“Met all my needs and beyond - Pick this school!!!!”
Review of Surf Simply

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Surf Simply
Ranked #1 of 27 Specialty Lodging in Nosara
Reviewed April 14, 2010

I'm probably the only one that spent two weeks back to back at Innocent surf school and I got exactly what I wanted and more. Surfing Surfing Surfing. They have excellent staff, instruction, and this is a great family and friend run busniess where couples, familes, girls retreat, boys week and like myself "solo" for two whole weeks with no kids and no wife had a great time. From the time you pass through customs at the airport in Costa Rica you are looked after. The sun in the middle of march was 30+ or 100 F, the waves on average are 4-6ft and good everyday even for the advanced surfer on this beach break. On a week vacation you can surf 10+ times, you get feed great home style cooking which is really healthly, then for supper you are dined at 5 of the best spots, yoga, your choice of an activity mid week, and plenty of time to chill by the pool. This is a great surf school and after being land locked again on the prairies I will definately return as soon as I can.
Also I left them my Lemon Martini recipe so your party night will be fun!!!!
2DD. Calgary Alberta Canada.

Reviewed April 13, 2010

I arrived in Nosara with basic surfing skills (paddling, getting outside, standing up), but for some reason I could not get them all working together. Harry made it so easy to focus on the basics and simply surf. Everyone at Innocent is wonderfully nice, but the very best thing about Innocent for me was that the instructors are not just expert surfers; they are expert at teaching surfing. They are rigorously trained and certified, and they know how to help us understand just what we need to know. My lessons with Innocent helped me break through to the next level and I am so grateful for that!

Reviewed April 11, 2010

We've recently returned from a week long surf camp at Innocent Surf & can not wait to get back! The accommodations, meals, & most importantly-the surfing instruction, truly surpassed our expectations. My friend & I packed up our 13 year old sons, said goodbye to the husbands & the 4 of us headed to Nosara for Spring Break 2010.

We found I.S.'s tasteful chalets roomy, comfortable, private & secure. The resort's lush, tropical landscaping further enhanced the tranquility. Even with meals included, it was so nice to have the well-equipped kitchen, especially with two hungry teenagers.

The overall layout & design of the resort represents the epitome of "attention to detail". At the upper level, along with a very inviting pool, is an outdoor common area, complete with a cozy sectional, surfing library, board games, & a lap-top, just in case you need to check your e-mail. Adjacent to that, is the dining area, complete with a large flat screened t.v., where guests are treated to surfing dvds & video analysis of their own moves. Adjacent to that is Gem's awesome outdoor kitchen, where you can watch her effortlessly prepare your lovely, delicious, & very healthy meals.

As nice as the accommodations were, however, we were there for only one thing: SURFING! Once again, we were not disappointed. The extremely high caliber of the instruction we received at Innocent Surf is what truly puts them in a league all their own.
In addition to being skilled, articulate surf coaches, both in & out of the water, the I.S. crew is warm, witty, & charming.

We truly had an awesome experience, learned so much & thanks to Coach Alex, the boys are now eager to compete in our local ESA contests. Thank you Innocent Surf, for everything!

Alexsurfsimple, Resort Manager at Surf Simply, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2010

Thanks guys for a great trip, the boys did really well, glad they are feeling confident to compete now. Make sure they are keeping those crouched positions through both their bottom turns and top turns.....and too you both to. See you in NC sometime. Alex

Reviewed March 30, 2010

If you are looking for a top notch Surf School as well as lodging look no further. The staff at Innocent prides itself on the best Instruction available along with gracious caring for the individual. The entire staff is professional and courteous. They use video analysis to show each student where they can improve. The beaches in Nosara have ideal conditions year round. The facilities are very clean and modern unlike most other schools in the area. The staff is well trained and certified and I believe all of them are also certified life guards. I was shocked at how amazing my experience with them was and you will be too!! GO AND BOOK NOW AS THEY ARE VERY BUSY! PURA VIDA!!!

Reviewed March 23, 2010

This kind of trip is usually over the top for me, but I was drawn to Innocent's approach to teaching surfing. I couldn't find anything comparable and when I got there they more than lived up to my expectations. Surfing everyday with quality instructors that are passionate about what they do and how they teach was very rewarding! On top of that the room, pool and food was outstanding, did I mention the food was outstanding! I also, recommend taking yoga. A great way to say ready for the next surf and Jess is a great instructor!! I truly felt like I got more than my moneys worth! I would definitely go again. Ru, Gem, Becky, Al, Sam and Harry are the best host and instructors you could want. They make it hard to leave!

Reviewed March 23, 2010

Had the great opportunity to take a surf lesson with Ru on my recent visit to Nosara. If you really want to learn how to surf, Innocent is awesome! They don't just push you into waves and tell you you're surfing. They really teach you, step by step, how to make it from newbie to riding the green waves! I can't wait to get back to Nosara so I can take a week of classes with them!

Reviewed March 22, 2010

I just returned from my second trip to Nosara Costa Rica for surf lessons with Innocent Surf School. Last year I loved the lessons with Innocent so much, I couldn't wait to go back for more, but this time, staying in their new accomodations just exceeded any expectation. The rooms are lovely and comfortable, the pool area and grounds are gorgeous and tranquil, and the food is outstanding! It is so delicious and fresh and beautifully presented, its like dining at a 5 star restaurant. The lessons are fantastic, all the instructors are super encouraging and teach so well. No matter what your level/ability you have fun and learn so much. Plus there are so many amenities, if you want to do other non surf activities they are arranged for you, there are bikes available to go and check out the town, etc. You get the chance to go to some amazing local restaurants. Also if there are any special needs/requests, ie special food diets they are so so accomodating. We went to celebrate a friend's birthday and even a little birthday surprise cake/party was arranged. I can't say enough nice things about every person who works there and the entire experience. Highly recommend checking it out!

1  Thank nycsar