“Relaxing escape”

GreenLeadersGold level
Huntington Beach, California
“Relaxing escape”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Harmony Hotel was amazing. On arrival, they greeted us with a cool, refreshing drink (after the long drive from Liberia airport). The rooms we're clean and comfortable! I loved having the restaurant right there, yummy and healthy food. And it is just a short walk to the beautiful beach. Can't wait to return!

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lacey L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Mont Tremblant, Canada
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Harmony Hotel in Nosara, was super comfortable and a great place to celebrate a destination wedding. My room was large, super comfortable bed, amazing shampoos, conditioners and private outdoor yard with a hammock and fabulous outdoor shower. The staff were friendly and very helpful. A variety of yoga classes were on the schedule. They were fully equipped with a vast variety of props. I received a treatment package from my kids and enjoyed being pampered. The banana wrap and reflexology were my favourites. The juice bar had fancy coffees, healthy smoothies and sprouted raw bread sandwiches as well as a variety of delicious desserts. The chocolate/ coconut milk shake that was served around the pool area was outstanding.
My recommendation would be to allow guests to attend as many free yoga classes as they like instead of offering them only 1 free pass. The rooms are costly so why not include a couple of extras.
The pool area was great and we often enjoyed seeing the monkeys up in the trees in the late afternoon. The beach was within minutes as was the shopping area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Angiyogabloom
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed December 15, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights on honeymoon. The staff were very professional at all times. The food was excellent. Our bungalow was a bit dark but that is because there are so many plants! We didnt use the decking area as would have liked a bit more privacy and there was no direct sun coming into it.

The beach is a very short walk and is gorgeous. Long, sandy, expansive. It seemed to be a great surfing spot but we are not into surfing. I did the stand up paddle through the mangroves which was brilliant, I loved it! We ended up on Nosara beach I think with no one there. We hired a car for a day and went to La Luna restaurant, you can also walk here along the beach. La Luna was excellent, a little gem at the end of a road on the beach. We arrived at 3pm and no one else was there. People arrived for the sunset from 4.30pm.

The best thing about Nosara is the sunsets! Just beautiful! The village near Harmony is small. The places there can be pricey - like the bagel place but it was very nice. There was a really nice ice cream lunch place too, called Ruth's I think?

Lots of americans are on holiday here. There were children at the hotel but that didn't bother us. The natural products in the bathroom were lovely.

We had a couples massage - so fab!! I did a yoga class, beautiful studio. Have never done yoga before but the instructor was really helpful and patient.

We enjoyed our stay.

New York City, New York
Reviewed December 12, 2013

I had a great time here. I was with a few friends and we found everything to be great. Right near the beach, great food and bar, and the accommodation was also very nice. I definitely recommend this place. Great trip.

Room Tip: If you're with friends, they have some larger rooms (like the Rancho) which can help save a lot...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
San Francisco
Reviewed December 4, 2013

First I must say that I am fortunate enough to have stayed at many of the other Cayuga resorts and my expectations were set for a bit more tranquility (I did not travel with children). The pool is almost always filled with families.

The hotel is a bit pricey based on the rooms, but the location is impossible to beat. No TV, AC works fine, and private enclosed patio with outdoor shower in each of the room and private bungalows for most rooms.The hotel has a filtration system which is a big plus, so the water is drinkable throughout the entire site

It is close to town and you can walk to almost anywhere you want to go. It is also close to the beach and they have place you can store your boards so that you only have to walk a short distance with them (really nice when your arms are tired).

The best thing about Harmony is the staff in the restaurant and breakfast comes with the room and has lots of tasty options, and is a nice way to start off the day. The juice bar is a must, fabulous concoctions of fruit juices and smoothies and light salads. They also make amazing cocktails to start off your day.

We also had a few massages and all were top notch. The spa could be enhanced so you could just chill afterwards

Room Tip: Ask to have one of the bungalows away from the pool for a little bit more peace and quiet if you lik...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Squirreletta1
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I can't say enough good things about the Harmony. I just spent seven days at the property and had a wonderful time. The location, staff and food are great. Everyone at the hotel is polite and helpful, especially one gentleman named Dennis. He was a pleasure to interact with on a daily basis, and always had something nice to say and a kind word. I hope the owners realize his value and try to keep him for a long time. This isn't the Four Seasons, but I consider that a compliment. I will certainly be back, hopefully next year.

Orange County, CA
Reviewed November 17, 2013

We had a wonderful stay here and the entire staff was incredible. I was here to celebrate my 40th birthday and I couldn't ask for a better location. I can't say enough great things about this little hotel - location to the beach is awesome, the rooms are small (cocos room) but quaint and everyone was extremely friendly and helpful. The night of my birthday, they definitely made it special for me with a decorated table of candles and flowers and a hand-signed card from the staff. The only downsides: there is only one restaurant here, the food was decent but nothing that stood out; there are no drawers in the room (a small closet with shelves) which isn't a huge deal but I like to be able to unpack my stuff into drawers; walkways go directly by the room so it didn't feel very private at times (probably should have booked a bungalow). But I would definitely come back to The Harmony again! Highly recommend!

Room Tip: The cocos rooms are nice but the bungalows are stand-alone with no attached walls to other rooms.
1 Thank SCTraveler91