“Very good hotel”

Dolce la Hulpe Brussels
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in La Hulpe
Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised when this hotel was booked for a work trip. Everything was very clean. Rooms were very modern & had all facilities u would expect to a high standard. Shower was excellent, beds were comfy.
The food during the conference was very good and all staff were happy to help.
Overall very impressed and would like to stay here again. Would highly recommend to others.

• Stayed: April 2013
erik j, General Manager at Dolce la Hulpe Brussels, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Dear Monkey-Bob,
Many thanks for your great comments and very positive feedback. I am glad that we have been able to "positively surprise and impress" you upon this first discovery visit to Dolce La Hulpe Brussels and I trust it will be the first of many more to come. Thank you for recommending us to other future and potential visitors, we really appreciate it.
Generla Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,427)

Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Good quality business hotel. Located in a remote and quiet setting. Room clean and comfortable and food etc was good.

If you need to be in this area and not the city - this is a great choice hotel.

This is a conference hotel - so if you are travelling alone - as I was - you may be outnumbered significantly by conference delegates. This wasn't a problem for me.

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear Andrew T,
Thank you very much for your positive feedback and kind compliments. I am thrilled that you have been able to enjoy our facilities, service, infrastructure and indeed our unique settings in the peace and quiet of our own 72ha parc with the Sonian Forest yet only a mere 12km away from Brussels' city center.
My team and I look forward welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

If you get special deal,like we did on booking.com,worth it. Food in restaurants expensive,but bar food great and much more reasonable.Pool,sauna and steam room nice.Spa very expensive for massage.Some hallway noise with noisy doors shutting. Great shower,best rain shower in hotel ever!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Europedreaming,
Thank you very much for your positve and constructive feedback. In spite of your comments about certian perceptions of our food & beverage facilities, I am glad that you ahve been able to enjoy your overall stay and that you have rated us very positive. Our rain showers are indeed a true pleasure to indulge, whilst they also still comply with the strict controls and limited water out-flow guidelines inorder to remain within our environmental policy in-line with our Green Key certification.
We hoep to welcome you back agian very soon.
Genreal Manager

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Nice setting in the middle of a huge park (and a chateau nearby). Perfect for meetings, good support for conferences. Rooms are large and clean. Very quiet as it is in the middle of a forest. Good spa and fitness facilities.
Restaurants are fine, but expensive and obviously benefitting from the isolated location not leaving a lot of choice. The bars are ridiculously overpriced and service is yet to be discovered by the hotel - very unfriendly and slow.
Check-out took more than half an hour (only two ladies slowly working on a queue of 20 people), no late check-out available after 10am.

Overall mixed feelings - this could be a great place, but probably needs a change of management to take into account the needs of their clients.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet and spacious (at least the ones I had a chance to see). You might want to ask fo...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
erik j, Front Office Manager at Dolce la Hulpe Brussels, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Dear Toil,
Thank you for your feedback related to your recent stay at Dolce La Hulpe Brussels. Although I can see that your experience has met with mixed emotions and has not always met your expectations or has encountered below-par perceptions, I still wish to thank you for your candid comments. I apologize in case we fell short in our usual high standards of service and guest relations and have addressed your feedback with my department heads for them to further review and improve upon through ongoing staff training.
I hope you will give us another chance and look forward welcoming you back again in the near future.
Generla Manager

Reviewed April 10, 2013

The hotel has remained as perfect as during my last visits. It even improved with a new restaurant, which I will have to discover at my next stay. The location is perfect if you have to visit friends or associates in Brussels...or Paris, as I did, using the train connexion from the local station. People continue to be as serviceable as before, and often smiling. It is the perfect place to combine work and pleasure, as the WIFI service is flawless. We will be back there soon.....

Room Tip: Take a conference room and enjoy the immense space available.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear JAXINMEXICO,
Thank you so much for your most complimentary comments further to your recent stay at Dolce La Hulpe Brussels and I am thrilled to read that you consider us your "favourite place near Brussels". We are indeed the perfect place for many activities such as walking, biking, tennis, cultural visits as well as our own Spa Cinq Mondes and our variety of restaurants within the hotel.
we very much look forward welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

We came across this hotel last summer (June 2012) and stayed again over Easter this year. For us (2 adults 2 young children) it has everything for a good break, a superb room and access to a wonderful pool and spa area and lovely walks in the surrounding woodland. My kids were so excited to see deer roaming the woods. The breakfast and food in general is of good quality.
The negatives for the hotel are that we find the food in the hotel restaurants to be on the expensive side, but I suppose Brussels is generally expensive.
Another thing that I think would be good is if they built a wooden play area/tree house etc for younger children in the woods, as the hotel often has offers for families – I think this would be an additional attraction and not cost much money to install.

Either way we’ll be staying again next year!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
erik j, General Manager at Dolce la Hulpe Brussels, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Dear Slee10,
Many thanks for your comments and feedback. I am thrilled to read that you and your family have become regular visitors to Dolce La Hulpe Brussels and that you are enjoying the facilities, surroundings and infrastructure. We are, as a matter of fact, in the process to create an outdoors activity area but considering the unique and splendid forest we are in, it takes a bit of time to obtain the required approvals and permitts, but if all goes well it should be in place before the summer season so it can be fully enjoyed. During your next visit you may also wish to consider our own rental bikes for a tour in the forest and even cycling to the La Hulpe Castle.
we look forward welcoming you back agian very soon.
Best regards,

Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for about 20 days for a business trip and absolutely had a comfortable stay. The rooms are well maintained and service was excellent. Staff are helpful and do their best to help you. There is a spa inside which is also Relaxing.The staff take care of your taxi requests very well. A taxi ride to Brussels midi would cost around 50 euros so this hotel is ideal for business travelers or ppl with their own cars.
The ony drawback I found was the dining options. In a long stay like mine I found it too monotonous. It would have been better if they kept changing their menu. Being a vegetarian I had very little options.

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear As02,
Many thanks for your feedback and constructive comments. I am very happy that overall you enjoyed your extended stay with us and were pleased by our facilities, infrastructure and services provided by my entire team. When next visiting us, please ask one of our restaurant mananagers to check with our kitchen chef and he will be delighted to prepare you a special vegeterian dish and thus also assist you with a larger variety and avoid repetiveness during a longer stay such as yours.
We look forward welcoming you back again very soon.
General Manager.

#72 of 199 in Brussels
Manos Premier Hotel
Manos Premier Hotel
#11 of 22 in Saint-Gilles

Been to Dolce la Hulpe Brussels? Share your experiences!