“Wonderful visit” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 9 Kildare B&B and Inns
Orlando, Florida
“Wonderful visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

Happened on Castleview Farm when driving through, and had such a wonderful visit. Liz and Ned are so welcoming and helpful. I loved browsing through the "information book" that Liz has compiled about the Farm and the surrounding areas. The rooms were quite large, and very comfortable and spotlessly clean. Liz fixes a wonderful breakfast and visiting with her is so relaxing. The church next door is a short walk and a wonderful place to consider humanity and its foibles. I would highly recommend this B&B

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank vshrimp

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

My boyfriend and I spent a few days at Castleview and would highly recommend it if you are in Kildare for a day or 2. You can watch the cows get milked and wake up to the calves mooing in the field :) Breakfast was always delicious and served with a smile :)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

We enjoyed our stay with Liz and Ned. It's a working farm. Our friend enjoyed watching Ned milk the cows as she had never seen that done before! They are the nicest people--so welcoming. You feel like part of the family while staying there. We stayed in the guesthouse (had 2 rooms) and it was very clean, spacious, and inviting. The bathroom was huge! Breakfast was wonderful. There's an old church next to the property that is interesting to walk to and view. I highly recommend this B&B.

Room Tip: The guest house was wonderful. It was the best nights sleep I got during our 2 week trip. The only...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Pleasanton, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

We had been traveling from San Francisco for about 28 hours when we appeared on the doorstep at Castleview Farm, slightly earlier than most B & B folks would like. We were greeted and shown our well-appointed room without hesitation. After a quick meal in town we both crashed early in the comfy bed to sleep off some of the jet-lag.

Liz made us a delightful breakfast the next morning and we were off to the Dingle Peninsula. The distance from Dublin Airport to Kildare was perfect after a long haul, and the price was reasonable. I may not make it back to the Emerald Isle again as they won't rent cars to geezers 75 or over in Ireland, but we will have fond memories of our brief stay at Castleview Farm.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Montreal, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

This review is based on a trip to Ireland from June 2nd to 19th when my wife and I stayed in 7 B&B. So there is both a comparative and an absolute dimension in these rankings. Weather was more humid and cold than normal.
Stayed there two nights. Instructions to find it were precise and B&B is sign posted. Parking was easy. Good location for Irish national Stud and Gardens
Difficult check-in. We had stated we would arrive around 5 pm; we were early (rainy weather) and no one was there at 4 pm. Fair enough so went into town to pick up tourism information and spot restaurants; we got back at 4h45 .Still no one; we waited until 5h10 then went back into town and phoned to hear they had just arrived. So checked in at 5h30. No explanation (‘we had to go out’ is not an explanation), excuses or compensation( I am an economist!) offered.
At check out, I was told the price was 70 euros per night ; did not check as trusted the landlady .But the email confirming the stay said 68.So overcharged 4 euros.
Room was large. Large bed was comfortable bathroom was large. Heating on a timer at night. Very quiet at night.
Reasonable TV selection and wifi worked fine. Breakfast was fine.
Given the check in and check out issues that we did not encounter in any other B&B in Ireland I rank it poor.
The Italian restaurant next to the tourist office and the Chinese one across from the tourist office both have respectively very good and good reasonably priced food.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank FrancoistheEconomist
SootynZazu, Owner at Castleview Farm Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Thank you so much for your feed back. Delighted that you were so pleased with our facilities. Glad to hear you had no problem finding us as our directions were precise and signage good. You found no difficulty in parking as we have ample parking facilities. As you mentioned we are well located for the National Stud and Japanese Gardens.
Unfortunately the weather in Ireland in June was wet more than usual not what you might expect and proves very fustrating for people travelling. I sincerely apologize that I was 10 mins late back from a hospital appointment as the pre-arranged arrival time was 5pm and I arrived back at around 5.10pm. Due to the inclement weather driving took a little longer than I had predicted. I must say it is unusual that I was away from the house as I am there almost all the time. I am really sorry and I do not wish at all to make any poor excuses. It would be normal for me to be on hand to greet and meet my guests on arrival.
As per prices quoted with the B and B Association and Irish Tourist Board my rates range from €30 euro to €38 euro per person per night. I obviously had quoted you by email a reduction for staying 2 nights and I made a genuine mistake of not allowing for this on departure. Please contact me and I will most definitely refund you the 4 euros.
Again thank you for your review, your feedback is most helpful. It is our priority at Castleview Farm to take good care of our guests. I am really happy you found the bedrooms and ensuite facilities spacious and warm, you found the bed comfortable and you experienced a quiet night's rest with as you say " a fine breakfast " in the morning.
Hopefully we will have the pleasure of you coming to stay with us again sometime in the future and you can be assured we will do our best as it is our policy at Castleview Farm to endeavour to make your stay 100 per cent . Thank you sincerely.
Broomfield, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012

Working Dairy Farm. Both Liz and her husband were super nice. Breakfasts were nice. There is an old relic of a church next door.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank EarlPaul
SootynZazu, Owner at Castleview Farm Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Thank you for such a complimentary appreciation of your stay at our farm. Glad you enjoyed our breakfast. Customer satisfaction is very important to me therefore I use only the best for my breakfasts like our own free range eggs from our own hens on the farm and we source our ham and sausages locally so I can guarantee the highest quality. Our traditional Irish soda bread is a great favourite and if you feel you would like to make it at home I can give you a copy of the receipe. I have a number of traditional Irish receipes in my information folder and any of my guests who would like to have a copy are very welcome to one. The Old Church ruins closeby is such a peaceful place to explore and take photographs. , A place of such tranquility to reflect and meditate. A french Journalist who stayed previously with us wrote in a travel guide about the unique and exquisitely stunning sunset. The history of the old church ruins and Lackagh Castle I have available. The list of Rectors dates back to the 1400. You may be interested to know that the Church ruins presently standing was consecrated in 1840. Again thank you so much for your lovely review and hope also that you enjoyed learning all about St Brigid , visiting St brigid's well and the various Churches. Hopefully you may come and stay with us again sometime and maybe perhaps some of your friends.
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

Had a nice stay, with Liz (the owner) being very helpful with directions to local attractions. It was quite a short visit as we were on our way back towards the fast ferry at Dun Laoghaire from the south-west of Ireland, and we wanted to visit the Irish National Stud.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kildare
Kildare House Hotel
The Heritage Killenard
#1 of 1 in Killenard
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,724 reviews
Osprey Hotel & Spa

Been to Castleview Farm Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!