“been going there for years!!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nosara
Gilded Iguana Hotel
Ranked #17 of 22 Hotels in Nosara
Reviewed August 12, 2011

we absolutely love this place- so laid back, lots of friendly people, the local flavor, a stroll to the best beach, wonderful food, economical family vacation- something for everyone in the family. We just love to keep going back! It is a perfect place for getting together for a restful and fun vacation with family or friends.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed July 25, 2011

We are lucky enough to have our own property in Nosara and regularly have dinner and drinks at the Gilded Iguana. I don't think we have ever been disappointed at the quality the meals, service and general ambience of the restaurant. Matt and Jo run a tight ship which filters through to all their staff. The specials are always fantastic especially the fresh bass. My particular favourite is the schnitzel - most welcome after a long day in the surf.

Room Tip: Book early
1  Thank Charlesstclair
Reviewed July 17, 2011

Amazing value and great service/food. A must while in Nosara and playa Guiones. It is located close to beach and has a great pool w bar. Very private and secure. Great live music Tues and Fri nights. I can't say enought great things about the management and staff. The food is local and healthy.

Reviewed July 6, 2011

We stayed here for a week and are so happy with our choice! The people were great, our room was comfortable (we had a room with A/C) and the food was really good! Everything was really laid back and we got to meet some nice people from all over the world and some nice locals. We'll be back next time we're in Nosara!

Room Tip: Rooms with A/C are really nice for those humid days!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 13, 2011

we had a wonderful trip , horse back riding ,surfing and ziplining is a must !!!! nice and friendly staff..rooms bare ..air conditioned rooms depressing with the overhead hanging lightbulb and dim lighting .. good place for bunch of surfers ... cool relaxed town ...management was friendly enough but needs improvement never introduced themselves or inquired about our stay

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 1, 2011

My bff and I planned a trip to Costa Rica looking for an adventure, and boy did we find it. We chose The Gilded Iguana in Playa Guiones based on a recommendation from a friend, and we could not be more pleased! It has everything you need to make you feel at home and at ease. There is a restaurant on site (with the best food in town), a pool, two bars, and a surf school in the backyard. And as if that weren't good enough, the managers and employees are absolutely fantastic. If you need a cab or want to make a reservation they are more than willing to help you out.

Because this region is well preserved (preventing development right on the shore) the hotel is set further back into the jungle, as is most of the other hotels and condos. I thought this would be a set-back at first, but quickly realized this is really what gives Playa Guiones, and The Gilded Iguana, it's charm. It is literally in the jungle, and a 2 minute walk to the beach. The landscaping is gorgeous and you are bound to see some interesting wildlife (like howler monkeys or neon orange squirrels) at some point during your stay. The Gilded Iguana is the best location if you ask me because it's in a quieter part of Playa Guiones with a short walk to a little market, an internet/phone business, and other restaurants and shops.

We stayed in one of the rooms with AC and it was large and cozy. The shower was my favorite part because it was spacious enough that you can just step in and remove your sand-filled swim suit and surf gear to rinse off without having to worry about getting sand all over the floor. The beds are comfortable and there is even a fridge which I did not expect but was a HUGE plus. The maids are absolutely wonderful. They are always smiling and friendly. They even organized my shoes one day! LOL! I wished I could speak better Spanish so I could talk to them more.

The pool was another one of my favorite parts. I didn't expect to use the pool as much as I did, but it made for a nice, calm relaxation spot after a day at the beach. It's right between the restaurant and the round table bar, so it was always a hoppin' place. A lot of local residents and guests use the pool so it's a great place to socialize and meet people.

I left The Gilded Iguana not only with tons of great memories, but a handful of new friends, and I can't wait to return!

Room Tip: Request an AC room - it's worth the extra $!
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 27, 2011

I wanted to go away by myself for a few days of reflection. What a perfect place. I had a huge wooden room with two walls of open shutters. I awoke every morning to the wide view of the jungle. Almost felt as if I was outside. Super clean with lots of towels. They also put tea lights in there so the place was magical at night. Nice touch! The restaurant is good, and the service is excellent. The place has a great vibe -- very friendly with lots of travelers. Perfect for a solo get-away, but you don't feel isolated. Good surf school on premises. These folks have their act together. Oh, and Ice water available at all times.