“Excellent instruction, sweet instructors”

Agua Tibia Surf School
Ranked #2 of 46 Tours in Nosara
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a group of local surf instructors who are offering quality experiences through surf lessons and different activities around Nosara. Our main focus is safety, nature, people and most of all FUN and SURFING! PURA VIDA!
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Agua Tibia is by far the best surf instruction my family has ever had (and we've been to three other surf schools). The Agua Tibia instructors are all sweet with children as well as excellent with adults. They are not only gifted teachers but also have impressive credentials (and speak perfect English which makes it easier when they are trying to be heard over the waves).

What I found most impressive about Agua Tibia was their individualized approach to teaching. Rather than a cookie-cutter lesson, they helped guide each participant toward improvement -- even in group lessons -- and, as a result, we saw significant progress much more quickly than we had at at other places.

Adrian and Andrew and their team are incredibly friendly and made my children feel as if they were part of the family from the first minute we walked in until the coconut water at the end of the lesson.

Agua Tibia is a special place and I highly recommend it.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

I just read some of the other 5star reviews, and yes -believe the hype!! That is one amazing,incredible school.... Just catch their vibe and have no worries, you'll learn to surf and have so much fun doing it. I'm a beginner, learned from all of them, and always felt safe with my instructor. Those guys are the real deal, have fun surfing with
them and then spread some of that pura vida around when
you get home!

Reviewed April 1, 2014

I have been not once but twice to Nosara and my main reason for going was to surf and twice i did it with the Agua tibia team. I had such a great experience learning and connecting with the local vibes...i went back and now i want to move to nosara hahaha. Twice they exceeded my expectations and took the time to really help me improve my surfing. The second time i went with my 15 yrs old son and they gave him super good teaching and plenty of good energy ...now he wants to move there too... So after being in Santa Teresa, Bali, Nicaragua for surfing experiences i can without a doubt say that Agua Tibia is the best school i came upon. I also really appreciated that they are involve in local ecology programm and teaching people about the ocean ... to connect to it:) Pura Vida!

Reviewed March 23, 2014

If you've surfed before, I've only been once, and are comfortable learning by doing then Agua is a great place. Fredo our instructor walked us to the beach, less than five minutes, and he was comfortable with us starting right away so we were in the water immediately. Fredo was in the ocean with us the entire time coaching us on ways to improve. Basically we spent the full two hours in the water.

The sand is soft and the waves aren't too strong or too tall so it's a great area to learn.

They offered us different size boards since my wife is much more experienced, a long sleeve top and a coconut drink at the end. I would recommend for anyone but even more so with some minimal experience.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

The owners Andrew and Aminah were amazing. The school is the perfect balance of professional, safety-first and surf lifestyle. It was fantastic for our 8 and 11 year olds as well as my wife and me. Andrew and Alfredo were excellent surf instructors. We love the vibe and are definitely going back.