“Best Surf School in Nosara”

Nosara Tico Surf School
Ranked #1 of 44 Tours in Nosara
More attraction details
Owner description: We are Nosara Tico Surf School, a local surf school (owned 100% by Ticos) located in Playa Guiones, Nosara. Our friendly and enthusiastic staff is always there to help out, and with the guidance of our certified instructors, you will have the best surfing experience ever. We offer group, semi-private, and private surf lessons. We also offer customized surf package, and arrange surf trips to local surf spots of the northern and southern Pacific Coast. Our goal is to guide and instruct our clients into the waves step by step, give feedbacks and tips, get the most out of our surf lessons.
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Best Surf School in Nosara”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We have been there two years in a row and are currently planning our next trip for 2013. The first year was also my first time learning how to surf, and they were super helpful and amazing teachers. My boyfriend is a lot more advanced than me and they did an amazing job working with our different skill levels. The second year our resort recommended another surf school and we tried it out for the one day, and ended up coming back to Nosara Tico Surf School because of the quality and customer service we expected. They give you a lot of individual attention and are just super nice guys. I would recommend Nosara Tico Surf School to anyone that is visiting Nosara, Costa Rica.

Visited January 2012

New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“If They Can Teach Me to Surf, They Can Teach Anyone!”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

My family just returned from an amazing trip to Nosara, Costa Rica. Luigi taught me to surf on my 49th birthday! Luigi taught my husband too and he is even older than I am! Our kids (ages 14 and 10) are practically professional after just three lessons! Luigi's warm, kind and calm instruction made all the difference. We can't wait to come back!

New York, NY
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“these guys are the best!”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We took a series of lessons and can't possibly say enough good things about them. They are professional and the sessions were really fun. Advice and instruction was provided on the beach before going in the water and during rest breaks. Each time, the information was appropriate, organized, and just what we needed at that moment. In the water, they watched us and gave each of us tips that really worked for whatever we causing us difficulty. They have plenty of good boards and are perfectly located near the end of the Playa Guinoes road to the beach. In addition to being really, really, really good surfers with tons of local knowledge and loads of experience teaching, they are genuinely interested in teaching and sharing what they love so much - surfing in Costa Rica and Pura Vida. We'd give them 6 stars if we could.

Farmington, Connecticut
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Surfing lessons in Nosara, Costa Rica”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Totally awesome! We are a skiing family, but had never surfed before. Luigi gave me and my two daughters (16 & 13 year old) lessons for three days. He was great - incredibly patient and helpful. He also really emphasized water and surfing safety (very reassuring for my wife). We learned so much and enjoyed surfing. Can't say enough about how wonderful Luigi was as an instructor! In fact, everyone at the Nosara Tico Surf School treated us like family. We are looking forward to our next trip and visiting with Luigi and Esteban. Pura Vida!!!

New York City, New York
“surf lessons”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We can surf!!!!!!!!! My 2 daughters (age 12 and 15) and I had taken surfing lessons with Esteban at Nosara Tico Surf and off we went riding at high tide those delicious waves. You can't beat this surf school. Esteban and the other instuctors are excellent teaching you how to surf and being safe in the process. It's a win win situation!!!!! They are also so nice in the process. We're coming back!!!!!!

Visited July 2012