“Best Food EVER!!!”

Beach Dog Cafe
Ranked #4 of 80 Restaurants in Nosara
Cuisines: Costa Rican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Great beachfront spot. Smoothies and fish tacos are excelent! Needs to be on Tripadvisor. Breakfast/lunch - open to 3.
Delray Beach, Florida
“Best Food EVER!!!”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

We met Michael the owner on the beach and decided to pop in for dinner and reggae night. We started with fresh, crafted cocktails- passionfruit with vodka and a passionfruit, ginger beer, rum concoction made by the owner himself. The ceviche with fresh made chips and Cajun Fish Mango Sliders did not disappoint. However, we were blown away by our snapper dishes-- Cajun Snapper and Snapper with Fresh Pineapple Salsa accompanied by coconut rice and garlic curry veggies. The fish was beyond fresh and flavorful. We enjoyed the jazzy, reggae rhythms throughout the night. Thank you for your wonderful hospitality! Don't miss this place! They are open for all three meals. Pura Vida!

Visited August 2014

Palm coast
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing”
Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

Our group staying is Nosara for 7 days and this was definitely our favorite place! The Mediterranean chicken and the fresh fish is what we ordered and were very impressed! Highly recommended and worth every penny!

Charleston
“Favorite Place”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

Right at the top of the trail from the beach. After morning surf session, the have great smoothies and lunch. Kids loves the fresh salsa and youngest decided their fries were the best in Nosara. (He's an expert on the subject). We ate here several times and tried most everything on the menu. Everything we had was great.

Visited July 2014
Ithaca, New York
“Some of the best service that I've had in Playa Guiones”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

On my fourth trip to Playa Guiones in as many years, I finally tried out the Beach Dog Cafe and found that their service was amazing but the food was just average.

First, the service: My wife and I were warmly greeted immediately upon entering the restaurant, we had our pick of tables, and the owner (I assume) and his staff got us waters immediately. Our server, a Tica girl, was really great: she spoke well in English and gave us just the right amount of time to look over the menu. As our meal progressed, she filled our waters in a timely fashion, got me a refill of coffee, and cleared our plates at appropriate times. Really, she was fantastic--if you have dined out in Guiones, you know that great service is fairly rare.

Next, the food: The food specials on the board (e.g., tacos and a beer for $8 USD) are a great value, but we ordered from the menu and found that the portions are a little small and lack any sides to make them more ample. I should note that I have a fairly large appetite, but other restaurants in town offer slightly more portion for the same price. Additionally, the flavors of the food was also just average. The fish tacos were fine but not memorable: the soft taco was a bit tough, the fillings (as I mentioned above) were sparse), and the flavor was just okay. And the banana-bread french toast was tasty but also really small: three small slices of banana bread with no additional sides, other than syrup.

* * * *

Overall, I will definitely remember the great service and vibe that I had while at the Beach Dog, but for me, the portions and flavors could use some work. I would still recommend it as a place to try: have some of their delicious coffee or grab a beer after a surf session.

Pura Vida!

• Visited July 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great Breakfast Spot, Good Portions”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We came for breakfast and really enjoyed both of our meals - grande breakfast burrito and eggs over rice. Very low key atmosphere and the staff was very friendly.

Visited June 2014