“A must for an authentic Costa Rican beach restaurant experience”
Review of Il Pepperone

Il Pepperone
Ranked #7 of 82 Restaurants in Nosara
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

Our previous trip to the Nosara area was 15 years ago, and this was the type of restaurant that we loved back then and still do. Great family restaurant, from the drinks, pizza to surf and turf. The service is also great.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

This is our 4th trip to Nosara and in other years, we'd not really given Il Pepperone a second glance. However on advice from friends who'd vacationed here a couple weeks before us this year, we checked it out. It is much more than pizza and the dining area is a great surprise. Service is excellent, presentation of the food is beautiful and the menu offers pizza as the name implies as well as wonderful steaks, seafood and chicken. I had the focaccia (a pizza size portion of super thin wood-fired crust with bits of garlic..yum!) and the filet with gorganzola. It was cooked perfectly and a very substantial portion. My margarita was great as well. Definitely plan to return. Great spot!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

We ate here twice in our stay in Nosara, once for pizza and once for dinner. Both meals were excellent! Pizza was cooked in a wood fired oven, had thin crust done to perfection and the toppings were generous and the cheese was delicious. The second time we had the casada plate (typical Tico with beans, rice, vegetable, salad, fried plantains and the main course). I opted for the beef and my husband had the fish. Both were great! The beef cut was a tenderloin and cooked to perfection! My husbands fish was also wonderful! I had a Mojito as a cocktail and it was excellent!
Service was friendly, place is clean but rustic with great wooden tables (cross-cuts of trees)!
Would recommend and would go there again!

Reviewed February 27, 2014

This restaurant turned out to be one of the best in Nosara. We ended up going there about 4 times. The service was excellent and the food was absolutely some of the best I've ever eaten. I caught some tuna on a fishing excursion. I asked the folks there if they would cook it for me. They gladly agreed and proceeded to prepare this fish with the skill and expertise of a fine dining establishment. Charlol was a most excellent waiter. He could easily have been in one of New Yorks premier restaurants. It's just a hop and a skip from Playa Pelada as well.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Eating in Nosara is a surprising experience for the lesser-traveled like myself. Things look very rustic, but the food and drink will surprise you. Il Pepperone was right down the street from us and the pizza was soooo sooo good. Also had a salad with the most deliciously spiced tuna I've ever eaten.. Highly recommend this place - for kids and adults.