“Don't miss out!”
Review of Surf Simply

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Surf Simply
Ranked #1 of 23 Specialty Lodging in Nosara
Chicago, Illinois
“Don't miss out!”
Reviewed January 2, 2010

Lessons with Innocent could not have been better. The instructors are the best- knowledgeable, patient, attentive, and encouraging. They know surfing and are happy to share their love of it. I am incredibly impressed with the school and would do it again in a minute. And who wouldn't have a great time on the beach in Costa Rica?

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Venice, Ca
Reviewed January 1, 2010

The few people that run this surf school in Nosara are friendly and welcoming, making any newcomer to surfing feel welcome. The school is located close to a beach break that is gentle where the water is warm and there is plenty of room for everyone from the novice to the more experienced. I took my lessons with Harry, a funny and cheerful guy that made the time fly... learning to get onto a board couldn't have been more fun and enjoyable. I highly recommend innocent surf school!

1 Thank papayalover
BigBoyBoarder
Reviewed December 23, 2009

Even though these guys taught me everything I need to know, it was the results that mattered. (see attached pictures) They are an excellent, friendly crew, that makes you feel like you are one of them!
Till next time, Cheers!!!

London
Reviewed December 20, 2009

Was feeling quite nervous but signing up with Innocent was the turning point for a wonderful time. The team were professional but really warm, friendly and welcoming. Took lessons with Harry and am now quite addicted (to surfing that is ;-) although Harry was wonderful too) He made everything seem really simple.... and doable. Most of all though - it was SUPER FUN! Thanks to the whole team there. Really made my stay.

Berkeley
Reviewed December 16, 2009

I've been to several surf schools in the past. There's no surf school like Innocent surf school. The instructors have a clear idea of what will be taught, how it will be explained, and the logical sequence of the lessons. If you want to learn how to surf, don't bother wasting your time and money by going to some random surf school.

It is too often the case that surf schools get people on boards, push them into a wave, and cheer as long as you stand up for a second. That's fine if you want to be frolicking in the water for a day. But you won't learn how to surf. Innocent surf school deliberately plans their lessons to make sure that you get to learn the sport. The instructors are absolutely articulate teachers.

Plus, everyone is very friendly and nice!

Thank you for the great surf lessons. I've learned so much and enjoyed every bit of it.

2 Thank megli0
San Francisco
Reviewed December 14, 2009

I came with the purpose of improving my surfing, and got that and then some from the Innocent Surf Team. Granted, there's a lot of room for improvement with me, but I've never gotten so much technical & personalized surf instruction. I've taken quite a few lessons in my life, and this is the first time I feel like I've got a concrete understanding of the mechanics of surfing and exactly where/how I must improve my game.
These folks have a greatly supportive, challenging, and just FUN approach to teaching.

It certainly helps that they're situated at Playa Guiones - a BEAUTIFUL beach, with gently warm waters, clean fine sand, and great waves.
Suffice it to say I was really sad to leave. However, the group is working on expanding their business and facilities, so I can look forward to even more to experience with a future visit.

Oh - and their website has THE BEST driving directions on how to get to Playa Guiones & Nosara; essential with - uhh - adventure-filled roads of Costa Rica. I want to submit their directions to Google Maps. I want it translated into the top 5 most spoken/written languages in the world; it's that good.

1 Thank OBSharkbait
Dallas, TX
Reviewed December 14, 2009

I had a blast taking two lessons with Innocent Surf School! Ru was my first instructor, and Sam was my second one. Both guys were top notch! I like how the lesson plan is structured and you can see what the steps are. Plus, as they're all British guys and gals, they're super easy to understand and they really know how to get their message across! And their school location is really nice too.

1 Thank sunscapeJeff