“Superb on every level”

Hanged Man's Pub & Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 34 Restaurants in Kildare
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Welcome to the Hanged Man’s Bar and Restaurant…we hope you visit our family run Bar, Restaurant and Venue located beside the Grand Canal. Pat meets and greets the guests, son Jeff leads the kitchen team and Gabrielle keeps us all on our toes! Our philosophy is simple…excellent fresh ingredients, where possible, sourced locally from trusted supplier partners. We treat each dish to a creative twist with no pretension. We’re lucky to have a great team who are committed to making your visit memorable.
Reviewed December 21, 2012

I have dined here a number of times as I am a local. The staff are fantastic and so friendly. I was delighted to see them introduce an early bird menu as we only used to come here on special occasions as it was a bit pricey. It would still be considered a little on the pricey side - but believe me it's worth every penny.
We had steak the last time we were there and it was cooked to perfection - as was the salmon. I love the atmosphere in the pub part - and the staff - in both the bar and restaurant are fantastic. Without a doubt one of the best local restaurants in Kildare and we will certainly be making numerous returns.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

We had been given a voucher for the Hanged Man's and came for Sunday Lunch with parents and three children 5,7 and 8 in tow. Had a few reservations having read the stories about the restaurant being child unfriendly, but were very pleasantly surprised. The owner and staff were very polite and made a real effort with the kids. Lovely table overlooking the water. Offered half portions of all mains for the children, who raved about the fish and chips. Ice cream and chocolate sauce to finish. Adults had chowder, curry rolls, braised beef and salmon en croute. All deliciously prepared and huge portions. Traditional Irish food at its best. Yes, there are signs that the rules for children are as for adults, no shouting, climbing, jumping out the windows, children welcome before 6:30 etc. Frankly I agree with most of the sentiments, even if the signs are perhaps on the wrong side of diplomacy, and the children actually appreciated and were happy to follow the code of behaviour. All three generations went away well fed and happy to recommend the Hanged Man's for Sunday lunch.

1  Thank pjkDublin
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I recently dropped in here for a spot of sunday lunch having visited a nearby well (fr.moores well, which is known for healing powers) with my sick mother ,my husband and my two children. The person who served us was so rude to us and appeared upset that we only wanted soup so proceeded to leave us waiting for twenty minutes. When we asked where our soup was we were informed that they dont sell soup on its own ! i will never go here again and i would not reccommend it for anyone How RUDE!

5  Thank Paula M
Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

Children welcome before 6:30. No high chairs, but other than that they made us feel very welcome. Offered bowl of mashed veg, icecream etc.
We were there for the early bird prices (before 6:30 at weekend and all night during the week I think) so 2 courses for €25 (it is an ala carte menu, but would cost about €35 perhaps normally).
There is a selection of about 10 starters and maybe 10 mains. There is a good selection of specials each day. We had a slow cooked braised beef and a surf and turf pasta. Both devine. The baby loved it all too...
Desserts change daily, just was too full to attempt any...
Service was quite speedy.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

We had a family celebration meal for 14 people and it was great. Fresh and easy plus great aosphere.