“Different hotel”

Hilton Rome Airport Hotel
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Fiumicino
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed November 5, 2012

From some of the reviews I've read here my wife and I must have stayed at a different hotel than those being reviewed.

Our room was clean, and ready for our arrival after having flown/ travelled from LA to London to Rome over a 24 hours period. The buffet was excellent as was the service. It is 5 star, no, but all in all I'd have no problem staying there again should the situation arise.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
HiltonRomeAirport, Direttore generale at Hilton Rome Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for posting your review on TripAdvisor. I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay, the accommodation, the service and our buffet.
We look forward to welcoming you again very soon.
Kind regards.

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (4,643)

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Hotel is attached to the airport, but you have to take a long, long walk to get to it. That being said, it's still very, very convenient. The rooms were nice and spacious and because we are Hilton Honors members we got free internet. The concierge floor had a very nice breakfast selection and the appetizers/drinks in the afternoon were also wonderful.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your views on your stay with us. I am very happy to read that you appreciated the convenience of our location, your accommodation and the Executive Lounge services.
Thank you for choosing the Hilton Rome Airport! We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

Great location in the terminal. Efficient, friendly staff, decent food. BUT. Expensive. We had our flight delayed for 6 hrs and I needed to go online to make other changes; 10€ please for one hour! I am truly amazed that they have the nerve to charge for WiFi. If we stayed at the Hilton Garden, cheaper rooms, free WiFi. They would not help or acccomadate our needs. In fact, they could have cared less. I paid the 10€, and I won't go back.

• Stayed: November 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for posting your review on your stay with us. I am sorry to read that , despite you enjoyed the convenience of our location and the service delivered by my Team, you were disappointed regarding the charge for internet services. I perfectly understand your concerns. At present Hilton has a corporate agreement with the Internet provider and we cannot change it locally. However, to meet our guests’ needs, Hilton is moving toward the right direction and we will be able to offer free wi fi internet access in all public areas by the end of this year. At present, this is only offered to HHonors Gold and Diamond members. Additionally, a free Internet station is available for our guests to print their boarding passes.
We really hope we will have another opportunity to serve you better and look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

This hotel does exactly what it's intended to do--that is provide a safe, convenient place for travelers. It's not a charming Italian inn, nor is it a resort hotel. Still, it's a good option if you're traveling out of FCO. The free shuttle to the center of Rome is a plus, and the pizza that's served in the bar is surprisingly good. The rooms were clean and attractive, and the staff was helpful. This is not a hotel that I would recommend for a vacation, but if you're caught between flights, this is a good choice.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

What a pleasure to read your nice review on your stay with us. I am very happy you enjoyed the accommodation and all the services provided as well as the location, our courtesy shuttle and the restaurant food.
I am also glad to know that you will recommend our property and look forward to welcoming you again very soon!

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Before booking at the Rome Airport hotel I read all the reviews here at tripadvisor. I had no choice but to book here because of the proximity to the airport--i was in Rome for two nights for a day trip to Pompeii on my way to Vienna, Austria. The reviews made me nervous and to be quite honest I was really concerned about the quality of this hotel. After spending a night here, here are my thoughts on the negative reviews...the Rome Airport Hilton is a typical Hilton found anywhere in America. it is not a fancy resort hotel...it is a standard clean American Hilton. It is not a cruise ship. They are not there to wait on you hand and foot. It is not a Four Seasons. I really have no idea what they other reviews meant by "Russian style" hotel. It was typical american. In response to some of the negative comments: the front desk staff were very nice. They let me check in at 11am. Yes, later in the day when i spoke to someone at the front desk some were a little "curt" when you spoke to them, but I think that was more a "cultural thing" than anything else. In response to the LONG walk from the terminal to the hotel...it really isn't that long of a walk...if you have a problem walking for 7 minutes then get a taxi. If you can't walk for 5 to 7 minutes then you shouldn't be visiting Europe because they are a culture who walk a lot, everywhere, even the elderly walk a lot. if you are 75 years old and you never walk anywhere, yes, it is a long walk. but there are moving walkways for the majority of it. The hallway from the terminal to the hotel is NOT dark and scary (I had to ask myself when i was walking "what is wrong with those people on trip advisor??") Rickety elevator? I hate elevators, was it rickety? No. But jeesh, put your bags in the elevator and turn around and there is a door that takes you down one level to the ground floor. Thats what i did.

Checked in, nice standard room. Shuttle was great to and from Rome. Yes, my room card did not work at one point and I had to go down and get another. I travel alot and it happens...not a big deal. The hallways are color coded, which is quite neat because when i got off the elevator I knew which way to head. I attached a picture of my emerald hallway. Yes, they charge you for wi-fi. So what? Lots of hotels do. Get over it. Either pay it or don't. If you are so addicted to your computer that you MUST use it while you are on vacation then you pay a premium. I didn't mind not using the computer. Its called VACATION.

I ate at the restaurant (I did not see a value in paying for the executive level) I got a burger at the restaurant and my travel companion got a feta salad. The angus burger was ok. It wasn't great, it wasn't bad. The feta salad was outstanding. I mean really outstanding. I wish I had taken a picture of it. I made my travel comapnion share it. (LOL) The pizza looked pretty good from what I saw when I walked by a table who had ordered it, (I didn't order the pizza because of what i read here at trip advisor, but when I saw it I had wished I had) They had a buffet for 30Euro and it looked good, but there was no way i could eat 30Euro of food, so I just ordered off the menu. Here is my summation, its a great hotel, great layover place. I think the people who are complaining about this hotel either fit into one of two scenarios: either they just got off a cruise ship that catered to their every need and everything was perfect on the ship and they get to a hotel and expect the same perfection and it is a culture shock to see a "normal" environment. OR they are pampered and expect so much more from an American hotel because they are used to the resort type hotels and think this is what they are getting at an airport hotel. If you have a princess complex (please note, I stay at four seasons and ritz carltons, check my other reviews, I like and pay for nice things too) but if you are such a princess that you expect perfection then stay at a 5 star hotel in Rome. I think this airport hotel was just fine. There were no strange smells, no bed bugs, no dark hallways. The hotel was quiet. No view...but if you expect a view at an airport hotel there is something wrong with you.

Pricing: I got the room for a "Hilton Flash Sale" rate of 153Euros a night. My original reservation that I made a month in advance was for 244 Euros a night for a king room but I kept checking the rates and a few days before i left I found the "flash sale" rate on their website. In my opinion, the room was not worth more than 250Euro a night, regardless of time of year. As i said when I started, this hotel is not a cruise ship and it is not a resort...but it is the perfect hotel if you are laying over in Rome for a night or two.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for posting your detailed and constructive feedback on TripAdvisor. I can only say that reading through your comments I was so relieved that you were not influenced by the negative reviews left by other guests and actually provided a very genuine and realistic overview of our property and the services we deliver to our guests.
Needless to say that I was very happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay, appreciated the accommodation and the levels of service and standards offered.
I really hope that your review will help other guests when choosing their hotel for a future stay.
Looking forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

This hotel was the last of five hotels that we stayed at while in Italy. The other four, most of them very small, independent hotels, all offered free wifi. We were not happy to learn that wifi at the Hilton was 12 Euros - for an hour!!!! We were not the only people unhappy with this. The hotel had three computers for guest use, but only one that had a printer attached - and the other two were not working. I was very disappointed, I expected more from a Hilton. The room was nice and clean and we were able to take the shuttle directly to our terminal, but the blatent nickel-and-dime-ing of charging so much for wifi (not to mention the prices in the hotel restaurant) were enough to make me not recommend this hotel. We should have stayed in the city, had a nice dinner at a little restaurant, and taken a taxi to the airport in the morning.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for choosing the Hilton Rome Airport and for posting your review on TripAdvisor. I have carefully reviewed all your comments and sorry to learn that, despite the accommodation met your expectations, the internet experience has left you with a negative perception of your experience with us.
I understand your concerns regarding the Internet charge. At present Hilton has a corporate agreement with the Internet provider and we cannot change it locally. However, to meet our customers' needs, Hilton is moving toward the right direction and we hope will be able to offer free Internet access to all our guests in the very near future. At present, this is only offered to HHonors Gold and Diamond members. Additionally, a free Internet station is available for our guests to print their boarding passes.
I really hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you better in the future.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

It doesn't seem fair to compare this hotel to the smaller, boutique hotels we stayed in during out time traveling around Italy. This is a good option for that night before departing, especially if you have an early flight. They have a shuttle that takes you right to your terminal. Don't expect all the personal attention you have been accustomed to at other hotels around Italy, there is a charge for wi-fi, a charge for the gym, a charge for the pool, and breakfast was not included. But, it was clean, our room was comfortable, there were some English speaking TV channels, and they had room service. I woulduse it again.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Firstly I would like to thank you for providing us with your precious feedback pertaining to your recent stay at our Hotel. I am happy that, overall, you had a pleasant experience and enjoyed the accommodation and the services provided.
We hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again very soon.

Hotel Manager