“Probably the best massage I've ever had” 5 of 5 bubbles

Tica Massage
Ranked #5 of 8 Spas & Wellness in Nosara
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Probably the best massage I've ever had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

I have been getting pretty regular massage for about 23 years now. I have even been to Tica Massage on a couple of occasions when we visited Nosara previously. The last massage I had there was probably the best massage I have ever received. Very thorough, nice and firm pressure, good pacing, everything from fingers, scalp, large muscles and small paid attention. Felt so wonderful afterwards! Standard US pricing, but worth it. I might take a half a star away since they "advertise" they take credit cards, but kind of insist on cash. I understand why they want cash, but shouldn't say they take credit cards if they don't want them. If your service is good enough, people are happy to oblige.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Marihopewell

Nosara, Costa Rica
“Great Massage”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

I just got a massage from Fanny and it was wonderful. I highly recommend Tica and her. Fanny was in training and she did an excellent.

Visited January 2014
Venice, California, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Massage Snob Super Satisfied”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

Spent 2 weeks surfing and doing yoga in Nosara. Yum.
Grabbed five 1 hour massages with Tica over the course of my stay.
Ea with a different masseuse.
All 5 were very very good.
It's a gorgeous, peaceful setting, super nice comfortable rooms with relaxing music...
Standard 'American' pricing but on the whole better than most places I check out.
The massage style had constant flow from start to finish, and per my requests got deep into some very tight, tired, sore muscles and brought them back to life for more sessions!

Visited November 2013
Texas, United States
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Deep and delightful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

I would rank this as a Nosara must! The $35 30-min Surfer Special was the best value of any of my Nosara adventures. Locally owned - Tica and with a technique that seems passed down for generations - to me is what a massage would feel like in heaven. If you don't like a deep tissue massage, go get a fluffy finger massage when you get back to the states. If you want the kinks worked out by someone who gets how to work within tight muscles and no talk or baloney - just a get to work massage - then you will love this as I did and find it to be wonderful. Back, neck, face, head. Fabulous!

Visited July 2013
Eugene, Or
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“That hurt....”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

My body and my pocketbook....$160 for the two of us for 90 minutes. The massage person (cannot call this one a therapist) basically rubbed the large muscle groups hard and fast continuously for 90 minutes. Ouch. No subtle working of tendons or small muscles, very little pressure point work, and the few of those that were had little care or focus. It was like she was on autopilot doing a rote version of a massage she had been taught. She did not speak English - so it was a bit hard to communicate what I wanted. When I grunted in pain - she giggled and just kept on going. Oh yeah - that was funny! I have had hundreds of massages of all types through my life - and this was one of the worst. Perhaps other staff members might be better - and I can't tell you the name of my provider unfortunately. My partner thought hers was OK - not great - but OK. Clearly from the other reviews some folks get good massages. Be nice to be able to know ahead of time what/who you are getting....

Visited April 2013