“Best Surf Instructor in Costa Rica”

Cacho's Surf School
More attraction details
Owner description: Surfing School Surfboard/ Standup Paddle Board Rentals Boogie Board Rentals Sport Fishing Horseback Riding Waterfall / Canopy Tours Kayaking Tours
Raleigh, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Surf Instructor in Costa Rica”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I've been going to Costa Rica for several years and usually take a surf lesson or two during my visit. I was blown away by the difference with Cacho's! He (and his team) are definitely the best! His teaching methodology had me riding waves and having fun immediately. His passion for his job really comes through. Aside from the technical aspect of surfing he took the time to teach safety, surf etiquette, and other tips that I can use to develop my surfing even when I'm not in Costa Rica. Other people in the water actually shouted out to me that I was with "the best instructor in town". I'm always sad when my vacation ends in Costa Rica but this year I was extra bummed because all I wanted was just a few more lessons with Cacho!!

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Holly B

San Jose, Costa Rica
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great for kids!”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

After visiting 4 surf shops, we found Cacho's! Everything is closed around here in September so we had a really hard time finding a surf lesson for our kids. Cacho's was open for business and ready to go. Our boys are 4yrs and 7yrs and had never attempted to surf so everyone was a little nervous but our instructor, Oscar, was so disarming, patient, and encouraging, the kids were up and running on their boards in no time. A truly intuitive teacher of children, Oscar built rapport with the kids quickly. He had them braving waves they would have been reluctant to ride on their boogie boards just a week ago. Couldn't have asked for a better introduction to this elemental sport.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Heather D
Southern California
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“I can't wait to go back to Nosara and do business with "Cacho's".”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We visited Nosara with 9 people who wanted to SUP. we even had a dog with us. Andre was professional, helpful and friendly. He was very serious about providing a great experience for all of us. His business is in a good location. Boards, bikes, ATV style vehicles. He has it all. We will deff visit Cacho's upon our next visit to CR. Thank you Andre, what an experience of a lifetime.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Lovin_life_Lola
Denver, Colorado, United States
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Best part of our Nosara trip!!”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Our family has been spending each July in Nosara for the past 6 years and this year, we decided that we wanted to try Stand up paddle boarding and had the most amazing time with Cacho, who took my husband and me, and our two kids, 8 and 13 on the most incredible ride from the Nosara River Mouth over to the Black Sand Beach, where we had a chilled time, sipping water, eating watermelon (thanks for bringing it, Andrey!) and swimming for half and hour before heading back. The tour took about 2 hours and the ride through the mangroves was the coolest part of our annual trip and I highly recommend it to anyone as part of their Nosara vacation. Cacho's is locally owned and Cacho was born and raised here in Nosara, is very familiar with the area and his tours are great for all ages, from 6-99. He also rents boards, his instructors offer surf lessons and he gives other tours throughout the area. Find him on FB or call him-you will be glad you did!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Judith R
Burlingame, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Amazing Stand Up Paddle Experience, and more. This is the man!”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Was just in Costa Rica with my teenage sons and one of my boys found Andrey at Cacho´s Surf School. I have to say we felt extremely lucky, as he provided a couple of the most precious experiences of our trip. Stand up paddle was so cool. Andrey took a group of us with different levels of confidence, ages, and experience. In no time we were all happily paddling down the river through the beautiful, peaceful mangroves to a secluded beach, where the two surfers in our group, who had simply brought their surf boards on their paddle boards, took to the waves with no one else in the water. The rest of us took an exhilarating dip and we all enjoyed the fresh pineapple and watermelon that Andrey brought along. Andrey was informative, patient, kind, and fun!!

So much that we asked him to take us on and ATV tour. We rented the ATVs just steps away at Monkey Quads, and Andrey took us on a jungle adventure. We zipped across the little towns, into a remote area where we parked the quads, and took a vibrant green footpath to a gorgeous shaded steam which led to a breathtaking hidden waterfall. The kids dove off boulders into the magnificently refreshing swimming hole. A few local families were there and lots of young kids were doing it. We felt very safe and part of something really special. On our way back, we stopped for a typical Tico lunch at a great authentic place only someone from the area would know about.

Two amazing and memorable days. Andrey, thank you my friend! Pura vida!

Visited July 2013