Stayed here before flying home ~ was a great idea being able to put your feet up, have a drink and know that you're only a short walk to all of the terminals at Rome International. We arrived via a morning flight and were able to check-in at 12 noon (check-in was at 3) by a very nice front desk girl who was quite chatty and friendly. We had booked a King Executive Plus room, but as our room type was unavailable, she kindly upgraded us to a suite and we had access to the Executive Lounge! Great big room, 2 bathrooms, a living area, King bed and located at the end of the hallway, so it was very quiet. Bathrobe, slippers, tea service and mini-bar completed the room, as well as a pants press (could have used that 2 weeks prior!!!). As you may have read, the hotel offers a complimentary bus shuttle to downtown Rome, it's drop off point was on Via D. Teatro Di Marcell (so you can look it up!), just outside the Palazzo Nuovo. From here, it is a 10 minute walk to the Colosseum and about a 30 minute walk to St.Peter's ~ the Pantheon was in between the drop off and St.Peter's. We didn't visit the Trevi Fountain as time wouldn't permit, but it was easily within walking distance as well. Can't complain, it was free! The shuttle leaves the hotel on the hour, every 2 hours so pick your time. After returning from seeing the sights in and around Rome, we visited the Executive Lounge, which had complimentary beer, liquor, champagne, soft drinks, water and juices. For snacks, they offered meats, cheeses, crackers, veggies, dips and some cold appetizers ~ all were very good and tasty. We did eat our dinner at the restaurant in the main lobby as it offered a very wide selection of meals. The service and meal was very good and considering the loctation of the hotel, the price was not outrageous. We did visit the gym and pool, but did not use them...both seemed relatively new and all equipment was in good shape. Our Breakfast was included in our stay, the selection was huge, cooked, cold, fruits, pastries, muffins....you name it, they had it! The only one complaint was that we didn't ever come in contact with our waiter/waitress that morning and had to flag down the hostess for a cup of coffee. Everything was very good taste-wise and it was HOT, something you don't find at a buffet! If you have to stay overnight prior to flying out to your final destination, I would recommend this hotel solely on it's location....the rooms, meals, free bus shuttle and service are all a bonus!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Rome Airport is directly connected to Leonardo da Vinci Fiumicino Airport via a covered overpass with a moving walkway, just 7 minutes walking ditance. Stylishly appointed and modern in design, this contemporary hotel offers upscale amenities, fine dining and warm hospitality, supported by friendly and professional Hilton Team Members. 35 minutes from downtown Rome by complimentary shuttle bus 8 times a day, free wi-fi Internet access in public areas, swimming pool with Jacuzzi and Fitness Centre featuring the latest generation of cardio and strength training equipment, will help you to feel your best during the stay. 517 stylish and soundproof guest rooms including 108 Executive Rooms and 15 Suites with access to the Executive Lounge (serving complimentary breakfast and refreshments all day). On site Le Colonne Restaurant serving Buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner and Caffe Tevere Bistro with a delicious selection of pizzas, pastas, burgers and creative salads. A Kids Menu is also available, offering chicken nuggets, mini burgers and ice cream. An In-Room Dining menu is located in each guest room and offers a variety of food and beverage items for you to enjoy. Hilton Rome Airport is located 8 miles from the Parco de Medici business district and 6.5 miles from Fiera di Roma Exhibition Centre. Parco Leonardo shopping mall is just one train stop from the Airport station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Priceline, HotelQuickly, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Rome Airport Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton International Fiumicino
- Hilton Fiumicino
- Rome Hilton
- Hilton Rome Airport Hotel Fiumicino