“Serious about learning to surf? This is the place!”
Review of Surf Simply

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Surf Simply
Ranked #1 of 25 Specialty Lodging in Nosara
Reviewed March 14, 2010

The best money can buy. World class surf coaching, comfy accomodations, the best pool in Nosara and lovely lovely people. Your search is over. I am so happy to have found Innocent Surf School!

There are newer reviews for Surf Simply

Reviewed February 23, 2010

I can't imagine a better place to take lessons, regardless of your experince level, or a better group of people to learn from. This is a small operation; a group of dedicated, patient, skilled, and fun professionals who operate this business on what may be the best teaching-beach on the planet.

As a guy who showed up with no experience (none!), I could not have been more impressed with my experience over the course of three lessons... or more impressed with what I saw in terms of how this staff worked with others of various levels (from small kids, to absolute beginners like me, to more accomplished floks who'd clearly done this before). From the start, you know you're in good hands, and you just know you're in for a great experience.

C. Hope (NYC)

Reviewed February 23, 2010

If you're serious about learning to surf, innocent is a great school. They take the mystery out of surfing, which I really appreciated. After trying to "get it" for many weeks I finally took a lesson with Alex. He broke down the mechanics of how to balance, control the board, and catch a wave in a way that was very scientific, yet easy to understand. The next time I visited Nosara, 6 months later, I still had that knowledge with me, and it helped me so much! I took their video lesson that time, and made big strides after actually seeing what I looked like surfing.

Reviewed February 22, 2010

i wanted to say thanks to everyone; alex, ru, gem, and becky for a wonderful experience down there taking lessons. i feel like i squeezed a whole summer of short boarding down there and progressed quickly with only 3 lessons. alex was a wealth of knowledge being a great teacher at identifying and solving my faults with constructive tips and a sense of humor.

this is my second time taking lessons from them and feel like i have reached a new plateau to further base and advance my surfing with. will definitely repeat when i am down there again.

pura vida!

Reviewed February 22, 2010

Thanks to Alex for a great few lessons (Feb. 7, 2010). I highly appreciated their 'sports instruction' style of teaching and would recommend their services to anyone learning to surf at Guillones. After seeing and hearing the 'just stand up and ride' philosophy of some of the other surf schools in the area, I was definately happy to have booked in with a professional crew who aimed to teach you the basics of surfing that you could build on and use for the rest of your life. One of the highlights of my trip was definately catching my first green wave!!

Reviewed February 21, 2010

The staff at Innocent are all really helpful, friendly and knowledgeable! Our family of 5 had a great time with Harry as beginning surfers. He explained everything in a fun way that was appropriate for 10-40 year olds. I really felt like I had some surfing skills before I even got in the water. My husband wished he had had this lesson before he started surfing 20 years ago. He said it would have saved him months of trying to figure it out and just powering through it. The only downside is that it is a trek to get out to Playa Guiones if you're just taking one lesson!

Reviewed February 20, 2010

We signed up our daughter Ella who's nine with Sam and could not be more pleased with the results. Sam comes from a teaching background so he knew exactly how to break the lesson down and work with kids, and was nice enough to outline the process for me at the start. Ella was up her first day and over a dozen times the second day. She loves surfing and I felt safe that she was with a strong, caring and knowledgeable instructor since the waves can be strong. I really liked the whole way the lesson was structured and Ella did so well! Anybody would love this surf school. Becky was also very friendly and professional.