Living Hotel
The Sunset Shack(Nosara)(Great Value!)
$130
$126
$250
Green Sanctuary Hotel(Nosara)(Great Value!)
$74
KayaSol Surf Hotel(Nosara)(Great Value!)
$139
$119
Jungles Edge(Nosara)(Great Value!)
$86
$130
The Gilded Iguana Surf Hotel(Nosara)(Great Value!)
$170
$153
Priceline
$400
Boutique Hotel Lagarta Lodge(Nosara)
$284
Nosara B&B Retreat(Nosara)(Great Value!)
All reviewsplaya guionesfree tea and coffeeprivacy curtainsnatural vegetationhotel is centrally locatedbuilding workpeaceful place to stayvegan restaurantcosta ricabed was super comfyplace to sleepamazing smoothieswould definitely stay here againintimate hoteldecent sizequiet at nightmin walk to the beach
Reviewed May 25, 2015

I was chatting with an American couple from Colorado about how much I like The Living Hotel. He said, "It's a really good place to rest." That's true. It is.

If I could live at the Living Hotel, I would. The room was clean and comfortable. The pool is a joy. The staff were all friendly and very helpful. Michelle is the bomb (so is the breakfast lady).

The food at the cafe is great although the service was disorganized.

And if you have any doubt, Nosara and especially Playa Guiones is a must-visit town with a great beach, a very laid-back culture, and good people.

• Stayed: May 2015, traveled as a couple
LivingBoutiqueHotel, Owner at Living Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2015

Hi Rob R,

Awwww, thank you so much for your kind words. Yes, we love E (breakfast lady, I am not allowed to write names on Tripadvisor) as well. Her smile in the morning is always something to look forward to.

Nosara is really a special little pocket, I´m glad you got to enjoy it.

It was a pleasure to meet you and thank you again for your review.

Reviewed May 24, 2015

We loved our stay at the Living Hotel. Michelle and all of the staff were such a delight and made us feel so at home. It was lovely chatting and getting tips and they were so accommodating of all of our requests.

The salt water pool is stunning and a great place to chill out in the afternoon sun. The location is also convenient only 5 minutes to the beach.

The rooms are simple and clean. Considering all the yoga, hiking, surfing, walks etc. on offer we didn't spend much time there but it was comfortable with good showers.

Our favourite part was definitely the food at The Living Cafe - it is out of this world. Everything was super fresh, healthy and delicious. Plus the breakfasts at hotel are fresh and good too.

The Internet could have been faster...but I think that's Costa Rica in general.

Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed: May 2015, traveled as a couple
LivingBoutiqueHotel, Owner at Living Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2015

Hi TJMLondon,

Thank you, a little haven is exactly what we are going for. I´m glad we were able to help you get the most out of your time here. Nosara has a lot to offer, it´s always fun to share it with guests.

I have to agree with you, albeit a bit subjective, I think we have one of the most unique menus in town. And, our kitchen staff put tons of love into everything.

I feel you on the internet, jungle tech can be so wonky. On the flipside however, it forces us to go enjoy some time away from the tech...whether we like it or not.

Please take care and thank you again for your kind words.

Reviewed May 14, 2015

The smoothies and lunch here were the perfect way to relax after a full morning of surfing and walking in the hot sun. We had the Green slush and Uplift smoothies to cool off. And for lunch I had the "Easy Way Out" and my boyfriend had "Dassit". All I can say is.. AMAZING! I highly recommend giving it a try. Not sure how it compares to other places that serve smoothies (as there are quite a few) but these were so satisfying that we didn't really need to try any other place. Plus the Easy Way Out sushi sandwich was the delightful!

• Stayed: May 2015, traveled as a couple
LivingBoutiqueHotel, Owner at Living Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2015

Hi Dave,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I´m glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We do have an adults only policy here at Living Hotel; 16 and over.

I agree, Nosara can be a bit spread out. I hope you grabbed a bike to tool around on. We have them available for guests free of charge. An atv is my favorite for some fun exploring though.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience.

Take care,

Reviewed May 10, 2015

Really enjoyed my stay here, the AC was strong, the grounds were very well kept, and the smoothies at the bar were tasty. The crowd here is probably in the late 20s/early 30s type, didn't see any young kids here. The beach to surf is about a ten minute walk away, so not too bad, though the main stretch of town is probably twenty minutes away so a bike or atv would be helpful.

• Stayed: December 2014, traveled as a couple

Hi Dave,

Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience.

Take care,

Reviewed May 6, 2015 via mobile

Nice outside set-up with the pool and the couch. The room and bathroom are relatively basics but comfortable. Included breakfast with fresh fruits every morning. Great yoga class every day at the top of the rancho. But the best thing in this place is the Living Cafe with many Gluten Free options and big fresh smoothies!

Stayed: May 2015, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nadia_et_guillaume
LivingBoutiqueHotel, Owner at Living Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2015

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review.

We are very proud of our cafe menu and staff. It´s taken a season but I think we have found a great mix of people and food.

I´m glad you enjoyed your stay.

Please take care.