“Amazing Experience!”
Review of Surf Simply

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Surf Simply
Ranked #1 of 25 Specialty Lodging in Nosara
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Amazing Experience!”
Reviewed December 7, 2011

My wife and I just returned from an incredible trip at Surf Simply and we can honestly say it was the best vacation we have ever been on! The waves, food, resort, coaches, the staff, and the guests were all truly amazing!

The surf instruction was top notch. My wife went from never having touched a surfboard in her life, to catching overhead green waves out the back in less than a week. Truly amazing! They give you the building blocks and theory to grow as a surfer. It all clicks when you learn and understand the "why's" and they do a marvelous job teaching in a way that is clear and easy to grasp. We now have a solid path forward and know exactly what we need to work on to progress our surfing and take it to the next level.

The food was absolutely wonderful! The meals at the resort were incredible and the restaurants were all great! We thoroughly enjoyed every meal.

The resort was beautiful and we really felt at home. It really felt like we were hanging out at a friend’s house. Overall this was an amazing experience. We are already planning our next trip and can't wait!

Kris and Mandy - Virginia Beach, VA

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kdhva73

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 5, 2011

It's rare that you take a holiday without finding at least some small fault about it. Sometimes its the food, other times the quality of the service, or maybe it's the state of the accommodation. With Surf Simply, I've been seriously challenged to find any negatives and have had to settle on 'I was bitten by a lot of insects'. Even that wouldn't have been a problem though had I made more use of the complimentary insect repellent! This has simply been the best vacation I have ever taken and I can't wait for a return trip.

Reviewed December 2, 2011

Hard to put into words the kind of experience I had here. It's not a stretch to say that it was the perfect holiday. Simply Surf do absolutely everything right. They are seriously passionate about what they do, and I believe they can literally teach anyone to surf. I will definitely be back as soon as I get another opportunity.

• Stayed November 2011
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed November 25, 2011

If you want to learn how to surf or improve your skills, this is the place for you. I had taken some surf lessons in past trips to Costa Rica, but learned more in one day at Surf Simply than in all of my other lessons combined. In addition to the great instruction, the people at Surf Simply are simply awesome! From Sarah's awesome cooking to Laura's incredible photos (free, by the way), to all the surf instructors (Harry, Ollie, Kerianne and Tinis) to Danielle who runs the resort, everyone goes out of their way to make sure you're comfortable and having a great time. The atmosphere and scenery are incredible, but it's the people at Surf Simply that make the experience so memorable. Ru (the owner) has created a one of a kind surf resort that you absolutely must visit at least once in your life. For me, I'm already planning my next trip back, hopefully in the next 4-5 months.

To all the staff, thanks for such a great time. I can't wait to see you all again.
Harry, I'm concentrating on keeping that left hand over the Rail.
Olli, you owe me a drink!
See you in the spring.

Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed November 22, 2011

I had surfed quite a bit before, but was never consistent or confident on the board or understood why things went well one day or badly the next. And, unlike the other visitors in my group, I really struggled through much of my time in the water, but the instructors -- in my case Kerianne and Tinis -- took such an incredibly skilled, patient and personal interest in my progress that I was motivated to keep trying, an effort that paid off when everything somehow came together in an improbable and spectacular ride from out the back at the end of my stay. I also learned enough about how the board works in the water, how to read the waves and what I should be trying to do that I feel I can continue on my own at home, or wherever I might find myself. The beautiful surroundings, comfortable accommodations, warm hosting and delicious meals didn't hurt, either! If you want to learn to surf, or even just improve your game, and feel incredibly well taken care of, this is the place for you -- I'm already trying to figure out how and when I can go back, hopefully for two weeks rather than just one.

Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed August 20, 2011

Amazing staff, gorgeous surf instructors, delicious food, great surfing....there is something here for everyone. After searching for a friend to join me, I opted to go by myself and shared a chalet with 2 other great women who were also traveling solo. I had never surfed before, and I was sad I had to leave the resort, but ready to book my next trip. I love surfing now, and absolutely plan to continue for the rest of my life. The town of Nosara is great, and I loved having free time everyday to explore. Nebraska is looking quite shabby now, I love Surf Simply! You can go alone or take the whole family, just go!

Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank dani_myers88
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed August 19, 2011

If you're thinking about visiting Surf Simply, just do it. I'm so glad I did.
I did A LOT of research on surf camps in Mexico and Costa Rica before I decided on Surf Simply. It seemed like the perfect location and best setup for my week-long solo adventure.
I had surfed a few times before my visit, but I wasn't comfortable on my own, and I knew I still had a lot to learn. And Surf Simply was the perfect place to continue my surf journey.
The instructors are knowledgeable, warm and easy going, the accommodations are comfortable and clean, and the food is outstanding.
The town itself is small, and you can manage to get around on foot or by the bikes from Surf Simply, but you could just as easily have an amazing week without leaving Surf Simply. You spend your days surfing, practicing yoga (optional), eating healthy & satisfying breakfasts and lunches at Surf Simply, and then you venture in to town as a group for some fantastic dinners accompanied by amazing views.
I really can't say enough great things about Surf Simply and my overall experience. I felt safe and comfortable during my entire trip, and I couldn't have asked for better hosts.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo