus 8 times a day, free wi-fi Internet access in public areas, swimming pool with Jacuzzi and Fitness Centre featuring the latest generation of cardio and strength training equipment, will help you to feel your best during the stay. 517 stylish and soundproof guest rooms including 108 Executive Rooms and 15 Suites with access to the Executive Lounge (serving complimentary breakfast and refreshments all day). On site Le Colonne Restaurant serving Buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner and Caffe Tevere Bistro with a delicious selection of pizzas, pastas, burgers and creative salads. A Kids Menu is also available, offering chicken nuggets, mini burgers and ice cream. An In-Room Dining menu is located in each guest room and offers a variety of food and beverage items for you to enjoy. Hilton Rome Airport is located 8 miles from the Parco de Medici business district and 6.5 miles from Fiera di Roma Exhibition Centre. Parco Leonardo shopping mall is just one train stop from the Airport station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, HotelsforEveryone, Hotel.de, HRS and Reservation Counter so you can book your Hilton Rome Airport Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton International Fiumicino
- Hilton Fiumicino
- Rome Hilton
- Hilton Rome Airport Hotel Fiumicino