“Peaceful getaway spot near beautiful beaches”
Review of Living Hotel

Living Hotel
Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Nosara
Reviewed December 29, 2013

This hotel is very new—the rooms are nicely furnished and clean, and the grounds are pretty. A simple breakfast is included in the price, and there's a small restaurant on site that serves breakfast and lunch—including a lot of gluten-free options. I had some difficulty with my reservation, but the staff was friendly and helpful. Overall, the hotel is really quiet and peaceful, in part because the restaurant isn't open for dinner, but also because the guests (at least when I was there) tend to stay to themselves. If you're looking for something nicer than a typical lodge, but you can't afford a luxury resort, this is the place for you.

Playa Guiones–the long surfer beach—is just a short walk away, and since I don't surf, I followed that beach a mile or so before taking a side path to Playa Pelada, which is better for swimming and which has some shade provided by trees. I highly recommend the kayak trip through the mangrove forest with a guide from Georgia named D.K.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Strayunderdog

Reviewed December 16, 2013

A cute, clean and thoughtful hotel. The staff nice and helpful. Thank you Crystal. The swimming pool is great to chill by and to cool off. Close to the market and some restaurants. Nice short walk to the beach. The beds are not so comfortable but clean and practical. A very nice breakfast of fruits and toast. I had a massage that was AWESOME!!! A charming place to be in...

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank AliyEylon
Reviewed December 12, 2013

We were between Living Hotel and another location and picked it because of it's very clean yet lush look and are so glad we did. From the moment we arrived, we felt welcomed and relaxed. Both Michelle and Chrystall made every effort to make sure we had a wonderful time by suggesting things to do, arranging surfing with Kim at Nosara Surf (awesome!) and honestly I just looked forward to saying hello to these witty and sweet gals! The included breakfast was perfect and we supplemented with things from the mini-super across the street or with amazing food and smoothies from Living Café, which opened while we were there. JP makes fantastic vegan food and we couldn't have been happier to have him right there in our backyard. The location itself is perfect--just a 5 minute walk down to the beach, across the street from the Mini-super, and 2 minutes walk from a few of the best restaurants in town. I actually LOVED that this was not on the main street of Guiones--it was quieter, friendlier and if I wanted to get to that street it was an easy walk or drive. They do have locked surfboard storage as well as secure parking with a very friendly security guard at night. The only noise is when the howler monkey start to go bananas--which is funny because they do sound like gorillas. We saw them up in the trees next to our very awesome and private hammock area. The pool is big enough to manage a few laps in as well. Living Hotel really made our vacation wonderful and for that we are grateful!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rizabiz
Reviewed December 9, 2013

If you are going to Nosaro and you don't want to spend several hundred dollars a day on a place to sleep this is your place!

Nice private rooms that are clean. Beautiful pool, private areas to rest in hammocks.

Staff is extremely helpful and pleasant. Michelle and Crystal at the front desk know the area and can give you the background on whatever your objectives are. My wife and I wanted to relax a bit see the area and enjoy some of the local cuisine. Which is what we achieved.

There is also a the Living Cafe which is run by JP the local vegetarian juice guru of Nosaro. He does an awesome job with morning smoothies. Veggie burgers for lunch and his special flax paper veggie wraps are reason enough to go back for. He made me a to go package for the plane that was the savior of my flight back to NY.

It is also well situated to the best restaurants in the area. You can walk to several of the best rated restaurants in the area and a short drive to others.

I would recommend flying into Liberia and renting a car at the airport. Get directions from Michelle at the front desk and drive to Nosaro. Takes about 2 1/2 hours or less. You need a car to get around Nosaro. Especially at night, the roads are not for walking.

Good Luck!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mgcs
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Really beautiful spot with a wonderful staff. Spent several nights at different hotels throughout Nosara, nothing compares.

Great proximity to the beach (2-5 minutes), surf rentals (across the road), food, the whole lot.

If you're looking for a nice, clean, relaxing spot in Nosara, this is by far your best bet.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank James A
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Guiones is our favorite beach in CR! My husband surfs so we go all the time! We have stayed in a lot of places and Living hotel is my all time favorite! It has everything you need! It is clean, comfortable bathroom, A/C and Wi/fi! Great location, waking distance to the beach and restaurants!
The best thing is the rate! Great value for money!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Went to the Spa for my first ever massage/body work, didn't really know what to expect but was blown away by the expertise and knowledge of the masseuse. She was able to see the alignment of my body was off due to a recent accident and worked to loosen up the areas where my body was compensating for my injury. The following day I took a restorative yoga class to aid in the healing, it was exactly what I needed not a heavy work out more relaxation and breathing exercise in the beautiful loft of the rancho by the pool. I would definitely recommend any one in the area looking for quality massage therapy or an incredible yoga experience to visit the Living Hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo