Acquamarina Bed & Breakfast
$201
$170
Hilton Garden Inn
  • Restaurant
Best Western Hotel Rome Airport(Fiumicino)(Great Value!)
$125
  • Breakfast included
$138
$110
Agoda.com
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 4, 2011

Great accommodations for our family of 5, three college age students. We had two rooms across from each other, each with their own bath, in a private hallway with no other guests. Parking and rooms are very secure, breakfast was hearty and the owners are friendly and so very helpful. I wouldn't consider staying anywhere else if I ever return to Rome!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank ChaddsFord
Reviewed May 30, 2011

My wife and I stayed at this bed and breakfast for our last two nights before departing Italy. It was exactly as advertised. The owners were both very nice, spoke English very well, and were extremely helpful. They loaned us maps, told us the easiest and least expensive way to get into Rome, and provided a nice breakfast. They even arranged for a taxi to take us to the airport, at a discount rate, and sent us off with a bag of snacks!! This B&B is located just a block from the water in Fiuminico, and you can take a short walk to the fishing port and watch the hundreds of fishing boats come in with their fresh catch. There are sandy beaches close by to swim if you like. There are several outdoor places to grab a very fresh seafood dinner or snack. If you stay there, I recommend a superb, but reasonably priced restaurant named "IL Tetto" for dinner. It is just around the corner facing the water, on Lungomare della Salute for dinner. It is a delightful surprise, with delicious food and a friendly, helpful proprietor.

Reviewed May 26, 2011

We had a one night stay at the Aquamarina but it was pleasant and relaxing. Anna was very friendly and helpful. The place is very clean and nice. 300 ft from the sea.

It was a good choice to spend the night before an early overseas flight home after a two week vacation.

Reviewed May 17, 2011

I needed somewhere to stay prior to a very early morning flight out of Fiumicino. I spent a LONG time searching for suitable accommodation and found that most were expensive and ripped you off on taxi fares to the airport. The airport is only a 10minute drive from the town but I was being quoted rates of 40 - 60 euro for the journey. Not so at Acquamarina. Anna arranged a taxi for me for 20 euro and was a friendly, helpful and charming host throughout. The room far exceeded my expectations given the very reasonable rate. It was large, spotlessly clean and well equipped with a TV and free Wi-Fi access. Other nice touches included complimentary water in the room and a packaged breakfast to take away with me since I was leaving so early. Anna was even there at 4.30am to make sure everything was OK. Not many places offer this level of service. Acquamarina is well cared for and clearly well loved. It has lovely homely touches and personality. I loved the decor. I would highly recommend it either for a stay in Fiumicino itself (which is on the beach and has a nice interesting harbour full of yachts and fishing boats/trawlers) or for a stay-over before a flight. Oh, there was also secure parking available!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed May 9, 2011

Last night in Italy and we wanted to stay close to the FCO airport. Arrived early evening and had to leave very early next morning. Anna was nice enough to pack us a breakfast to-go since it was so early. Room was clean and comfortable. Nino gave us some fun advice on our next trip back. Good value. Owners were very nice and accomodating and made our very short stay a good one!