“Finally the truth”

Ranked #19 of 23 Hotels in Nosara
Virginia Beach, VA
“Finally the truth”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2006

Finally someone wrote the truth about this hotel. I'm all about 'roughing' it, but this place was ridiculous. The review written on April 25th couldn't be anymore accurate. The place looks great from a distance, but once you get inside it is just simply dirty. Dirty sheets, dirty bathroom (with NO water pressure), mattress looked like something from a trash dump, and yes, there were spiders everywhere. I could write more, but the review I mentioned earlier says it best.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY ON THIS HOTEL!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2006
5 Thank JefffromVB

Business
  • Greek first
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2006

READ THIS AND TAKE NOTE!

I just returned from Nosara, Costa Rica recently. I checked into the Nosara Beach Hotel and for some reason they make you pay up front. I paid for 5 nights up front. Well now I know why they make you pay up front. My wife and I get to the room and everything is either broken, dirty, or doesn’t exist. Here are some examples: no towels-excuse washer is broken, no hot water-no excuse, dirty sheets-it looked like the sheets had not been washed in 4 months I guess that was due to the washer being broken, dog piles of poo everywhere. Finally, something was telling me to check under the bed. I pulled the bed back and found basically a colony of spiders living on the under side of the mattress (I took pictures and will try to upload). Literally there were female spiders with hundreds of little tine baby spiders that would have eaten me alive if I would have stayed there.

Also, there were 2 armed guards that walked or sat around the hotel at night with sawed-off shot guns. So we left immediately and to go find another hotel by this time there is no one left at the front desk to discuss our uncomfortable situation. I returned the next day to inform them that the room was disgusting and we could not sleep or stay there any longer. I offered to pay for the one night but requested 4 nights to be refunded to me. I was informed they do not provide refunds.

Nosara Beach Hotel is a scam and is also a health hazard. Do not even think about staying at this hotel unless you like the movie The Shinning.

• Stayed April 2006
12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Nosara hotels