“Great food and service”

Hartes Of Kildare
Ranked #1 of 33 Restaurants in Kildare
Cuisines: Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We source our food and drinks carefully, providing high quality, fresh and sustainable products whenever possible. Our staff strive for excellence in the creation, preparation and service of our meals, for example we can recommend the perfect craft beer accompaniment for your main course or even help you choose from our extensive gin menu. It is our ambition to create a hospitality business where service, quality, value for money and consistency are always the main focus.
Melbourne
“Great food and service”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Recommened by the host of our B&B Liz Fitzpatrick. Great food and ambience in a rustic setting. I was offered very generous samples of local made beers to try and the food was a much better quality than generally found in Pub/Bar estalishments, and reasonably priced. The service was excellent and overall we thought it was great

Visited October 2013

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Co Kildare
“A mixed bag. Some great food, some poor food, expensive for what you get”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

This was my third visit to Hartes and will be my last for a while. The starters were a mixed bag, my partners scallops were very good @ €12 for three small scallops they should be. My scotch egg was overcooked and poor quality, the black pudding that came with it reminded me of cheap black pudding from a service station. Not sure how they can charge €9 for that.

In our group, those that got the fillet steak were happy, those who got the rib eye were disappointed. The rib eye was served with a strongly flavoured parmesan sauce that does not go with steak. My rib eye was quite fatty and served medium well rather than medium rare, probably because it was quite thin. One of the party sitting beside me got a massive rib eye steak cooked perfectly rare but he found it tough and hard to get through. There is no excuse for that these days as any half decent pub/restaurant is buying in well hung beef.

For desert, two of us got a creme brulee which barely had any vanilla taste and was quite cold. My partner got a cheese board which was definitely the most disappointing dish of the night. The cheeses were too young and lacking in flavour. Between three cheese lovers we only ate half of it.

The service was also a mixed bag, some of the staff couldn't do enough for you, some of the girls seemed put out if you asked them for anything.

In conclusion, you could have a great meal here if you order right. If you order wrongly, you will leave disappointed. They won't get 'Pub of the Year' in 2014 if they keep that up.

• Visited November 2013
Kildare, Ireland
“A touch of Class”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Called here recently with Friends from England, we had rang for a sitting ,and were very kindly looked after by Paul the owner.
Now where to start!, the food choice was superb and varied, something for every one , I went for the Blade of Beef, on a red cabbage base , one of the finest dishes I have ever had , my male friend had the same on my recommendation , he was delighted with his choice , the ladies had line caught bass. with roasted veg, and a huge cheese board to finish , Excellent in every way have a treat and give this establishment a try....we are lucky to have it in Kildare town.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Celticfir
Kildare, Ireland
“Good, Good,”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Visited with no reservation early on a saturday evening with a toddler. They accommodated us with no fuss and th menu was well composed and had a nhice variety of dishes. The toddler penne Bolognaise was demolished and was homemade ragu which was lovely. We had fish and steak and both were tasty and well presented. Well worth a visit.

• Visited November 2013
“Amazing”
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

The food is outstandung here. Really different too. I vannot wait to return. Oh and credit to the staff they couldnt do anymore for you :)