“WHAT A VIEW”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kildare
Cloncarlin House B&B
Ranked #4 of 9 Kildare B&B and Inns
Mco
“WHAT A VIEW”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

My wife and I really enjoyed our stay @ Cloncarlin House. Marie just went overboard to assure our stay was positive, and she succeeded. Our stay was even more enjoyable for me because my family roots are in County Kildare and in Monasterevin. Michael Kelly Lawler was born 11.16.1814 in Monasterevin and left for America at the age of 2 from the port in Cobh, Ireland in March 1816. Served with other Irishmen in our Civil War 1861-1865 as a Brig. General and a hero at the Battle of Vicksburg, and raised horses just as he probably would have done in Co. Kildare @ Cloncarlin.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
yuba city
Reviewed April 17, 2013

this was a wonderful place. The house and the grounds were beautiful and charming I have always loved old homes. Marie was genuine and kind and a great introduction to Irish hospitality. The absolute best things were the beds and the incredibly tasty breakfast. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
County Waterford, Ireland
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We arrived a hour late and was greeted with warmth and a smile by Marie. Our room was clean and welcoming and in keeping with an historic country house. There is nothing plastic about the extensive there or the small talk "Like have a nice Day " either but instead a genuine interest and in fact the house reflex its owner. we were sad to leave this place, but dependent to return...

Room Tip: The front facing from the bedroom you can see the horse,s
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed March 29, 2013

From the first time that I spoke to Marie on the 'phone I had a very good feeling about Cloncarlin House. While first impressions are right most times, I didn't know that old fashioned kindness and generosity sincerely provided could still be found at such a level. Having walked 52 klms in two days, it was nice to be welcomed and treated as special guests. Marie had enthusiasm and kindness for our well being that was very welcome. We just became part of the family. Marie had piping hot soup for us when we arrived, arranged our transport and provded a wonderful breakfast to set us up for another long walk on the Canal.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I have just returned from my first stay in Cloncarlin House B&B and I had an absolutely fabulous time. Was over in Monasterevin for a family party at the weekend and was not disappointed with the B&B; it lived up to everything I had heard about it and more. Marie couldn't do enough for us and it really was home from home. This will be my first port of call whenever I visit Ireland in the future, I couldn't recommend it enough.

3 Thank U A
Maidenhead, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Just come back from a couple of days in Monasterevin for a family party after staying with Marie at her gorgeous B&B again. The first time was a couple of years ago when I was there with my three daughters and their young families, this time with my sister, Nephew and 2 of my daughters for a flying visit we turned up at midday from London and Marie had a gorgeous cooked breakfast ready for us. Its a gorgeous house, set in beautiful grounds a real home from home its where we all head for when we are coming home to Kildare as soon as the party was organised we made sure we had a couple of rooms reserved as its a firm family favourite and there are quite a few in our family.

Room Tip: They all have beautiful views so you wont be disappointed.
2 Thank Catherine P
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Just got back from my 2nd visit to this B and B and i really cannot fault it at all. Marie is lovely and inviting, spacious rooms with high ceilings. Bit chilly in Ireland, however, all the beds have electric blankets which are lovely and there are heaters in all the rooms. Breakfast is gorgeous with lots of choice on offer with no scrimping. My 1st trip was with my husband and 2 children 15 & 12 they loved roaming around the grounds playing hide and seek and looking at the cows and horses. For my next trip to Monasterevin i will definitely be going back.

2 Thank 75Happy75
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kildare
Kildare House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Killenard
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,771 reviews
Killashee  - Hotel Spa Leisure
Osprey Hotel & Spa

Been to Cloncarlin House B&B? Share your experiences!