“could not be better”
Review of Surf Simply

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Surf Simply
Ranked #1 of 25 Specialty Lodging in Nosara
Reviewed February 3, 2013

went here for a week of coaching and there isn't in my opinion a better place to improve your surfing skills then Surf Simply. All aspects are great from seamless pickup at airport to accommodations,meals.lectures and best of all the great instructors that Ru has gathered.

they absolutely know what they are doing and do it well and make the seven days too short. Playa Guiones is a great place to surf for all levels

Room Tip: all rooms are equally good, you will sleep soundly after two surf sessions and a good dinner
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Surf Simply

Reviewed February 1, 2013

If you want to improve your surfing and have a really fun group experience Surf Simply is the place. The detail and clarity of instruction, focused on how a surfboard works and physically what you have to do to get it to perform, is amazing. My coach Harry made be aware of my mistakes and specifically how to correct them while always remaining encouraging, patient and, best of all, so much fun to be in the water with!
Francela gives a wonderful yoga class from her heart and Sarah's food is delicious.
Ru has gathered a wonderful team and truely created a unique experience.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Is so fantastic to do no have to worry about nothing except learning.
Good food, fantastic beaches.
I spent 2 week and I spent $80 during this time because everything is included.
The only thing not awesome is to share a room with a stranger. May be good but may be not and there are no options of reaccommodation.
The rest you became spoiled they treat you very well.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Surf Simply was one of the best gifts I've ever given myself. I recently caught the surfing bug but aside from a few tips here and there on the beach I've had zero instruction. I wanted to learn the right way to do things before I developed bad habits that will be harder to break the longer I surf. Surf Simply gave me that foundation of skills I craved (the proper way to paddle, how to turn the board, read waves, turtle dive etc.) and so much more. The video analysis was the best! Humbling but a fantastic coaching tool. Now when I don't catch a wave or when I wipe out I can analyze myself and correct my own mistakes. I now have the confidence to go out in bigger waves. Graham was a fantastic coach! Very direct, patient, funny and attentive. All the coaching staff were so enthusiastic, positive and available. They love surfing and teaching and it shows. They are a tight knit group but so welcoming to everyone, you feel like part of the Surf Simply family. As a solo traveler I loved the idea of instant community. By day 2 our group really clicked, I know I've made some surf buddies I'll have for many years to come. Ru really has it all figured out, Surf Simply makes it so easy for you to just focus on surfing since everything is taken care of. The food is fantastic (I miss Sara's cooking and LuLu's muffins!) and I instantly felt at home. And the yoga!!! I've been practicing yoga for 12 years and Francela is one of the best instructors I've had. She had a class full of all different levels yet each of our needs were met. As a surfer herself she knew just what was hurting and how to stretch it. I highly recommend doing the daily yoga, it will prepare and repair your body. I vote for Francela Yoga for Surfing podcasts! Then be sure to treat yourself to a massage by Crystal-soooo worth it!!! I also loved that Laura was shooting photos! Having those images and video of me actually surfing and looking like I know what I'm doing are priceless to me. I ended up renting a house nearby for an additional week of surfing on my own and Ru invited me to surf in the line up w/the next weeks class if I felt I needed the extra support. It was comforting to be near them and listen in on all the pointers all over again;) I'd run into the Surf Simply crew in town, have a drink...I felt like one of the gang. I totally fell in love with Nosara...the yoga culture, the people, the rustic beauty and of course the waves. I felt so free and alive! I'm already planning my trip back to Surf Simply for next year, and the year after that and the year after that....Thank you!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Kellynbklyn
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Before my son and I went to Surf Simply in December, I read all the trip advisor reviews and thought it really can't be that good could it, guess what, it was. In fact it is better than I could ever have imagined. Ru and his team's attention to detail is like no other travel experience I have encountered. From the moment you land to that sad moment you fly away, your every need is looked after.

The surf instruction and facilities are fantastic. The beach is beautiful and safe, the waves are predictable and the instruction is first class. I did this trip with my son Austin who is a much better surfer than I, so I was able to see firsthand how the individual coaches tailored their instructions to each surfer’s abilities. In our week there were some that had never surfed before all the way through one competitive surfer. By the end of the week, all had made giant strides in their surfing. The camaraderie of the guests and coaches made you feel as if you were forming lifelong friendships.

Ohhhh the food...the food was so good and fresh. Sarah, you ROCK! Every meal was made fresh with local ingredients. Sarah managed that difficult balance between keeping things light and healthy and giving you great food to fuel your surfing, she also accommodated a couple of guests with special diet needs. Just in case you needed a mid-meal bite there was a ready supply of snacks including the most awesome chocolate chip muffins made by the very special LuLu. I wonder if I might be able to get her to ship some of those back to me in Denver.

Thanks to Ru and the crew and a special shout out to our coaches Kerianne, Jessie, Harry and Oli. We will be back.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Russ M
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Well I said we would go back and we did!! Exactly 6 months later and I hope to return again in June! As a mom who does, DID, not surf this is the best vaction I have ever taken. Ru and team think of everything and then make sure it is taken care of so that I can take off my "MOM HAT" and enjoy myself as much as the rest of my family. I have found that it is hard to REPEAT a wonderful vaction, well it was just as good the second time if not better. My teenage kids, my husband and not to mention myself are ready for a THREEPEAT! Thank you so much for another wonderful family vacation, Ru, Harry, Graham and Jessie, your pictures are in our family album....see you soon!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Our family of four returned for a second dip -in six months - into paradise at Surf Simply. Yes, the location is nice but what MAKES the trip is the Surf Simply staff. I don't like all-inclusive vacations but Ru, the owner, has figured out how to cater to you without shackling you. The instruction is the best I've ever had (California, two stops in Hawaii), the food is outstanding (I managed restaurants in Santa Monica) and the accommodations are very nice. Don't worry, if you decide to go here, you will get along with the other guests that go here. Both times we really enjoyed our fellow guests. The varying degrees of surfing experience is not an issue. All levels are taught with ease and excellent results and all guests enjoy themselves and have a positive attitude. This is an awesome trip. I've worked with two outstanding coaches (Jessie the first trip and Crazy Harry the second) and gained an absolute wealth of knowledge each trip. But EVERY coach is awesome. Seriously - they all jump in and add something. Right, Graham? You WILL get better and enjoy the process. Dooooo it. Oh, and do yoga!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family