Like almost everyone else, I stayed for one night after a business trip to Rome and an early flight to the US the next day.
The hotel is in a great location, which you can walk to from the airport. It is a long walk however and there is a shuttle if you need it. Some of the moving walkways (I’d estimate at least 30% were out of action, which is good for Italy!)
This hotel has a lot of aircrew, which in itself speaks volumes for the location.
Check-in was quick and efficient and my room was easy to find. The room itself was clean but not particularly modern or contemporary, atypical for Italian hotels but I guess it is up to usual US standards.
Only negatives I can think of are the price of everything, room, food, internet etc. are all at a premium price, which I guess is what you would expect given the location and lack of competitors. Restaurant for dinner and breakfast was fine, apart from a billing error that I had to fix at checkout.
One thing not related to the hotel is the new international terminal that requires you to take an internal transfer bus and also submit to extra screening. Leave extra time as it is inefficient.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Rome Airport is directly connected to Leonardo da Vinci Fiumicino Airport via a covered overpass with a moving walkway, just 7 minutes walking ditance. Stylishly appointed and modern in design, this contemporary hotel offers upscale amenities, fine dining and warm hospitality, supported by friendly and professional Hilton Team Members. 35 minutes from downtown Rome by complimentary shuttle bus 8 times a day, free wi-fi Internet access in public areas, swimming pool with Jacuzzi and Fitness Centre featuring the latest generation of cardio and strength training equipment, will help you to feel your best during the stay. 517 stylish and soundproof guest rooms including 108 Executive Rooms and 15 Suites with access to the Executive Lounge (serving complimentary breakfast and refreshments all day). On site Le Colonne Restaurant serving Buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner and Caffe Tevere Bistro with a delicious selection of pizzas, pastas, burgers and creative salads. A Kids Menu is also available, offering chicken nuggets, mini burgers and ice cream. An In-Room Dining menu is located in each guest room and offers a variety of food and beverage items for you to enjoy. Hilton Rome Airport is located 8 miles from the Parco de Medici business district and 6.5 miles from Fiera di Roma Exhibition Centre. Parco Leonardo shopping mall is just one train stop from the Airport station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hilton EMEA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Priceline, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Rome Airport Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton International Fiumicino
- Hilton Fiumicino
- Rome Hilton
- Hilton Rome Airport Hotel Fiumicino