“6 or half a dozen”

GreenLeadersGold level
Kettering, Ohio
“6 or half a dozen”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

I stayed at both the regular Hilton and the Garden Inn at the airport. Both hotels are fine. I loved the free bus into town, and the quick access to the terminal, dining, and shopping, but the Garden Inn was a lot cheaper (on this stay) and was pretty much the same room.

So, if you are going on a cruise and just need a stay - I'd save the cash and use the Garden Inn, if you are coming back from a cruise and need to spend a day before heading home, stay here and take the bus into town for free.

Read my HGI post for more detail. BOth hotels clean, quiet, great staff, good stays.

Room Tip: Uppers are always a better view as the hotel seems to be a part of the parking stucture.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
HiltonRomeAirport, Direttore generale at Hilton Rome Airport Hotel, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing our Hotels while in Rome. I am glad to read that both your stays at the Hilton Rome Airport and the Hilton Garden Inn Rome Airport have met your expectations.
Guests’ genuine feedback is much appreciated and I thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.
Looking forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (412)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Pago Pgo
Reviewed December 20, 2012

This convenient airport hotel is literally a short (coveed) walk from the airport itself...just a few minutes and no shuttle vans to deal with.
Check in is fast and the room, while sparsely furnished, is clean, spacious and efficient. The bathroom is bright, large, and clean with all the necessary amenities.
the on site restaurant is quite god, with reasonable pricing, a varied menu, and good service. but where this hotel and restaurant and hotel really shine is at the breakfast buffet! It is the most varied and complete buffer I've had at any hotel for breakfast ...and everything is delicious! Get up extra early so that you can savor all the favors at a leisurely pace. my highest endorsement!,

as an added plus , there is a FREE shuttle that takes you to Downtown Rome! available throughout the day..it makes this stay a great choice!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank J N
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your nice review on TripAdvisor. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay, the accommodation and all the services provided. In particular, it is nice to know that you particularly appreciated the convenience of our courtesy shuttle to the City center and our buffet breakfast.
Thank you for being our guest. We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I stayed here 12/3 to 12/10. The hotel is great. Though its about 35 mins from downtown/city the free shuttle bus every two hrs from the hotel to the city was absolutely awesome. That was worth the stay. The staff was professional but could but have a little more personality lol. I guess that's the Italian way (no smile and very little conversation), with the exception of one staff member. I forgot his name but the very tall, bubbly front desk agt. Omg he was the bomb and very very very helpful, smiles, cheerful the whole nine yards. He made my stay memorable and the hotel need more agts like him. The rooms were very nice and a decent size. My only two complaints are towels and Internet. Bring your own face or bath towel because they only provided huge towels for bathing which was difficult lol. Last, I'm so disappointed that they didn't offer free Internet srv at least in the lobby area. Omg that was such a drag because Internet was sooo expensive at the hotel so those of you with tablets , iPads , etc pls get that plan added b4 leaving home if you're staying here unless u want to pay 27 euros for 1 hr of Internet srv that was very very slow. Other than those two minor things I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank Stephanie M
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing the Hilton Rome Airport and for sharing your views on your experience with us.
I am glad that the overall stay has satisfactory and you appreciated the convenience of our courtesy shuttle to the city center and the service delivered by our Receptionist.
As to the Internet, I am happy to advise that, as from January 2013 free wi-fi connection will be available for all Hilton guests in the hotel public areas, lobby and restaurants.
As per Hilton standards, washcloths are available only in Executive Rooms and Suites. However, we are always happy to provide them upon requests.
I really hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Bergamo, Italy
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I was at Hilton Rome Fiumicino just one night early Dec 2012. I usually never sleep near airports because I don't like noise, but this Hilton really surprised me with large,class and silent areas and rooms. Breakfast is a paradise which needs an hour at least with such a large choice.
I paid 130 euro with breakfast, quite reasonable for Hilton quality, but I was totally astonished and disappointed when I was asked 22 euro for daily internet connection (or 12 euro for 1 hour !!!!!!!! ). That kind of service should be free today.
Some queue in the morning to chek out.
parking cost also very high

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
HiltonRomeAirport, Direttore generale at Hilton Rome Airport Hotel, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for being our guest and for taking the time to post you review on TripAdvisor. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay, the comfort or our rooms as well our Hilton breakfast.

As to the internet charge, I am glad to advise that as from 31 December 2012, free wifi connection will be available for all guests in the hotel public areas, restaurants and Executive Lounge.

We really hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again very soon.

Ojai, California
Reviewed December 11, 2012

If you arrive tired or jet-lagged after today's usual air transportation routine, simply walk from the terminal inside a covered corridor to check in at this adjoining Hilton. It couldn't be any easier -- and you get great Hilton handling that will have you relaxing and catching up while others may be searching for cabs and continuing from there to accommodations further away.

Whatever you do the following day will be much easier when you are rested.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank checkitout418
HiltonRomeAirport, Direttore generale at Hilton Rome Airport Hotel, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for being our Guest and for posting your nice review on TripAdvisor.
I am very happy to read that you found our hotel to be very convenient and the overall experience up to your expectations.
We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

New England
Reviewed December 11, 2012

This is a perfectly nice hotel, but be prepared for a long walk from the terminal - at least, it seems long when you have to drag a couple of weeks' worth of luggage! The room was nice and quiet - I didn't notice any aircraft noise. My only complaint is the breakfast, which was adequate but absurdly expensive at 25 euro pp. I guess the free shuttle to downtown offset that somewhat...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for having chosen the Hilton Rome Airport and for taking the time to share your comments on your experience with us.
Constructive feedback from guests is always much appreciated and will surely help us to improve our services in the future.
Looking forward to welcoming you again very soon.

General Manger
Florida
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We stayed at the Hilton Airport Hotel because we read that you can walk from the terminal and back without trouble to catch an early morning flight. We figured we'd save money on taxis being we had a layover in Rome our last night and had an early morning flight leaving at 6am. The walk from the terminal was not as easy as advertised, being I was with a handicapped person and an elderly person. It was quite the trek. Thankfully I spoke to a helpful person at the Information Desk about a a 3am wakeup call and they advised me the walk way from the Hilton to the Terminal was closed until 5am due to to security measures. The hotel did provide a free shuttle bus which we had to prearrange. For the super expensive room rate we paid and being it is an Airport hotel, they should have shuttles running to the airport 24/7 without reservation ans also someone to help you with your luggage when you enter the lobby. We saw porters sitting around talking to other staff and nobody lifted a finger to help. Thankfully the hotel provides a free shuttle into Rome City Center which was great. There is no affordable food to be had in any of the hotel's restaurants so we were happy to go into Rome to eat. It's a shame because they looked good but it was gouge city.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. I am sorry to learn about the difficulties you experienced in reaching the Hotel. Being directly connected to the Airport Terminals, transfer service is not a standard service provided. However, under special circumstances, i.e. elderly persons, families with children, guests with reduced mobility, my Team is always willing to arrange dedicated transfers upon request and depending on availability of the driver and/or shuttle.
I am also sorry you did not receive the necessary assistance with your luggage at check in time and I do apologize for the inconvenience this might have caused. Rest assured that I will share your comments with the Front Desk Manager to make sure that corrective actions are taken where necessary.
Once again, thank you for being our guest and for providing your valuable feedback. We really hope we will have another opportunity to serve you better in the future.