My cousin and I (both twenty-somethings from the US) had the pleasure of staying at the breathtaking Chateau de la Barre. Nestled in the Loire Valley, the chateau is the epitome of elegance, history, and refinement. Upon our arrival at the Le Mans train station we were greeted by Fabritze, the chauffeur, whom I highly recommend working with. We were elegantly transported across the charming french countryside to the sheep-laden pastoral lands of our new weekend home. Greeted graciously by the Count and Countess de Vanssay at the steps of their chateau, we immediately knew our experience would be unique. We stayed in the beautiful chambre aux fleurs, complete with large bathroom, adjoining room, and whimsical pink patterns throughout the decor. Marnie, the countess, plans incredible sightseeing adventures for her guests, which include: a tour through Leonardo da Vinci's home, gourmet (yet affordable) meals, visits to other chateaus, and horseback riding, if you feel so inclined! Guy, who is so kind, has incredible taste in wine and fascinating stories about his family estate. Chateau de la Barre's interior is exquisite, with museum quality paintings and furniture. The grounds surrounding the chateau are equally beautiful. One afternoon I explored the gardens and lake on the property, accompanied by Diva and Puma, Guy and Marnie's friendly dogs. While staying at Chateau de la Barre you are transported to a more refined and relaxing world. I would highly recommend using the chauffeur service and asking Marnie to plan an unforgettable itinerary for your stay. You will not be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the same family since more than 610 years,Chateau de la Barre is more than a luxury accommodation, it is an experience of the gracious hospitality of French aristocracy. All the rooms are replete with precious XVIIIth century antiques and designer fabrics. Twice a week, a prestigeous dinner is hosted in the XVIIth century dining room, on other nights, it is possible to have a romantic supper in the dining room. Rent a car at CDG airport or take the fast speed TGV train directly to Le Mans or Vendome and rent a car there. Alternatively enquire about having our chauffeur pick you up and be your guide. It is also possible to rent a convertible classic car for your stay. Your hosts, Guy and Marnie de Vanssay, will be pleased to arrange customized stays for you, including visits of top wineries of the Loire (Cabernet Franc reds and Chenin whites, such as Chinon, Bourgueil, Vouvray and Jasnieres), sightseeing from the famous Loire Valley castles to fortified manor houses, medieval towns and picturesque villages, and farmer's markets. For the activity seeking, kayaking, cycling, hiking, hot air ballooning or why not drive a race car around the mythical Le Mans track? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Agoda so you can book your Chateau de la Barre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau De La Barre Hotel Conflans-Sur-Anille
- Chateau De La Barre France/Conflans-Sur-Anille