“Very nice. Good value”

Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Nosara
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Very nice. Good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

Would definitely recommend. Clean, modern, very pleasant hotel located in prime area of Nosara within short walking distance of beach and many restaurants/shops. Friendly staff. Nice pool and grounds. Yoga classes daily. Very good value. Excellent organic cafe on premises. Only cons are rooms are quite small and free breakfast was just fruit and toast with jam.

1 Thank Steve C

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
New Hartford, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014

I would like to offer a correction or bring a new light to a recent review of the Living Hotel Cafe. I have been to the Cafe many times and plan to continue. It has always been a remarkable and positive experience for me to have interactions and stimulating conversations across the tables with various visitors and locals from Nosara. However, I was surprised and actually alarmed by the scathing direct attack to one of the waitresses in a recent review; the same waitress who served me various times and offered helpful solutions to my numerous questions. My bigger concern is when people use the internet and review forums to anonymously attack others without awareness of the consequences of their actions or responsibility for the facts.

Room Tip: I would stay in any room.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank ZoestaAlexandria
Parrish, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

We traveled to Nosara mid-June. It was our first visit to Costa Rica and only had you tube videos of the drive and trip advisor reviews to give us any expectations. It beat them all. Michelle is such a lovely person. She will make you feel very welcome, like you've known her forever ( even if you're only there two says!). The other young lady at the front is equally as lovely and helpful. The rooms are very clean and well thought out. The pool and grounds are exceptionally well maintained and the staff is always vid anime, sweeping, pruning, etc. The morning breakfast is included and consists of fresh fruit, breads, jams, fruit juices and excellent coffee. The location is great. Walking distance to the beach, the mini mart, and some great restaurants. I felt very safe and at ease here. I would definitely recommend and would return!

Room Tip: We are early risers so not many things bother us. If you like to sleep in, ask for a room in the bac...
2 Thank Rennie F
SF Bay
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

Amenities are compactly laid out, from its pool, rooms, main lounge areas decorated with lovely landscaping. Good location and easy access to off grounds restaurants, the nicer-end beach, and a mini convenience store. I said mostly relaxing because the noisy commotion due to location of our room, room #7. It was next to the Living Cafe with it's noisy blenders & juicers, whipping up breakfast drinks. This room is also adjacent the next door property with its super loud drunken revelers late at night and then loudly waxing their surfboards first thing in the morning. This is in addition to the sounds of howler monkeys at night. Hearing the monkeys was a little unnerving at first because they sounded like lions but I came to enjoy the howler monkey sounds after that first night. It allowed me to feel a little closer with nature. :-) Unfortunately we could not get used to the loud drunken neighbors late at night then the blender sounds & board waxing first thing in the morning.

Nice touches with the outdoor shower and great working AC in the room. Thank you!

Oh and um... avoid the bad bug bites! Even on the beach! :-(

Room Tip: I recommend staying at rooms opposite facing room 7 or 8. Unfortunately I don't know those room...
1 Thank amtaag
West Kingston, Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

My husband and I traveled to Nosara for the first time back in April and found the Living Hotel through TripAdvisor. We would highly recommend the hotel to singles, couples and families. The property is beautiful and impeccably maintained. Our room was of a suitable size and was very clean and comfortable. We really enjoyed the location because you could walk to everything. The beach was less than 10 minutes to walk to and some restaurants were just down the street. Other restaurants and shops were within a 15 minute walk. We rented bikes for a day from the Living Hotel, but decided we preferred navigating the area on foot. Michelle was a great host and shared her favorite restaurants and activities that we may have otherwise missed. Some of the highlights of the trip came from her suggestions. The hotel offers a nice breakfast to start your day, yoga classes, spa services and so much more. It really is a great place to spend your vacation and I would have no reservations about recommending it to all of my family and friends.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

I was here for a yoga retreat which was blissful. Unfortunately I became ill while I was there. The good news is that the employees made sure I was well hydrated and cooked special meals for me. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed January 2014
New York, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

Outstanding stay at the Living Hotel. What a gem!! Gorgeous grounds with a lovely pool. Enclosed off street guest parking. Hotel is centrally located - you can walk to beach and nearby restaurants. On site yoga classes are held in loft area. Had a great massage in the hotel spa. Each room has a porch with comfy bean bag chairs and hammocks. Rooms are tidy. Hotel staff was so helpful - arranging activities and recommending restaurants. On site restaurant serves healthy breakfast/lunch/smoothies. Hotel also offers continental breakfast included in the room rate. Hotel is quiet at night - no party here. Exactly what I was looking for. I stayed a week - wish it was longer. I returned completely rejuvinated after visiting this Shangri La in Costa Rica. Can't wait to return.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo