“I'm already planning my trip back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Surf Simply

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Surf Simply
Ranked #1 of 25 Specialty Lodging in Nosara
Toronto, Canada
“I'm already planning my trip back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2010

While I chose to travel at one of the slower times of year I wasn't made to feel out of place or lonely for one minute will I was at Surf Simply! Not only did I get awesome surf and yoga instruction, amazing food, and great accommodation! Ru and Gem made me feel at home and invited me into their local family while I stayed all by myself half the time at their resort! I can't wait to come back!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Ottawa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2010

I just returned from a 1-week surf vacation with Surf Simply and have nothing but great things to say about the experience. I had a good feeling even before I arrived. Becky, in charge of logistics, enthusiastically and efficiently handled the booking and any questions I had before my arrival and welcomed us with a smile when we got there. The owners, Ru and Gem are wonderful people, are enthusiastic about surfing and surround themselves with instructors, Al, Sam, Luke and Harry who share both their philosophy, warmth and passion for the sport. I went with no prior experience and was pretty out of shape but with their careful, step-wise approach - where each skill builds logically on the one learned before - they had me riding unbroken waves by the end of the week. Every day they're out their cheering you on, taking photos and video to be viewed later on for instructional purposes and encourage you to advance your skills through trial and error while never putting you in a situation that they think you're not capable of handling. They'll also go through surfing theory - teaching you about the science beyond waves, board selection and will even show you how to judge surfing competitions. These guys will impress you not simply with their skill as instructors - they are genuinely cool people who will challenge any pre-existing stereotypes you may have about the sport, surfers and surf culture. By the end of the week you'll be talking like a surfer, looking like a surfer and will have you beginning to surf like a surfer. Combine that with fantastic accommodations, the option of either Yoga or a massage (do both), wonderful meals and beautiful weather and you have a recipe for a fastastic holiday that is well worth the price.

USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2010

My Girlfriend and I had a fantastic time at Surf Simply. We live in NYC and though we travel frequently, both have a tough time "unplugging" when we go on holiday. Often, by the time we are really ready to relax, it's time to go home.

From day 1 at Surf Simply, we were in another world. The physical demands of learning to surf and the intensity of instruction forced us to focus our attention on the waves and nothing else. The coaches are all excellent teachers, and more importantly, great people. We really enjoyed getting to know them during dinner each evening, as a different staff member would host us at a local restaurant every night. We also had a great time on the Wednesday "day off", when we rented a few Quads and drove up the coast to a beautiful secluded beach.

Overall, the experience is ideal for a range of people...those who are serious about surfing, folks who want to learn something new, and finally, people who want to truly get away from it all.

Highly recommended!

Calgary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2010

I had been to Nosara and taken lessons at Innocent Surf school a year earlier and couldn't wait to bring my whole family back - husband, son (9), daughter (6) and mother. The newly built Innocent surf resort delivered on luxury accommodation and service, the surf coaching surpassed all my expectations - for the second time! I was a little concerned that Sofia would be intimidated by the sea, but with the superb coaching of Luke and Ru, she was up and surfing white water after a day. My son Oliver loved it right from the first moment and has since requested a return journey as soon as possible. Personally, it is a true growth experience physically and mentally - Harry taught me to trust that I can handle any 'BIG' waves with some excellent tips and I felt that this second time was a true breakthrough for me and my family when it comes to our surfing journey.

Whistler
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2010

I signed up for a week of surf surf school based on the fact that Surf Simply have certified surf coaches and a progressive teaching method. I wanted to come away with knowing what I should be doing and working on when I went surfing on my own after the camp. Well, by the end of the week I felt like I had learned so much and come so far I couldn't stop there. So I managed to stay for another full week of surf school with Surf Simply.

The value and experience of everything about Surf Simply exceeded my expectations. Beyond the excellent twice daily surf lesson sessions there were lots of highlights. The chalets were very stylish and comfortable (including AC). The food was amazing - whether it was at the Surf Simply resort or at one of the many great local restaurants we went to for dinner. Everyone involved in Surf Simply is friendly, caring and inspirational.

I did daily yoga which is part of the package and something I don't normally do. I think this helped my surfing immensely and would highly recommend it. There were theory sessions about technique, understanding swell forecasts, wave formation on reef vs beach break, contest judging and more. I could go on and on!. All in all it was a fabulous experience. And yes I extended my stay another half a week again to keep surfing. Saving up to go back again!

Thank you Ru, Gem, Becky, Harry, Al, LuLu, Jessie and my fellow surf students.

La Jolla, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2010

If you really want to learn to surf, this is the place to go....and you'll have a great time too. Ru and Harry are excellent, patient, method-based surf coaches. Gem was an excellent hostess and cook, while Becky made sure that it all happened. Jess was an awesome yoga instructor. Really loved the surf-yoga-surf routine, evenings at the best Nosara restaurants and the resort, but most of all the staff and teaching style. You'll have a great time and leave loving surfing.

1 Thank Carlos92037
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2010

We took the whole family for a week, with some trepidation: daughter of 23, sons of 11 and 8, wife (who announced en route that she was not so keen on the sea), and me, 50-something surfer manque. Ru and his team made us feel very welcome, positive and even by the end even competent! The surf trainers were natural teachers - cool without being posey or arrogant, plus open and enthusiastic about our progress. Gem ran the hospitality and catering side efficiently - easy and informal but very effective. Even the sea played its part, and provided rideable waves every day. it all worked. We are still boasting about our progress. We'll be back.