“Nasty Little Surprise”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Popped in here for a bite of lunch the other day as we were shopping and were kid free for the day. Lovely looking restaurant and staff v friendly. Service was also good.

We ordered what were foccacias with various fillings which comes with side bowl of soup. They sounded well on the menu, and at €10.50 each seemed like reasonable value. What we got were essentially toasted sandwiches and soup attempting to be posh. Don't get me wrong, the food was very very good, it just sounded more promising.

Now to the sting in the tail. I popped up to pay while the boss gathered the bags of shopping, I passed cash, and stuck the change in my pocket. I hadn't planned on giving a tip, it was only a soup and sambo after all, and I wasnt that impressed. Later the same day, I pulled the receipt out with the change..and noted that I had given a tip regardless. They had added a 6% service charge. Can't say I noticed this on the board outside, or indeed on the menu, maybe it was there but I wouldnt have been expecting it.

Unlike lunch, I spent the evening with a rather sour taste in my mouth. Rip off Ireland alive an well. I hope that it is properly distributed to the staff

2  Thank Pat1976Cork_Ireland

Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

aaaaaaaaah !!
I'm here ! In my best restaurant !
I LOVE IT
Any one likes Italian food !
COME HERE

1  Thank Abdulaziz F
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I didn't visit over Christmas because of a bad experience during the year. My friends had travelled up from Clare and we had a wonderful time buying. Delighted with our purchases and starving we went to L'Officina for lunch. Being very hungry, one friend and I ordered the pasta special. We toyed with it and ate the bits of bacon. The pasta and the sauce were the worst I ever tasted. I will never eat there again. We now go into Kildare town and eat in Harte's.

1  Thank CarmelWal
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Gorgeous salads, really good place for lunch especially when the Village is not too busy. The service here is always prompt and efficient and the food is reliably tasty.

1  Thank hilmcl
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

My Husband & I have eaten in this restaurant in the city but admittedly we preferred this location!
The staff are very efficient and friendly regardless of how busy it can be here.
We enjoyed a starter of minestrone soup with bread, followed by the Spaghetti Dish (Pancetta, Chilli, Tomatoes etc) and my husband enjoyed the Fillet of Beef with potatoes & veg (only criticism: the potatoes tasted & looked like reheated potatoes (of course). We had 2 bottles of draft Sparkling Water - new idea apparently; the waiter said it was €1 per person unlimited water! (we were charged €3 for the water at the end but my husband didn't bother to say anything, not a biggie!). We then had 2 "very good" double macchiatos with a selection of yummy biscuits! I must say It was a lovely meal and a great way to rest our weary feet!

1  Thank Blaithin