We stayed here in Sept 2011. It was a cheap last minute booking with Thomson. Halkidiki isn't, in my opinion, the nicest part of Greece that we have stayed in (we love Greece, its our favourite holiday destination) but this hotel was the best accomodation we've had to date because of the family who run it. They are very welcoming and helpful. One of the family escorts you to your room on arrival. The rooms are typically basic but large and clean and the bed was comfy. The pool is lovely and the bar has a good atmosphere thanks to the two sons who run it - we've never spent so much time in our own hotel bar before. We usually go out. We went to the hotel bbq and quiz, which again was something we wouldn't normally do. Polichrono is a small resort. The beach is narrow but nice and sandy and the sunbeds are free if you buy drinks from the adjacent bar. After a truly awful pizza in a beachfront restaurant on our first night, we had some very nice meals for the rest of the week in different restaurants. There are quite a few nice bars but they were practically empty which spoilt the atmosphere. There are lots of families staying in this resort and whilst there are lots of people walking up and down the promenade all evening, they don't seem to go in the bars. We had a good night in Hanioti which is a short taxi drive away. Much more lively and it has a nice square. Our favourite beach was at Kalithea. Its wider than Polichrono's beach and the sea is turquoise, shallow and warm. We hired a car and drove round the Kassandra peninsula. The Byzantine tower at Nea Fokea and Afitos village are worth seeing. Nea Skioni is a pleasant fishing village. There is a lovely beach at Chrousso. The biggest disappointment of the holiday was the Mount Athos cruise. The pirate ship we were on was great and you can get your photo taken with 'Jack Sparrow'! but you don't get very close to the monasteries. All the excellent photos you can see on Google Earth must have been taken with very good zoom lenses! The weather was awful the day we went which didn't help but the biggest disappointment was how far away from the coast we were. The monastic buildings look gorgeous, but they are too far away to appreciate them. You stop at Ouranoupoli before sailing back. Quite a pretty place with a medieval tower and a nice stretch of beach. You are on the boat for a long time for very distant views of the monasteries, and we just didn't think it was worth the money. However we had a great holiday and can't rate the Royal Kostas highly enough. A really lovely family who made our holiday really enjoyable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In a beautiful village of Chalkidiki in Polychrono, the peninsula of Kassandra, awaits a modern complex 4-star hotel to offer a very relaxing and beautiful moments. The Hotel Royal combines natural beauty, located between green hills and close to the turquoise waters of the Gulf Toroneos, with all the amenities a traveler wishes for a memorable vacation. The complex consists of 5 buildings with 71 (23 apartments and 48 studios) fully equipped rooms and features two swimming pools with sun loungers and parasols. The hotel can accommodate travelers with disabilities, as well as all public areas are accessible. In the beautiful outdoors, you can enjoy swimming, sunbathing while reading your favorite book plus ordering drinks and snacks throughout the day from our highly organized pool bar. Every week a barbecue night takes place, with a lot of delicious food. If you wish to swim in the crystal clear turquoise sea of the region, the distance to the beach is not more than 3 minutes. If you want to stroll or shop, the village center is just 2 minutes from the hotel. The Hotel Royal is the ideal destination for family vacations and promises to provide you with everything you have in your home and ... much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Priceline, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your Royal Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Apartments Royal
- The Kostas Hotel Polichrono
- Kostas Hotel Polichrono
- Royal Hotel Polichrono, Greece - Halkidiki