“Celebration of Nosarananda Yoga Teacher Training ~ Dining and Deserts”
Review of The Harmony Hotel

The Harmony Hotel
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Nosara
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed November 6, 2012

The Harmony Hotel is the most posh and elegant resort *on* Guiones Beach, in Nosara, Costa Rica... an exquisitely divine visit awaits you! Nosara is now my home and I have been living here for the past five years. however, my family has vacationed here for many many years, we used to stay at the Villa Taipei, before it became the Harmony Hotel, and I have since spent a few nights at the Harmony, every time has been a luxuriant stay...

I enjoy visiting the Harmony for Sushi, their dinner menu and the natural fizzy drinks are top notch as well as the choices available, fresh from their gardens, oh and the Desserts - are DIVINE... As I am a regular attendee of the yoga classes at the Healing Center, I decided to bring my small group of new Yoga Teachers for our celebratory dinner, to commend their finishing of our 216 hour Hatha Yoga Certification ~ Nosarananda dot com

After a yoga class at the Harmony, it is a pleasure to hang out at the Juice Bar and have smoothie and home baked carrot cake. The Villa Taipei was purchased by the Johnson family and refined to sophisticated taste with chillaxing atmosphere, based on a true love story... lovely to read this story on their website

Restaurant is usually open until 10pm.. call ahead to confirm in low season - I often stop in just for dessert, tooooo good!!

If you are passing through Nosara, the Harmony Hotel and Resort is definitely not one to be missed!

Room Tip: the Bungalows are my first choice - with the BEST proximity to Guiones beach, outdoor showers, priva...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank SashimiD

Reviewed October 13, 2012

Just returned from my 5th visit to this charming piece of heaven in Playa Guiones. As always, the bungalow was wonderful with an updated outside shower so you can shower under the stars if you wish. The hotel is as sustainable as it can be including bamboo straws for drinks and food sourced locally including veggies, fish, and chicken. The meals are delicious and the full menu breakfast is included in the hotel rate.....you can catch coffee as early as you want, spend a few hours surfing on the beach and return for a grand breakfast. The staff is friendly, warm and anxious to speak english with you and you leave with more friends than you came with. The hotel has reintroduced mostly native plants and the bird and animal life abound. Lots of local side trips make this destination and interesting one if you want to go outside the normal tourist areas in Costa Rica.

If there is a downside its that there is no nightlife in this quiet jungle beach community, so bring books and a special friend.

Room Tip: The bungalows have more privacy than the standard rooms and I prefer them. During the green season...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jeffrey B
Reviewed October 9, 2012

My best friend and I spent 8 days at Harmony to relax, surf and catchup and we couldn't have hoped for anything better. The hotel was so quiet we had the pool to ourselves each day and the staff couldn't have been more attentive, they are so welcoming and friendly. We surfed at Coconut Harrys with Cristian (recommend him, he's awesome and very patient) and chilled out at the hotel. The hotel has some exercise classes and there is a fitness place just across the road so you can do a class every day if you want too.

We ate mostly at the hotel, as the food at Harmony is incredible, so fresh and delicious, and I can't rate it highly enough. We also ate and few times at Beach Dog Cafe - you need to try the muffins! If you're looking to surf, unwind and relax you must go to Harmony!

Room Tip: We had a coconut room with an outside shower (room 24), it was great.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 30, 2012

My husband and I checked into the Harmony for the last week of our 2 1/2 month stay in Costa Rica. We loved it. What a treat!

The hotel is perfectly simple and elegant, with beautiful grounds and pool, terrific fitness classes, and friendly service. The beds are super comfortable, with soft linens. It's just a short walk to Playa Guiones, rated one of the top 10 beginner surfer beaches on earth. The yoga is super mellow, but the open air studio surrounded by greenery is very nice and calming. I LOVE Fit2Rip, the circuit training class with Angie. It kicked my butt! Hardest class I've ever taken.

I enjoyed many meals at the Juice Bar, pretty much the only place in town that serves fresh greens -- arugula, chard -- and from their own garden, to boot. The main restaurant is also very solid, with lovely ambiance at night.

The hotel is pricey, but we got a Green Season discount that made it quite affordable, including a delicious daily a la carte breakfast (coffee/tea, fruit plate, fruit juice, AND pancakes or scrumptious egg dish), as well as two sushi dinners. The sushi isn't the best in terms of taste or creativity, but it's the only place in town that has it. We liked the rainbow roll and the ceviche roll.

Everyone there was super friendly and went out of their way to make our stay the best. We were very impressed, in particular, with Samuel at the front desk and Bolivar at the bar. If you dine at the restaurant in the evening, don't forget to ask for Kevin!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MeiMei F
Cayuga S, Manager at The Harmony Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Dear
Greetings from Guiones Beach in Costa Rica. Thank you for your thorough review of your stay at the Harmony Hotel. We are sure it will be very helpful for future guests thinking about staying with us. Thanks for pointing out all the great “hotel” features such as the comfortable beds, the grounds and pool, the great food and the friendly service by our staff. We think you hit it on the nail though by pointing out how Nosara is the place to learn how to surf, relax and do some great yoga (and yes, get your butt kicked by Angie if you would like to…). We will work on the sushi and make sure that next time you come it is up to par with the breakfast and the food at the juice bar. By the way, we just started a new hydroponic agriculture project and the first fresh produce should be ready in a week or so. So more fresh greens coming up on the menu soon. We look forward to your next visit.
Pura Vida,

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Although I did not stay at the Harmony Hotel I attended several events at their yoga space and was impressed by all of them. The 5 Rhythms movement meditations blew me away. I am officially an addict! The space is magical for this type of meditation, gorgeous at night and on the hard wood floor. I also took yoga with Fiorella. I loved her class and her great energy so much I came back for a 2nd class with her. She was attentive and made sure to connect directly with each individual in her classes. She claimed she was a newer teacher, but they were some of the best classes I took while in Nosara. Two thumbs way up! I also experimented with the Aerial Yoga on the hammocks. Although I decided that this type of yoga does not exactly suite my taste, I did really appreciate that it was available for me to try at the Harmony. I have never tried it before and have travelled the world doing yoga for years. But at $20 USD/pop one try was enough. Thanks for the varied offering.

Another special stop to note is the Juice Bar. AMAZING drinks and light snacks for after your meditation or yoga practice. Loved the atmosphere, there was even live music in there one night. Really recommended!

Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank RRRadish
Reviewed August 14, 2012

This is the 2nd time I stayed at the Harmony Hotel...going back to Costa Rica so I could experience the Harmony Hotel again. The hotel grounds are amazing, filled with stunning flora and wildlife. You feel like you are in the middle of the rain forest with an outdoor dining room which serves organic, unbelievable food. There is a lunch/coffee bar which, again, serves some of the best food I've ever had. Proceed through another pathway through the trees to the spa/yoga studio. I took a few classes which were great and had a banana bliss service which was also great! The pool is very relaxing and there is a short path to a gorgeous beach. The staff are so kind and extremely helpful. They arranged for us to to zipline at Miss Sky (the best!) and surf nearby (awesome!). We also took a yoga class in the treetops (dream-like). I highly recommend the Harmony! I went with friends, but it is a perfect spot for couples and even families.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank LindaL201011
Reviewed August 10, 2012

My family and I have been to Nodara a few times now and this visit was by far the best ever thanks largely to the exceptional stay at Harmony. The place is clean and welcoming, the gardens are perfection! The staff felt like family (truly kind people) and the food...OMG..so good! We love their pool and 2 minute walk to the beach! This place is nothing short of perfection! PERFECT for families and couples alike.

Room Tip: They have options for feeling alone (in a cute Bungalow) or part of the main hotel, but we chose to...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family