Hotel du Centre et du Lauragais
Great 4.5/5
Peniche Kapadokya(Mas-Saintes-Puelles)
Great 4.5/5
        Very Good 4/5
        See what travelers are saying:
        FilterAll languages
        Reviewed April 1, 2014

My companion and I booked into this hotel via Trip advisor online and arrived at the hotel around 9pm. The manager gave me a key numbered 1006 and said something in french which I didnt understand. I said I didn't speak french but he didn't say anything further in english. We went upstairs and there were 6 rooms only, numbers 1 to 6. I assumed the numbers on the key meant 1st floor, room 6 so went to that room and the door opened. The next morning, my companion went downstairs and I had a shower. While I was in the shower someone came into the room, a member of staff and said something I didn't understand. When I came downstairs a short while later the Manager said I was in the wrong room, and that I should have been in room 7. He said this in perfect english. I said sorry but I didn't know that and he hadn't made that clear the night before. I showed him the key with 1006 and said that as the hotel is very small and clearly doesnt have over a thousand rooms, it appeared that the numbers meant first floor room 6. He demanded that I pay 70 euro more and I said no way, and that it was not my fault I ended up in the wrong room, and the door opened thereby assuring me I was in the right room. He started to become very aggressive, demanding I pay more money, and came out from behind the counter in a very quick and aggressive manner. I had the feeling he was used to threatening women and was trying to intimidate me. I said to him that he was being very aggressive and intimidating and he put his face up very close to mine and tried to get me to back down. I stood my ground, and walked out the door, all the while, he was shouting at me. There were lots of other guests in the restaurant area but it didn't seem to matter to him. I met my companion outside and he was very angry about it , but we decided to leave instead of doing anything. I was shaking and upset. We pulled into the local gendarmerie where I was going to make a complaint, however I was so upset and anxious that I felt I couldnt deal with trying to explain what happened as I don't speak french, and in my experience very few people in france speak english, unless it suits them to do so. We decided to just leave and get out of France, so we drove all the way to Northern Spain where we are now, and thankfully are having a much more positive experience. I hope this warns other travellers thinking of booking into this dreadful hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
        5  Thank AisnBlue
        Reviewed February 8, 2014

The food here is simply amazing ,stayed at this hotel two nights and three days and did not eat anywhere else . I,m a chef myself and from the amuse bouch to the dessert is scrumptious . This should be a number one . The staff is friendly a must visit place .

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
        Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

We stayed 1 night and for 3 star was fine. Clean and quiet. restaurant was very good. Our 3rd cassoulet of the holiday and the best. Nice family run place. Restaurant worth going to as there's mot much else to do in the town.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
        Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Driving through town we stopped here for dinner and needed a room as well.

The room is small, typical for France of course, but it's nearly impossible to find a quite side of the building. The front rooms are on the major street and the side rooms face the town center expo area where the market and other festivals are held.

We spent most of the night awake as there is no air conditioning and no fans and the room was sweltering hot, even though the high temp for the day was 30C. Worse yet, the trash pickup came around 4am and set up for the market started roughly an hour later.

Cassoulet at the restaurant was good, but not the best in town. Have to give that to Le Gazole up the road. One other thing; when we inquired about a room, the maitre'd said there was just one room left, the most expensive one of course. When we came back a few minutes later, another lady said there were 4 rooms available at much lower prices. Beware!

• Stayed: August 2013
        Reviewed July 24, 2013

The hotel itself is clean enough, in a good location and has a michelin-starred restaurant. However, the 90 euro room did not have a fan or air conditioning and it was stifling hot and hard to sleep with windows open on the street. We also were told internet would work in our room. It did not. We complained and no one could fix anything.

The worst problem though was that we were scammed when we arrived. We had just come off the canal du midi after a long cycle and were tired. My partner asked the manager for a room rate, having been told by the local tourist office that the rate was 50 to 70. The manager told him there was only one room left at 90 euros. Because we were tired, we took it. We later heard one of the staff selling a room to someone else. When my partner challenged her she said there were lots of rooms left. When he told her the manager had said otherwise there was a quick conference between the two and she was told to tell us rooms had become available through cancellations. This was terribly dishonest and unethical and unlike our other experiences in France which have been wonderful.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else
        • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple