“Breathtaking!”
Review of AHKi B&B Retreat

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nosara
AHKi B&B Retreat
Ranked #15 of 22 Hotels in Nosara
Nosara, Costa Rica
“Breathtaking!”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Ahki is truly a sanctuary. The views are breathtaking and serene, I don’t know another place like it where every detail has been carefully considered creating a warm and welcoming retreat; perfect for relaxing and spiritual rejuvination! The town of Delicias, a few minutes away, adds to the charm of the area. Not far from the retreat center we trekked to a waterfall which was wonderful. The ocean is just a few minutes drive and the yoga studio is fantastic! Karen and Greg are wonderful hosts, very kind, generous and considerate of your needs and desires for whatever the reason of your visit to Ahki may be. They have treated us to a number of great conversations and we look forward to hearing about their journeys, even if we cannot stay at Ahki full time, their story is inspiring and the result of what they’ve done with Ahki is truly unique.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Annapolis, Maryland, United States
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Swinging in the hammock by the infinity pool at AHKI while viewing the surrounding mountains was nothing short of heavenly. Karen and Greg made our stay incredible with great care, wonderful meals, lots of advice on local sights, and wonderful accommodations. Karen's yoga classes in the rooftop studio united your soul with the spirit of nature. Trees, birds, mountains, and ocean view surround the studio. Garza beach is only minutes away with wonderful ocean surf to enjoy. Our family can't wait to return for our next Costa Rican reunion at AHKI!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Donna C
Arnold, MD
Reviewed March 7, 2012

This was my first visit to Ahki, and my first visit to Costa Rica as well. Of course, there are many places to experience nature in Costa Rica, but I believe what makes AHKi so unique is that it is immersed in nature. A quiet, exquisite haven outside of the hustle and bustle of the touristy town, AHKi is nestled in this hillside surrounded by acres of undeveloped land. Yet, I felt completely safe, even though I was a single female travelling alone. Every morning, I woke up to wonderful view of the hillside, practiced yoga on this platform in the skies with a breathtaking ocean view, and drank freshly squeezed juice of many varieties. Karen and Greg are such considerate and engaging hosts, making my trip all that much more enriching. In short, four words...CAN'T WAIT TO RETURN!

4 Thank Laura B
Dayton, MD
Reviewed March 6, 2012

Usually when I'm in awe of my surroundings, I'm doing something unsafe but at AHKI I felt like I was in a little haven where I was secure to both wander and wonder. This area within the province of Guanacaste is known for its pristine nature and AHKI fits, without competing, with it's beautiful setting. I cannot see AHKI ever feeling crowded or attracting pretentious or partying tourists but as a sanctuary for people who want to hear the quiet, converse earnestly, and feel grateful to be alive. AHKI's open air, soft wood floored yoga studio is also the pinnacle of the site and I was inspired within seconds to just enjoy being.

Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Robin B
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Reviewed March 5, 2012

... on our oh! too-short day trip in December, Greg and Karen were putting the finishing touches on Ahki (and so our photos reflect the 'in progress' stage). We’d followed their dream of building a Vastu Shastra-inspired mountain-top retreat center from afar for years, but the actuality took our breath away. It is an incredibly tranquil yet energizing place: the elegant simplicity and privacy of the individual cabinas, the winding paths in the lush landscape, the soothing qualities of the infinity-edge pool the artfully-prepared local food...
We can’t emphasize their craftsmanship and vision enough and recognize that the attention they have spent on Ahki will transfer to their guests' every need. Rarely--yet here, it's happened--does the reality exceed the dream. We know we will return again and again to this place “where every prospect pleases.”

Room Tip: Share with Karen and Greg your preferences and desires: whether it's leisurely quiet mornings, a...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank BaltoCityGal
Malaga, Spain
Reviewed March 4, 2012

This is an extraordinary retreat located in the foot hills of Garza..It an area that I personally prefer as its nicely tucked away in nature and yet easily accessible to nearby towns and commodities..The design of the surrounding building reminds me of being lost in an ancient temple in some other other time..The accommodations are more than comfortable with a unique design that is very appealing..
You can clearly see that this retreat is a reflection to the wonderful people that Gregory and Karen are..They have certainly put there love and energy into building an exclusive and unsurpassed retreat centre that envelopes you in delightfulness and suavity...a must !!!

2 Thank MarcosCortes
san francisco
Reviewed February 25, 2012

I enjoyed a brilliant weeks stay at Ahki. The owners and my hosts Karen and Greg were friendly, helpful, and available . The privacy of this hilltop five star accommodation and retreat sets the tone perfectly for a delicious rejuvenating holiday. The cabina are bright, clean and airy and set away from the main house. I woke up each morning to the sun rising over the mountains. I could not name just one thing that stood out; tasteful design, open air yoga studio, delicious food, magnificent views, and quiet spacious cabina for my evenings rest. I am a traveler, and I rate this location tops in my book.

1 Thank zenfullgirl