We have just got back from the appartments and had a great time.
We are a family of four with two young girls and we all enjoyed it.
The appartments are family run and we found all the staff friendly throughout our stay.
We were greeted on arrival and shown to our rooms. The rooms were fine, clean and tidy and everything worked okay apart from the shower which was sometimes fine but other times a trickle - be careful with the kids in the shower the temperature did fluctuate quickly and at times got very hot.
The pool area is great and there was no need to reserve sunbeds - there was plenty for everyone. There are two pools - one larger and deeper than the other and both were very clean.Theres also a small park along with a new minature golf course which is good but typically Greek - it only has seven holes.
The bar at the side of the pool serves both breakfast ( not bad ) and hot snacks - burgers, toasties etc ( very good ). Both food and drink is reasonably priced at the bar.Avoid the spirits though at five euros a glass - you might aswell have the cocktails at six euros if you don't drink beer.
Theres an ATM around 100yards from the hotel which I used four times and was always in working order.
If you travelled into the village centre theres plenty of places to eat - our favourites were Viva and the Cockney cafe ( sounds very English and is but the people are really friendly the food is good and the portions are large ).
The beach is narrow but long with plenty of room for everyone. Sunbeds are free as long as you have a drink from the bar that they are in front of - again theres plenty of sunbeds for everyone. Look out for the Oompa Loompa bar just off the front which has burgers and hotdogs for under a Euro and beer for 1.20 Euros.
The sea is great and shelves out slowly - the only negative is that is a bit pebbly in the edge so you might need swimming shoes, espescially for the little ones.
The beach has some inflatable rides at one end and some pedal boats run by a really friendly guy from New York called Chris at the other end.
Last tip - you'll get told about a nice walk up the hill to a turtle reserve. Consider carefully before you do it - the walk is torturous in the hot weather, the path gets really muddy if theres a small amount of rain and theres not much to see when you get there. We managed it but I'd only reccommend if you're a serious walker and definitely avoid if you've got really small children.
All in all its a nice set of appartments in a nice area - you'll have a great time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In a beautiful village of Chalkidiki in Polychrono, the peninsula of Kassandra, awaits a modern complex 4-star hotel to offer a very relaxing and beautiful moments. The Hotel Royal combines natural beauty, located between green hills and close to the turquoise waters of the Gulf Toroneos, with all the amenities a traveler wishes for a memorable vacation. The complex consists of 5 buildings with 71 (23 apartments and 48 studios) fully equipped rooms and features two swimming pools with sun loungers and parasols. The hotel can accommodate travelers with disabilities, as well as all public areas are accessible. In the beautiful outdoors, you can enjoy swimming, sunbathing while reading your favorite book plus ordering drinks and snacks throughout the day from our highly organized pool bar. Every week a barbecue night takes place, with a lot of delicious food. If you wish to swim in the crystal clear turquoise sea of the region, the distance to the beach is not more than 3 minutes. If you want to stroll or shop, the village center is just 2 minutes from the hotel. The Hotel Royal is the ideal destination for family vacations and promises to provide you with everything you have in your home and ... much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Hotwire, Bookgreece.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Royal Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Apartments Royal
- The Kostas Hotel Polichrono
- Kostas Hotel Polichrono
- Royal Hotel Polichrono, Greece - Halkidiki