“Great Surfing Experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Agua Tibia Surf School

Agua Tibia Surf School
Ranked #2 of 43 Tours in Nosara
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a group of local surf instructors who are offering quality experiences through surf lessons and different activities around Nosara. Our main focus is safety, nature, people and most of all FUN and SURFING! PURA VIDA!
New York City, New York
“Great Surfing Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

Nothing but great things to say about Aqua Tibia Surf School! We signed up for a class with Andrew the day we arrived and scheduled it for the next morning's low tide. My girlfriend has never surfed before and I have only done it a handful of times myself but decided to just start fresh as if it was my first time.

Andrew did a great job recognizing each person in the groups skill level and what adjustments we should make to really start riding correctly. So much so, that all 3 in the group had some pretty good rides by the end of the class!

It was such an amazing experience that we are already planning our next trip down there.

*Side note: In addition to being a great instructor, Andrew recommended a fantastic hotel for us to stay at while we were there. Yes, we booked a surf class before we booked a hotel, which should tell you where our priorities were while we were down in Nosara...haha

New York
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great surf School”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

We stayed next door to Aqua Tibia and they were so helpful to my 14 year old son. A couple of days the surf at Guiones was just to rough to really learn and they took us to another beach break and we had a great day and an adventure. The guys are thoughtful and friendly and definitely want you to enjoy and learn.

I highly recommend them.

John & Jake

Toronto, Canada
“Surfing 101”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

Surfing is a great activity in Nosara with beautiful beaches and constant and varied types of waves coming in all day long. Having never surfed in my life, this seemed the perfect time to try it! Agua Tibia Surf School is close to the beach and the instructors are very friendly! They want you to learn enough to feel safe and confident when you later go surfing on your own. We spent time on the beach learning about safety and all the things to be aware of and then practiced lying on the board and getting up over & over until we had the rythm of what we were supposed to do in the water. Our instrucor Andrew stayed with us the whole time, telling us about the waves, getting us ready and telling us when to get up to ride the waves. He was patient, relaxed and very encouraging and gave feedback on how to make small improvments on the next ride. It was really fun, a great workout and a perfect way of putting some yoga moves to practise! I am really looking forward to my next surfing experience! Bring a towel, swimsuit and cash to pay for the lesson. Your stuff will be watched at the school while you are at the beach. It is not advised to leave your things on the beach unattended while you are out enjoying the waves! You can rent boards too.

Visited April 2013
“Friendly, safety-conscious and professional surfing instruction”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

Andrew took us out for a fantastic lesson, covered safety and the basics on shore and then had us standing up within a few waves, but always at OUR pace. I never thought I would be surfing, especially in my late fifties, but thanks to Andrew and this great surf school, it happened and was a great relaxed experience.

Montreal, Canada
“Amazing Surf Lessons”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

We had an amazing time with Cristian for our first surf lesson. He was really attentive to the details and explained all the different technics.
We felt like he was teaching us how to surf with passion and we now think that we can definitely reapply all we learned.
We were beginners and at our first lesson we were able to ride some waves.
I would recommand Agua Tibia to anyone who wants to learn surfing. The team is amazing!

Visited March 2013