“Good time”
Review of Playa Ponies

Playa Ponies
Ranked #16 of 50 Outdoor Activities in Nosara
More attraction details
Owner description: Personalized Horseback riding tours through the jungle and beaches of Nosara. Our horses are beautiful and trained for all experience levels. Every tour is customized to match the riders whether it is a short jungle kids adventure, or half-day waterfall treck or a sunset beach ride we make sure every rider leaves with an experience they will remember for a lifetime.
Reviewed August 5, 2014

My husband and I took a private tour with these guys and it was just great. I asked for a calm horse and they very obligingly changed out the "frisky" horse they'd planned to give me for a more sedate horse. For a chill horse, ask for Sebastien.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

We got off to a rocky start, Nano, our guide and owner's husband was supposed to meet us at the local gas station and we would follow him to the stables and he didn't show up but fortunately we had GPS and were able to locate it with no trouble... the horses were clean and well cared for and the tour was beautiful through forest, the beach, and some local homesteads, in addition to seeing a lot of wildlife including a howler monkey mother and baby. Had we been more fluent in spanish we may have appreciated it more but Nano made a great effort to share his local knowledge, and experience in english. We got some great pictures, and we all had an enjoyable ride. It felt a little awkward at the start / finish with the language barrier, not sure what to do, where to go, or how things worked, we just showed up got on horses and rode, but a great experience, and good recommendation on restaurant that we ended up that evening at which was "Il Peperoni".

1  Thank Tim S
Reviewed March 21, 2014

If you have ever seen those pictures of people riding horses on the beach with beautiful water, then this is exactly the experience you are looking for.

The owners are delightful. "Nano" and his American wife Carrie are absolutely wonderful and great with adults and kids alike. The horses are gentle but also fun for experienced riders if you want to run them. Scenery is spectacular and you get both beach and jungle views in the ride we did.

Our family absolutely loved it and if we went back, we would sure to make Playa Ponies one of the "must do's" of the trip.

1  Thank Doug B
Reviewed March 8, 2014

These horses seem well cared for and well trained. I enjoyed the spectacular scenery and thought the price was fair ($50 per person for three people). I would like to have learned something about the area and especially would have appreciated riding tips to canter or gallop, but I don't speak Spanish and our friendly guide didn't speak English. In hindsight, I should have asked if an English-speaking guide was available. But a quiet ride is no less beautiful.

1  Thank Amanda T
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Absolutely loved my tour with Playa Ponies..trotted along the beach, through the jungle and up the hills. Great guide, great horses. A must-do in Nosara.

1  Thank earthwindfirewater