“Best Surf Trip Ever!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Surf Simply

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Surf Simply
Ranked #1 of 24 Specialty Lodging in Nosara
New York City, New York
“Best Surf Trip Ever!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2011

I am a beginner surfer (have surfed a handful of times in LA) and wanted to improve my surfing and have a relaxing vacation. After months of research I decided to stay at Surf Simply in Nosara. The lessons there were terrific and made me realize that my previous surf instructors were complete hacks. Surf Simply teaches proper technique, safety, theory and all of this makes you a better surfer and makes it that much more FUN when you do go out surfing. The instructors are great teachers, fun and cute (which doesn't hurt ;). They have activities for your day off, free bikes to get into town, and take you out to dinner so you get to see Nosara. You sign up for a week, food is included (and is delicious) for every day but Wednesday. Bring a bathing suit as Surf Simply pretty much supplies the rest!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Ulverton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2011

In Nosara, Costa Rica, you'll find this incredible surf school. If surfing is something that you want to learn, you should go there!

The learning curve is fast with 2 surf lessons per day, 1 hour of theory and 1 hour of yoga. The coaches are really great and friendly. The resort, the food, the pool are simply fanstastic!

It was so fun that we are planning to go back!!

Santa Maria, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2011

I was just tagging along on Candy’s vacation. I had no expectations of any kind. I ended up loving my first surfing experience and I can’t wait to go back to Surf Simply. We had outstanding coaches - Kerianne, Martin, Harry and Alex. Delicious food and beautiful and confortable surroundings.

1 Thank dancingforlife
Tywyn, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2011

We stayed at Surf Simply for a week in late Jan 11.

My partner and I are both beginner/intermediate surfers and were looking for a week in the sun with consistent surf and good coaching. Surf Simply seemed to fit the criteria, so we booked.

The whole experience was way better than our expectations! Ru and Gem were excellent hosts and they had carefully thought through every detail of our trip. The transfer was flexible so we had a chance to arrive a few days early in the resort to get acclimatised and we stayed on in the resort for a week after our Surf Simply week to practice what we had leant. The accommodation is comfortable and Surf Simply took care of all those small details that make everything run smoothly. For example - each room had a basket in it with suncreams, rubbing alcohol, zinc oxide cream, vaseline etc - the rancho area had a well stocked fridge of beer, wine, juice and food - and the meals on and off site were fantastic. Communication about what was going on each day was really clear and the balance between surfing and resting was spot on!

The surf coaching was outstanding. Ru has chosen and trained his staff instructors very well. You get full on personal coaching from Surf Simply, with video feedback each day. Beach management and safety were also exceptional and we always felt safe in the water even in overhead + sessions. The coaching progression that Surf Simply use was really enlightening - I wish that I'd gone to Surf Simply earlier rather than struggled with my surfing for so long! Everyone staying during our week improved greatly, and personally I had quite a few breakthroughs in terms of performance improvement.

The whole team were passionate about surfing and really went out of their way to ensure we had the best chance of learning. As we were staying on in the resort after our booked week with Surf Simply, Ru suggested that my partner held back one of her coaching days took it the following week as the conditions were forcaste to be better for her level. It was an excellent decision, and a very kind offer. Also, when we were out surfing on our own after we finished at Surf Simply, Ru and Gem (who were out surfing on their day off) paddled over to us and helped us out.

Most importantly for any trip, the people we met at Surf Simply were wonderful. I would have to say that surfers of all levels would get loads from spending a week with Ru and Gem. Also, the whole resort had a friendly, safe feel to it so if you want a family activity holiday you could book with Surf Simply without worries.

We will certainly be going back to Surf Simply!

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2011

I return to Surf Simply earlier this month for more instruction and hospitality... My first trip to Surf Simply was this past summer with my son and nephew. After much research, we decided on Surf Simply and glad we did. Surf Simply delivered everything they advertise and more. WAY MORE!!!. Ru and Gem have created a very special place that I would recommend to anyone wanting to learn or improve their surfing. They handled all the details and all we had to do is show up and suit up...We were surfing green waves on the second day!

The coaches are first class. The food is great...Gem and Sarah make a great team...The restaurants they took us to were a real treat...The accommodations are comfortable and cozy...Love the rancho and pool area......And the Yoga and Massage are some of the best I have experienced!

So, just book a trip and GO!!!!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2011

I spent the first week of the January at Surf Simply and it was one hell of a way to bring in the New Year. The weather and location were wonderful but what really made the trip worth it was the instruction, which was absolutely incredible. The manner of instruction is professional and well planned: getting an understanding of your ability (beginner in my case), and then teaching you how to surf in a crawl-walk-run manner that allows you to quickly improve while also understanding why you are improving. Additionally, the small instructor/student ratio allows constant feedback on your performance while in the water. Every one of the instructors was an absolute expert at being able to identify what it is that you are doing wrong and explaining how to improve.

When taken with the friendliness of everyone who works there, the wonderful food, the mind-numbing relaxation of the yoga and massage, and the comfortable accommodations it is easily a week, or even a couple of months, well-spent. I’m already planning my next trip down.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2011

I'm suffering from Surf Simply Withdrawal. I was lucky enough to be there for nearly two weeks in December 2010 and since then life hasn't been the same. After being spoiled by the beautiful cabanas, amazing food, free beer fridge, ridiculously good chocolate banana muffins, the out of this world instructors, the sandy beach, the yoga, the massages, the waves (the waves!!!) and the surfing (THE SURFING!)...well, all I want is to go back. I had never surfed before I visited Surf Simply nor did I ever really think I would fall in love with it as much as I have. But I truly love surfing - thanks to folks at Surf Simply.
Surf Simply is a truly special place - much more of a family than a business. I have traveled around the world and Surf SImply is the place that stands in my mind as one of the most special places and experiences I've had.
I cannot recommend Surf Simply enough. I am proud to have experienced it and I'm trying to deal with the withdrawal symptoms of visiting Surf Simply's website weekly, subscribing to The Surfer's Journal and actively planning how to get back there quickly for my next trip.
Here is a link to my blog about the experience - and what an experience it was!
I miss Surf Simply so much - do the smart thing and visit as soon as you can.

1 Thank cmommsen