“A magnificant park for a picnic”

Chateau de la Hulpe
Ranked #2 of 4 things to do in La Hulpe
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Tjhis is a magnificent park for a walk or for a picnic. It is well laid out with all sorts of trails and paths to follow and picnic tables and benches scattered throughout. Even on a very busy day it is still possible to find your own bit of isolation.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Ok, it was supposed to be the most beautiful day of my life...and it truly was! My husband organised our wedding within 6 weeks and my surprise was total when we entered the park. The snow, the blue sky, and this castle made our day and the event a memorableone for all our guests. The support and help received during the preparation (from what my husband said) were outstanding to realise a dream! I warmly recommend to organise events at Le Chateau La Hulpe if anyone wants to leave a great feeling with a beautiful place. Ok... you might not have the snow and the sun but still...

Reviewed December 5, 2012

I visit this beautiful place at least once a month. The grounds are lovely, the large pond is always alive with water fowl, and the flowers and trees always provide the back drop to the most wonderful photographs. It has some lovely walks, but if you just want to sit on a sunny day and watch the ducks, it is my idea of perfection!

1  Thank Wshiresd
Reviewed October 17, 2012

... to spend the day with family and friends. You have lots of areas to walk around and do picnics. Perfect for kids to bring toys and bikes. The Chateau is usually close unless there's a special event and then you can visit it. I've seen it inside before and it's very nice, nothing spectacular though. Also, there's a very nice small restaurant available.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

The only disappointing part of this park is the fact that you cannot enter the chateau, only with special events or if you rent the place. Still the view is wonderful, the park and the garden are lovely, just go for a long stroll, have a picnic near the lake, go for coffee or beer at the farm on the premises, have an ice-cream at the entrance of the park, admire some of the artworks in the park, relax... it's a nice getaway!