“beautiful scenery, nice kayaks, experienced & fun guide”
Review of Iguana Expeditions - CLOSED

Iguana Expeditions
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Reviewed August 26, 2011

I went on the river kayak tour with my mom & dad. They are real nature lovers and loved all the trees, plants, birds, small animals near the river banks. Joe is very knowledgeable about all the wildlife we saw. He is also a really fun guy to hang with on the tour. I would recommend his trip all ages of people visiting Nosara.

Reviewed August 24, 2011

What fun in one of the most beautiful places on earth! We hiked to Mala Noche waterfall and swam in the pool below. Joe Davis was our guide - super good witht the kids.

We kayaked down the Rio Monana and Nosara River - could not have been more beautiful. The birdwatching is increadable. My mom (70 years old) loved it. Joe paddled for her and she could just sit back and enjoy.

Joe picked us up at our hotel and took care of everything. We wanted to do more tours with him but didn't have time. Next visit!!!!!!!

Reviewed August 23, 2011

When your six year old tells you that her favorite part of the trip was kayaking with "jungle Joe", that says it all. The guy is entertaining, witty, sincere and a human encyclopedia on costa rica. His wife is also a sweetheart. The rio montagne was beautiful. Make sure to ask about the "Soprano's" story for a true laugh. When we come back next year, he's the first person we'll look forward seeing.

Reviewed August 22, 2011

I advise you do both the river kayaking and waterfall trips with Joe. He is an experienced guide and quite a character as well. Knowledge of wildlife, area lore, and river as well as a respect for safety will ensure you have a perfect adventure. Plus, he invited us to hear him play with his band at a local restaurant that night and we had a blast! The only thing more interesting than Joe is his truck. Which has to be seen to be believed.

See more reviews
Reviewed August 16, 2011

I have gone on multiple river trips with Jungle Joe and Iguana Expeditions in Nosara, Costa Rica. He is the most knowledgeable and one of kind- highly respected guide. I have gone up the Rio Nosara and waterfall tour many times with him and can not say enough good things about Jungle Joe. He has kayak and stand-up paddle board equipment to choose from. Not only did we see a lot of wildlife in and out of the water but he has extensive insight about the animals and vegetation that make this part of Costa Rica truly magnificent. I learn more each time we go on a tour and highly recommend that all tourists and locals experience a day with Joe. Another great trip is to the waterfalls outside of Nosara...he picks you up from your hotel and makes the trip fun, exciting, safe, affordable and one of a kind. If you play music- he might even ask you to join in a jam session with his great band that plays multiple nights a week around town. My favorite spot is Guilded Iguana on Tuesday nights. Great food and atmosphere- Joe is at the middle of all the fun. Day or night. Rain or shine- he is the man. Pura Vida amigos