“Elegance and simplicity at its best” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Harmony Hotel Nosara

Harmony Hotel Nosara
Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Nosara
LA
“Elegance and simplicity at its best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

My husband and I checked into the Harmony for the last week of our 2 1/2 month stay in Costa Rica. We loved it. What a treat!

The hotel is perfectly simple and elegant, with beautiful grounds and pool, terrific fitness classes, and friendly service. The beds are super comfortable, with soft linens. It's just a short walk to Playa Guiones, rated one of the top 10 beginner surfer beaches on earth. The yoga is super mellow, but the open air studio surrounded by greenery is very nice and calming. I LOVE Fit2Rip, the circuit training class with Angie. It kicked my butt! Hardest class I've ever taken.

I enjoyed many meals at the Juice Bar, pretty much the only place in town that serves fresh greens -- arugula, chard -- and from their own garden, to boot. The main restaurant is also very solid, with lovely ambiance at night.

The hotel is pricey, but we got a Green Season discount that made it quite affordable, including a delicious daily a la carte breakfast (coffee/tea, fruit plate, fruit juice, AND pancakes or scrumptious egg dish), as well as two sushi dinners. The sushi isn't the best in terms of taste or creativity, but it's the only place in town that has it. We liked the rainbow roll and the ceviche roll.

Everyone there was super friendly and went out of their way to make our stay the best. We were very impressed, in particular, with Samuel at the front desk and Bolivar at the bar. If you dine at the restaurant in the evening, don't forget to ask for Kevin!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MeiMei F
Cayuga S, Manager at Harmony Hotel Nosara, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear
Greetings from Guiones Beach in Costa Rica. Thank you for your thorough review of your stay at the Harmony Hotel. We are sure it will be very helpful for future guests thinking about staying with us. Thanks for pointing out all the great “hotel” features such as the comfortable beds, the grounds and pool, the great food and the friendly service by our staff. We think you hit it on the nail though by pointing out how Nosara is the place to learn how to surf, relax and do some great yoga (and yes, get your butt kicked by Angie if you would like to…). We will work on the sushi and make sure that next time you come it is up to par with the breakfast and the food at the juice bar. By the way, we just started a new hydroponic agriculture project and the first fresh produce should be ready in a week or so. So more fresh greens coming up on the menu soon. We look forward to your next visit.
Pura Vida,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

Although I did not stay at the Harmony Hotel I attended several events at their yoga space and was impressed by all of them. The 5 Rhythms movement meditations blew me away. I am officially an addict! The space is magical for this type of meditation, gorgeous at night and on the hard wood floor. I also took yoga with Fiorella. I loved her class and her great energy so much I came back for a 2nd class with her. She was attentive and made sure to connect directly with each individual in her classes. She claimed she was a newer teacher, but they were some of the best classes I took while in Nosara. Two thumbs way up! I also experimented with the Aerial Yoga on the hammocks. Although I decided that this type of yoga does not exactly suite my taste, I did really appreciate that it was available for me to try at the Harmony. I have never tried it before and have travelled the world doing yoga for years. But at $20 USD/pop one try was enough. Thanks for the varied offering.

Another special stop to note is the Juice Bar. AMAZING drinks and light snacks for after your meditation or yoga practice. Loved the atmosphere, there was even live music in there one night. Really recommended!

Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank RRRadish
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

This is the 2nd time I stayed at the Harmony Hotel...going back to Costa Rica so I could experience the Harmony Hotel again. The hotel grounds are amazing, filled with stunning flora and wildlife. You feel like you are in the middle of the rain forest with an outdoor dining room which serves organic, unbelievable food. There is a lunch/coffee bar which, again, serves some of the best food I've ever had. Proceed through another pathway through the trees to the spa/yoga studio. I took a few classes which were great and had a banana bliss service which was also great! The pool is very relaxing and there is a short path to a gorgeous beach. The staff are so kind and extremely helpful. They arranged for us to to zipline at Miss Sky (the best!) and surf nearby (awesome!). We also took a yoga class in the treetops (dream-like). I highly recommend the Harmony! I went with friends, but it is a perfect spot for couples and even families.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank LindaL201011
Kingwood, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

My family and I have been to Nodara a few times now and this visit was by far the best ever thanks largely to the exceptional stay at Harmony. The place is clean and welcoming, the gardens are perfection! The staff felt like family (truly kind people) and the food...OMG..so good! We love their pool and 2 minute walk to the beach! This place is nothing short of perfection! PERFECT for families and couples alike.

Room Tip: They have options for feeling alone (in a cute Bungalow) or part of the main hotel, but we chose to...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Erik B
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

This hotel is charming in a way that organically "fits" with the area in which it is located. It is refined while not being pretentious. The service is impeccable but not stuffy. A great deal of attention was paid to design a hotel that provides simple luxury. The staff is excellent and attentive. If you dine in the restaurant, I highly recommend the chicken casado (which I ate more than once for dinner).

The hotel is ideally located -- minutes to the beach and also the town.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank VictoriaJoy
Comox, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

loved our room with private enclosed deck with outdoor shower and hammocks.Very close to the beach. A little too yoga for us. Restaurant was just ok. a little too expensive for the package. loved the pool. it's nice to have shade in the pool

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Glendale, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

The Harmony Hotel was our second out of three hotels that we stayed at while in Costa Rica. But it was by far our favorite. Driving into this town you would never guess the oasis that awaits you. We were greeted by Fredericko who couldn't have been nicer or more accommodating. The grounds here are immaculate including our room. We stayed in room 26 and I do recommend this lodging. It stands alone and has no shared wall. It's almost like having your own house. The outdoor shower was amazing. It is very private and it sits on its own deck. We never used the indoor shower once. Plus, you will love the hotel soaps and want to purchase some on your way out. This is also where we had our best meal on our vacation. The hotel even has it's own garden where they grow some of the vegetable for the restaurant. The hotel is safe, clean, and toilet paper friendly. The only one in Nosara. This is the perfect hotel whether you wish to book adventures for the day or decompress by the pool with its serenity. The beach is also uncrowded and picturesque. For all you serious surfers, the breaks are fast and consistent. We definitely could have stayed here longer.

Room Tip: Room 26 stands alone with no shared walls.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple