“I wish we would´ve spend some more time here” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Del Mare

Hotel Del Mare
Ranked #13 of 23 Hotels in Fiumicino
Trondheim, Norway
“I wish we would´ve spend some more time here”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

After almost 4 days in Rome we went to Fiumicino for the last night before an early flight (06.20) The weather was great that day and when we came to the coast and the hotel, I thought "why didnt we go here this morning?"
The location almost at the beach and with a nice balcony where we could have spent the the day in stead of stressing and walking in hot Rome.
But getting to Fiumicino was bit of adventure. I dont know if we did the smartest choice,but finally we got there somewhere. The standard of the hotel was much better than in Rome, for the same price. you could see that the hotel was recently was redecorated. It was both cool and nice at the same time. Te reception was nice and booked or too-early taxi for us the next morning, and we actually got breakfast with fresh espresso-based cooffe the next morning at 5am! the receptionist appoligized that there was no fresh bread because the bakery hadn´t open yet.. :)
We didnt think we would get anything to eat at all that erarly!
The taxiride was 25 euros and took less than ten minutes I would say.
Next time, I would travel out earlier and spend more time at this hotel and the beach.

1 Thank KristinNorwegian

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Wellington, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

Good for overnight stay on the sea front prior to flying out the next day. Easy to find, modern with wifi & ample parking outside. Floor bit gritty & not clean under bed , everything else clean & good condition. Concierge recommended nearby fish restaurant using local sourced fish, enjoyed the meal. Breakfast had lots of the typical Italian sweet things to eat. We prefer savoury, so didn't suit us, even a boiled egg & toast would have been good for us. Room accessed onto a great large balcony that catches afternoon and setting sun. Great for relaxing. Area quiet this time of years. Only 10 mins drive to airport.

Room Tip: Rooms on 1st floor access onto large balcony overlooking sea, getting afternoon & setting sun.
Antioch, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Vista Del Mar on my 50th birthday. This hotel was everything I read about and more. It was conveniently located to everything. The room was gorgeous, the cookies were very delicious, and the continental breakfast was far more than what I had expected. The staff was very helpful, Juan, the Manager is the best, his team definitely knows what customer service is all about.

I'm a Travel Agent and I will definitely let all my clients who want to visit Catalina knvow that the best place to stay will be the Hotel Vista Del Mar. I cannot wait to get back to Catalina Island and make no mistake I would not stay anywhere else but Hotel Vista Del Mar. When you find perfection why try to change it.

Juan and Hotel Vista Del Mar gave me the best 50th birthday ever. Thank you.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

If you are going to stay here overnight in between flights at Fiumicino then read my review.
Hotel Del Mare does not have an airport/shuttle service so accept you will be paying 40 euros to get to and from Hotel Del Mare with taxis. Don't put yourself through the trauma of the local buses to get there.
At the airport go directly accross the road from terminal 3 to the local fiumicino taxis, do not even entertain any other taxis anywhere at the airport. The fare will be 20 euros, dont let them tell you, you tell them its 20 euros.
When you are leaving the guys at Hotel Del Mare will call you a private taxi to get back to airport, this costs 18 euros and I had a nice clean mercedes pick me up on the day.
The room I booked was 65 euros and included breakfast.
I had not planned to stay here but wound up in a situation at the airport, needed to book somewhere cheap for the night.
The rooms are fine and have all the basics. They have free WiFi. Breakfast was included and was fine. You can print boarding passes there also. The staff are nice and casual.

Unless you want to wander around the area for a restaurant, id advise you take food/drinks with you for the night even if its just food from the airport. There is very little around in the way of shops. I walked to the canal and back where there are shops and supermarkets and that is a 1 hour round trip. You just walk out the front door and head right along the beach until you come to the foot bridge, the shops are on the other side.

Feel free to email me with any questions

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Monks Eleigh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

We booked here as we were flying out early the next day and weren't sure of the area.
The hotel was hard to find but it gave us an opportunity to find our bearings.
It was a real shame as the weather was absolutely appalling - I am sure that when the sun is shining walking along the beach is brilliant. The hotel was beach front and had a lovely terrace with a jacuzzi and sun beds so had the facilities. The staff were ok, although not overly helpful at 5 in the morning, as we would have loved a coffee and the rate did include breakfast but never mind. The room was very clean, bed was comfortable and the decor very interesting, a little different and quirky. We visited a lovely seafood restaurant near the port and there was plenty on offer from pizzerias to upmarket places but unfortunately, all had the look of a british seaside town on a wet Sunday afternoon in winter. Everything looks better in the sun!

Room Tip: we were given room 20 which was a basic double but it had a door onto the terrace facing the sea
1 Thank Janette K
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

Good location. Across the street from a beach. As mentioned in other reviews, parking becomes tight after 7PM when the restaurant around the corner opens. Room was nice and comfortable. Only problem was when I stored something on top of the cabinet in the room, I was covered with a cascade of dust upon removing it. The front desk morning manager was very accommodating. He and the breakfast guy were very friendly. Would stay again especially if coming or going by air.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

Fabulous hotel, with only a few rooms so you really get the personal touch. Staff were lovely - friendly, helpful, and recognised you after only a day or two. Really clean, nicely decorated, good breakfast selection.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends